Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

The bug he is seeing and the one I was referencing, destroying the blocks below and around does not allow you to place the block....I thought that was the tree bug which is why I put " " around think because I wasn't sure it was the tree bug. Regardless, there is a workaround. Somewhere in my memory, somebody mentioned they figured out how to fix it, not by destroying surrounding blocks, but I cannot remember what it was. I do know it was mentioned in this thread but trying to find it would be tough.

Thanks so much for all the work that's gone into this update. My friends and I are playing again for the first time in years. There are some things we miss from earlier alphas (hub cities!), but overall, I think the devs have done an incredible job at polishing the game. We play on all different types of computers, btw: a super fast PC, two old Macs, and an old PC, and have little to no difficulty with FPS.

We ended up with 16 actually, I'll keep the others hidden away though just in case.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30454[/ATTACH]

Time to open up that Jeep dealership later and see if any of these multiply later on.

So about those 16 Jeeps we had parked outside.

ieZKiYT.jpg

RcfsYEU.jpg

They multiplied, again.

Yes, this is one way of dealing with this bug. It's an invisible tree without collision, so digging under and around any tree will cause it to fall. This frees up the occupied space. I have confirmed this works in my current game. This bug has been fixed but not sure if it has been implemented in a patch yet.

Oh never worked for me I dug under it next to it and several blocks all ways and was still there lol. I am still on a18 stable tho

Day 35, got my seeds down finally.

Day 35 ???? They will be through that block wall in seconds !

- - - Updated - - -

Gazz or Fataal

any words on the forge fps bug where if you have multiple forge going, your fps fluctuate by 5x forge number on?

There was a problem in a17 (or perhaps it was a16) that was exactly the same as this, they fixed it somehow, and I was very surprised to see it make a return in a18

I dont think thats it, I destroyed The blocks under and around it so if it was even invisible it should of disappeared.

But can you place a dirt block there?

If your problem is like mine, then you can. I haven't tried other blocks besides frames, so I guess I should test things out.

But can you place a dirt block there?

If your problem is like mine, then you can. I haven't tried other blocks besides frames, so I guess I should test things out.

That was it! It was you I was thinking of but couldn't remember which block you said to try. My old brain must remember dirt block! I get this problem with almost every base build however it seems only one block per base that I can place nothing. I will try the dirt block next time....remember...dirt block.....dirt block...dirt block...I will remember. (I probably won't remember lol).

The digging is still good.

ez6n7kdt.jpg

And THIS is why miners need the pallets/stacks for ore. =)

jPgZ8UYt.jpg

I use Ore Bundle in A18 (b155) for first time and it give me 4500/6000 XP for one bundle creation. I feel it is bit too much exp. If you find that book on day on you can easily get lot of exp for free. I understand the argument for game stage increase with XP, but if a player like me is 112 level and all kind of zombie are already showing up, increasing game stage won't effect me that much. I feel it should be nerf a little, maybe 1000xp is good for bundling?

While on bundling, can we have so we can make 7.62 ammo bundle when we can make bullets itself [recipe etc]. though it will be 100 resource, and when we read that Book for bundle, it then reduce it to 80. If not that idea, at least allow us to bundle loose bullets to bundle for management purpose?

- - - Updated - - -

The same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. :p I picked up my minibike, put it away in a chest, went back outside, and it was back out there. Picked it back up, and now I have two. :p

I had 2 junk turret now, I thought it is server level bug where it fail to update profile/pickup etc.

The bug he is seeing and the one I was referencing, destroying the blocks below and around does not allow you to place the block....I thought that was the tree bug which is why I put " " around think because I wasn't sure it was the tree bug. Regardless, there is a workaround. Somewhere in my memory, somebody mentioned they figured out how to fix it, not by destroying surrounding blocks, but I cannot remember what it was. I do know it was mentioned in this thread but trying to find it would be tough.

Oh never worked for me I dug under it next to it and several blocks all ways and was still there lol. I am still on a18 stable tho

I went back to a previous save where I had this bug in the base I was building and found digging a one block radius did not work. Try placing wood frames around the invisible block 3 high and then remove the bottom rows so that you have frames that seem to be suspended in mid air. Now you have to clear at least a two block radius all around the invisible tree making sure there are no supportive blocks. If you succeed the wood frames collapse and the tree is gone. Keep in mind trees have support for several blocks vertically so if you have built around it you may have to remove blocks higer up or even above. Hope that helps somewhat.

Haha lol that's epic. Now all you need is 80 friends to crash your server peeling out all at once!

Joel! We need the ability for a passenger to be able to shoot in the Jeeps.

Or imagine a squad of raider driving them to plow through your horde base...😂👍

While on bundling, can we have so we can make 7.62 ammo bundle when we can make bullets itself [recipe etc]. though it will be 100 resource, and when we read that Book for bundle, it then reduce it to 80. If not that idea, at least allow us to bundle loose bullets to bundle for management purpose?

Unlocking the bundles earlier is technically possible but then they don't do anything useful when you get them so... meh.

If they scale ingredients (which we can do now) then we'd have to explain why they do the same thing with a 2nd recipe and that's messy.

Doing that would be a super easy mod, though. =)

well...bm horde day 35 is over....Despite having half of my electrical fence grid not working (wiring issue), new SMG turret disabled (ammo not locked), and one dart trap not working (ammo not locked), I still steam rolled the horde lol...do I dare say my base will take on any horde? :p I might need up the max alive for more of a challenge lol....

Feral Wights started showing up and more cops but nothing I couldn't handle. :)

I will upload video later

That was it! It was you I was thinking of but couldn't remember which block you said to try. My old brain must remember dirt block! I get this problem with almost every base build however it seems only one block per base that I can place nothing. I will try the dirt block next time....remember...dirt block.....dirt block...dirt block...I will remember. (I probably won't remember lol).

I tried dirt wont work no block does. tried digging around and under it, nothing worked.[ATTACH=CONFIG]30497[/ATTACH]

7daysbug.thumb.jpg.16659be035a63e9c7e5f6ec36f94b2a4.jpg

Unlocking the bundles earlier is technically possible but then they don't do anything useful when you get them so... meh.

If they scale ingredients (which we can do now) then we'd have to explain why they do the same thing with a 2nd recipe and that's messy.

Doing that would be a super easy mod, though. =)

all other are understandable, but making Bullet bundle from lose by mod is not. I know it is just adding a recipe in XML and done, but I think this can go in core feature list, Maybe we can discuss it to be related to same book as of now, but it should be there. Just saying. No worries not a ground breaking feature anyways. Maybe just note somewhere if you have list of feature requests.

well...bm horde day 35 is over....Despite having half of my electrical fence grid not working (wiring issue), new SMG turret disabled (ammo not locked), and one dart trap not working (ammo not locked), I still steam rolled the horde lol...do I dare say my base will take on any horde? :p I might need up the max alive for more of a challenge lol....

Feral Wights started showing up and more cops but nothing I couldn't handle. :)

I will upload video later

Post is up, Video should be done in 26 minutes. Enjoy!!! Let me know what you think. I think this new setup should work against demolishers. :)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?133930-LazMan-vs-Day-35-Horde

Archived