Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Well the random guy running to your door with a horde behind him isn't so bad. You get to decide to let him in and help him kill the herde or not help him the herd gets him while you stay silent and the zs don't bother with your base cause they don't know your there.

That was my thinking. The encounters could be in stages even, so helpless npc shows up and says “Zombies are attacking my house!”, which is a block away, so by the time you get there, the zombies have already spawned in.

Loc

That setup rocked. Great design, and great baseball arm you have there....not bad considering how many you threw lol...��

I wasnt sure using a door up top would work but the AI didny seem to mind it. I may incorporate those.

thanks, and yeah, got a little toasty there. I must be clipping the edge of the trap door or something.

the door at the top took a little damage near the end

I know I at times tease the snowdog, but he is a good perv, has a sense of humor. I slipped up and yelled at MM in the video. Not that he was there to hear it, but oh well. Damned food poisoning at a really bad time.

I got an end game weapon on day one and said, "Dang, I won already". :)

I put on my Dirty, milk drinking, cheater hat and tested out my Zero Maintenance fort I did in A17 or A16.

It still works... but its boring after that.

I suggest that end game items and weapon should be impossible to find until at least Day 7. Day 28 would be better or maybe some option setting or have that part of the difficulty setting.

Edit: Or Lucky Looter needs an adjustment.

Totally against it. It's just far from any sort of reason. If I am not good at judging quality, I might miss good stuff and see more bad stuff, but hell, it's not like t3 stuff should appear magically because I reached gamestage X. We are playing a sandbox game and not super mario bros.

Having a low chance for good stuff early on and a higher one later on is an adequate solution - and the joy when you find an outstanding tool, when your mates are just trying to get a basic tool ... priceless.

It's all good talking about chances, but hardcoding looting caps would be a step in the wrong direction and one more step away from sandbox in my opinion.

If you happen to be lucky and roll those Q5 Steel Knuckles on day 1 on a Fort build, the rest of the playthrough is gonna be boring in that department.

If all you play for is that Q5 knuckles ... basically you can just do away with all the perks and books. just add 1% by each level you progress and make it linear levels instead of sandbox. Problem solved, Jump 'n' gun ^^

thanks, and yeah, got a little toasty there. I must be clipping the edge of the trap door or something.

I know I at times tease the snowdog, but he is a good perv, has a sense of humor. I slipped up and yelled at MM in the video. Not that he was there to hear it, but oh well. Damned food poisoning at a really bad time.

Lol, I thought you were referring to the high HP speaker block lol. I also discovered what a crap yield that has (@gazz).

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, the molotov rotates and has a chance to catch edges if too close. Takes patience and practice to get it right. If you like you can double up on the hatches (2x1) which will give you more throwing space.

Lol, I thought you were referring to the high HP speaker block lol. I also discovered what a crap yield that has (@gazz).

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, the molotov rotates and has a chance to catch edges if too close. Takes patience and practice to get it right. If you like you can double up on the hatches (2x1) which will give you more throwing space.

I may do that. gonna add dart traps along the outside left and right edge of the wall too.

Question - are the Tiered questlines the best way to get T6 items? right now out of 30-50 players on day 150 no one has a T6 auger.

we are doing the Tier 5 quest hoping the trader will give them out.

what are the chances of a T6 auger in the game?

Not sure but I know I've been recently getting more purple items in the final loot rooms of POIs around lvl 30ish (gs 70ish) with 1 or 2 points in lucky looter.

Question - are the Tiered questlines the best way to get T6 items? right now out of 30-50 players on day 150 no one has a T6 auger.

we are doing the Tier 5 quest hoping the trader will give them out.

what are the chances of a T6 auger in the game?

I'm starting to think t6 tools are not dropping properly, We're level 70 past day 100 and haven't found anything other than a single t6 iron pick

You must have never rode a BMX or a Mountain Bike...

I rode Bikes before those as a kid & I could stand up on the pedals & go up any hills or steep freeway overpasses, those are steep...

The Mountain Bikes today have so much Torque you can pretty much go anywhere...

Just need the will to pedal on...

Wow, this guy is riding in the SNOW...

haha, I'll take that bait, thankyou very much.

I have been riding bikes for well over 40 years, my later years including cross country and downhill mountain biking, I have been riding motorbikes for not much less than that as well, and my statement still stands.

I use iron sheets, it basically leaves a two block gap, making it look like its floating. I don't cover the surfaces as the zombies can sometimes can get caught up a bit.

Gore blocks were great, it was the only time I had a strong fortress almost completely overrun. I will not forget that night! :)

I do miss the implementation of Gore

Blocks.

It allowed zombies to reach all manor of places given time and created a larger sense of dread no matter what type of base and how high up you was.

They do now but zombies need the ability to climb on top of each other easier/faster and this could then present the same fear factor.

Plus the fact zombies just vanish in game kind of cheapens the death somewhat.

I think the main reason gore blocks discontinued was that they were simply ugly or something right ?

I do miss the implementation of Gore

Blocks.

It allowed zombies to reach all manor of places given time and created a larger sense of dread no matter what type of base and how high up you was.

They do now but zombies need the ability to climb on top of each other easier/faster and this could then present the same fear factor.

Plus the fact zombies just vanish in game kind of cheapens the death somewhat.

I think the main reason gore blocks discontinued was that they were simply ugly or something right ?

Performance mainly, that I believe was the main consensus from madmole. Don't quote me on that though.

What.... Have you not ever been to the game modifications thread lol. Today.. yes right now people are modding the ♥♥♥♥ outta this game already lol

Of course they are they have been for a while now...

How I should have phrased it is they intend to leave the Game in the hands of the community to Mod as they please because the Game is Open Source.

What I stand by is they do not & have never wanted anyone to report BUGS if the Game is modded or altered in anyway.

That has been the Guideline from the beginning, play the Game as the Pimps intended it to be played if you are going to report BUGS...

You can use any Mod you want, just don't report a Bug if you do, always been like that...

That includes items in the inventory that are DEV ONLY BLOCKS...

haha, I'll take that bait, thankyou very much.

I have been riding bikes for well over 40 years, my later years including cross country and downhill mountain biking, I have been riding motorbikes for not much less than that as well, and my statement still stands.

Oh then you know they have motorcycles that can drive in the snow also, it would be a nice Mod to add to the Game, so again your original statement is again debunked...

I had a Schwinn Super Le Tour 2.2, & I fast...

Here's a couple minutes, not many, of me horde testing a base design. I did not record the whole event, since it's pretty much the same all night through, except for the demolishers showing up near the end.

(Had to block the 2 backup paths to force zombies into the killing machinery).

(With demolisher going boom).

It was test, and i didn't want to use the 2 backup paths since i hadn't loaded the dart traps nor wired the pressure plates for them.

edit: I play at warrior difficulty, 32 zombies at a time.

Here's a couple minutes, not many, of me horde testing a base design. I did not record the whole event, since it's pretty much the same all night through, except for the demolishers showing up near the end.

(Had to block the 2 backup paths to force zombies into the killing machinery).

(With demolisher going boom).

It was test, and i didn't want to use the 2 backup paths since i hadn't loaded the dart traps nor wired the pressure plates for them.

edit: I play at warrior difficulty, 32 zombies at a time.

That's a sweet base, compact and efficient. I like how u have easy access to repair traps too. Still trying to figure my base out, not going too well. Probably best I don't show mine I'd probably get banned here, I use all exploits possible but I still die a lot lol.

Archived