Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I got stuck in that water pit twice on two separate games. I hate that place haha.... You can not seem to be able to pole out, you can not jump out and you are constantly fighting to breath as one can not seem to swim at all !

Died again trying to get my pack from the water container as was insanely frustrating. I think I even gave up and started a new game after that mess.

I just break the pipe end on both side and walk straight across it (this is why you should always carries a pickaxe or sledge). And if you're stuck and have some spare wood, just make a ladder instead of nerd pole out, water is broken so it hard to jump out of it.

That room ..is interesting. Definitely a higher difficulty challenge lol...

Honestly the trick is melee, i mean the room is still bull♥♥♥♥, but the only thing that doesn't suffer under water is melee attack speed. only time i've survived that mess was my heavy armor sledge character

- - - Updated - - -

Here ya go took me like a minute to do -

Ammo Bundle Maker

That was insanely fast, you're a hero thank you.

I got stuck in that water pit twice on two separate games. I hate that place haha.... You can not seem to be able to pole out, you can not jump out and you are constantly fighting to breath as one can not seem to swim at all !

Died again trying to get my pack from the water container as was insanely frustrating. I think I even gave up and started a new game after that mess.

use a ramp to get out of water... works fine

What psychopath designed the Waterworks POI? It's a solid POI until you get to the HELL ROOM that is the water channels. Breaking platforms over water! Water you can't see into! Water full of feral construction workers that are faster than you! Water you can't climb out of! Water you can't fire most guns in! Water you can't avoid because every single block around it is covered in MINES AND SPIKES!

It's like getting dropped into a pit, auto-stunned, and told 'lol good luck' when 4 ferals zoom around the corner to own you because they don't care about the water slowing THEM down. :rip:

Those falling floors in any poi always get me first time. But now I just use the concrete walkway in the middle of that water room

been seeing a group of people on steam forums not liking the rage feature now--- Pleaase////DO NOT remove it.

It's a game changer.

There always be someone hating something, it’s life.

I think it’s groovy myself.

I just break the pipe end on both side and walk straight across it (this is why you should always carries a pickaxe or sledge). And if you're stuck and have some spare wood, just make a ladder instead of nerd pole out, water is broken so it hard to jump out of it.

use a ramp to get out of water... works fine

Some ideas I will keep in mind, thanks for the suggestions guys.

One day we will get functional water blocks that will be easier to work with, which will be great in my mind.

What psychopath designed the Waterworks POI? It's a solid POI until you get to the HELL ROOM that is the water channels. Breaking platforms over water! Water you can't see into! Water full of feral construction workers that are faster than you! Water you can't climb out of! Water you can't fire most guns in! Water you can't avoid because every single block around it is covered in MINES AND SPIKES!

It's like getting dropped into a pit, auto-stunned, and told 'lol good luck' when 4 ferals zoom around the corner to own you because they don't care about the water slowing THEM down. :rip:

I use frames to build my own way. Unless I have a clear quest. Then I make a hole in the wall of the channels and kill the workers when they use this exit.

If you think this is hell, then you will have a lot of fun at the Shamway factory.

Water needs some serious rework. It feels like you're walking on wet cement. It's extremely hard to move anywhere once you fall in it, no matter the direction, but zombies don't get slowed down, so the end result is the cheapest death possible. Any water ponds or bodies in any POI is an absolute death trap.

Packing and unpacking 6000 scrap iron gives me 18k XP.. And you can pack it within 10 seconds. Sounds like a massive exploit.

Right... And why you had to tell it? hahaha...

Is together with some other "workarounds" which are still with the game since A14... Use them wisely and benefit from them...

"Bend" the mechanics, not "Break" them...

Here's a couple minutes, not many, of me horde testing a base design. I did not record the whole event, since it's pretty much the same all night through, except for the demolishers showing up near the end.

(Had to block the 2 backup paths to force zombies into the killing machinery).

(With demolisher going boom).

It was test, and i didn't want to use the 2 backup paths since i hadn't loaded the dart traps nor wired the pressure plates for them.

edit: I play at warrior difficulty, 32 zombies at a time.

That's a sweet base. I'd like to try it out any chance we could get a tour video during the day, with more light?

Packing and unpacking 6000 scrap iron gives me 18k XP.. And you can pack it within 10 seconds. Sounds like a massive exploit.

But the xp drops massively each time afterwards? It did for me couple versions back. The first xp reward was humongous, yes.

Any good places to get antibiotics? I'm all out, infected, and the trader doesn't want to sell any. I looted a Pop'n Pills that had NONE somehow. I'm tempted to just cycle through the woods and look for stumps but they're subject to the pop-in issue like a lot of other objects, so finding them is really really hard.

Any good places to get antibiotics? I'm all out, infected, and the trader doesn't want to sell any. I looted a Pop'n Pills that had NONE somehow. I'm tempted to just cycle through the woods and look for stumps but they're subject to the pop-in issue like a lot of other objects, so finding them is really really hard.

I get antibiotics very frequently as a trader quest reward.

Is there any way of generating a random world using GPU, but from the command line like you can with a server?

For example, I can do this:

./7DaysToDieServer.exe -quit -batchmode -nographics -logfile "$(wslpath -w "${LOG}")" -configfile=serverconfig.xml -UserDataFolder=UserData -GameWorld=RWG -WorldGenSize="${SIZE}" -WorldGenSeed="${SEED}" -GameName=test -verbose -dedicated &

And it will start a server and generate a random seed, but it uses CPU instead of GPU, and not only it is slower, but I fear the result will not be quite the same when someone generates that seed in SP. Then again, even different GPUs or even drivers will produce slightly different maps, won't they?

That's terrible luck not finding any at Pops. I'd just ride to the next town look for another pops much better chance, by the time u find honey in stumps you might've past the 5% infection. Or if you're feeling brave/desperate T5 hospital :D

I get antibiotics very frequently as a trader quest reward.

t1 and t2 quests have very frequent medical supplies as rewards now. Good for getting on your feet early, even if you don't get the antibiotics you'll likely wind up with an supply of medical bandages and medkits to last you a bit as well as the quest locations will have chances to drop honey or antibiotics as loot too.

That's a sweet base. I'd like to try it out any chance we could get a tour video during the day, with more light?

Thank you.

When it comes to presenting stuff by video, i think your talent is far superior to mine. English is not my native language either, so i don't speak in my videos either. End result would be a very poor tour, i'd even risk the tourists wanting their time spent back...(since time is money and all that).

I'd give a birds eye view of a replica i made just for this post, even with the backup path flaw. Yes, it was a flaw :(. Zombies are a bit like players i suppose, they don't always do what we intend for them to do.

20191112174548_1.jpg.b025563af1875ab6191688e5a873b517.jpg

Red: Zombie path.

Pink: Barriers, using arrow slits.

2+2=4 dart traps covering each lane, intended to weaken zombies, that part worked very well.

2 blade traps, which is part of why i did the test, wanted to see if they would trigger demolishers if placed low, and in a horde situation. Turns out they could, so i'd either place them upside down on the floor, or omit them if i build another simular base.

Quite costly a defense though, went through 10-12k of dart trap ammo that night, but i do play 120minute days.

edit: Ok then, a quick tour with a bit more light. But only a very quick one.

disclaimer: Video contains mindless butchering of zombies.

You could try apartment buildings as they have lots of medicine cabinets in the toilet rooms.

Archived