Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

any word on when the next update may hit? dev tracker is not updated :(

Dev tracker won't help you there. There is no word other than the oft repeated phrase: when it's done.

these are for creative menu only and not planned for player create, hence no recipes.

sorry, i love them too but was told ... (not every dev block is to be available for crafting) :)

good luck tho, maybe we can have them later, never know.

I still think the table saw would be a good option for this situation. Make the table saw how you craft the oddball blocks that are only available in CM?

That's a really competitive and aggressive way to see it.

Sometimes it's what it takes. I had the exact attitude when I quit smoking. F them companies getting rich off my addiction.

So I've noticed that I can put a serrated blade mod on the knuckles and spear. Does the effect from the mod actually even affect those weapons? Says it causes a 10% chance to cause a Bleeding Wound on a regular attack. Can't say I've noticed it proc though.

I just tested it and it does proc. But as we recently found out, the 10% chance is proportional to the percental damage to full zombie health. In other words if your weapon damage is 50 and the zombie has 100 HPs then the bleed chance per hit is only 5%

Also it seems to not take headshot multiplier (and maybe other buffs/perks/...) into account when doing this calculation, only base damage

Please, add a set of sinks and bathtubs along the toilet group as general bathroom furniture.

While i would like that too, i think its more important to add a wider variety of decorations before going in depth in allready implemented things.

Currently working on a List of Stuff i would like to see ingame and that F*cker is allready 56 Ideas long^^

People who live in high rises.

People who live in units

People who sit on their roof while it's night time during a zombie apocalypse

Could keep going but point made......

i live on 4 1/2 acres and bought a sawmill to provide timber to make heaps of raised gardens

God forbid I answer some questions, the creeps will quote me out of context or manipulate my grand vision into a piece of ♥♥♥♥. Time to go dark I think.

Madmole is leaving Fun Pimps..

(before you jump to conclusion it is sarcastic comment reflecting actual quoted statement :) )

I got an end game weapon on day one and said, "Dang, I won already". :)

I put on my Dirty, milk drinking, cheater hat and tested out my Zero Maintenance fort I did in A17 or A16.

It still works... but its boring after that.

I suggest that end game items and weapon should be impossible to find until at least Day 7. Day 28 would be better or maybe some option setting or have that part of the difficulty setting.

Edit: Or Lucky Looter needs an adjustment.

Madmole is leaving Fun Pimps..

(before you jump to conclusion it is sarcastic comment reflecting actual quoted statement :) )

Can you blame him, A18 breaking all records and ppl saying he's cashed in to the mainstream casuals by adding free new weapons and removed one icon...and then there's ppl who prefer cheese to spam...smh violently.

That's annoying i don't understand why that block set would only ever be "dev blocks" its perfect for vehicles not to mention it adds more customization to the game which is great. the more verity the better. I hope that they put it into the helper block selection soon. seems like an easy thing to do.

The Game is still under development & should only be played as the Pimp's intended it to be played.

That has been the guide line the entire time the Game has been in Alpha State.

That is how they want you to play while it is still in Alpha State when reporting bugs.

Of course after official release they have always planned on players modding the ♥♥♥♥♥ out of the Game.

This is an Alpha State Game & just be happy you can play along & give opinions while they develop it.

Not all Dev's do this so be happy you are a small part of that.

So many of you forget that this is Alpha, Not even Beta Yet or a finished Game.

It's that simple, been like that from the beginning, Kickstarter ring any bells...

To fix the bike (from a reality and gameplay balance perspective), speedwise it should be pretty much ineffective on most 'off road' terrains, unless you are riding it downhill. And it should NOT be able to ride in snow or desert at all.

You must have never rode a BMX or a Mountain Bike...

I rode Bikes before those as a kid & I could stand up on the pedals & go up any hills or steep freeway overpasses, those are steep...

The Mountain Bikes today have so much Torque you can pretty much go anywhere...

Just need the will to pedal on...

Wow, this guy is riding in the SNOW...

Can you blame him, A18 breaking all records and ppl saying he's cashed in to the mainstream casuals by adding free new weapons and removed one icon...and then there's ppl who prefer cheese to spam...smh violently.

I remember saying this a year ago, and I am saying it now. If a development team, in gaming world come in front to face gamers, they are going to get negative comment on face.

I mean if a character die in game, people start blaming their partners. People do take gaming seriously. But then Fun pimps is doing this for long time, and they might need break but they know and over come it. There are certain part of game I don't like, but it is just game. If I don't like it, I am welcome to leave it. Why I blame developer. They are doing what they can do best, even if it is less than what I am expecting. They are doing what they can do and what they want to do. Their game, their choice. I am here for fun and some fooling around.

- - - Updated - - -

That's annoying i don't understand why that block set would only ever be "dev blocks" its perfect for vehicles not to mention it adds more customization to the game which is great. the more verity the better. I hope that they put it into the helper block selection soon. seems like an easy thing to do.

my +1 to add those block for better vehicle parking entry.

The digging is still good.

ez6n7kdt.jpg

And THIS is why miners need the pallets/stacks for ore. =)

jPgZ8UYt.jpg

Dead is Dead Birdcage 2.0 with a shout out to Laz, MM, and Snowdog

only day 14, havent cooked any cement or made any cobblestone, still scavenged alot of mats to make the base.

Intel Agility build. 90 minute days, 20 max alive.

I put on my Dirty, milk drinking, cheater hat and tested out my Zero Maintenance fort I did in A17 or A16.

I suggest that end game items and weapon should be impossible to find until at least Day 7. Day 28 would be better or maybe some option setting or have that part of the difficulty setting.

I wonder, would that fort stand horde with at least 16 alive and lot of radiated ferals and demolishers? If so, I really want a blueprint to gather some inspiration.

Request

Hi, Devs! Could you please make it available to play via LAN (by inputting direct IP) without having Internet accessible. My router is set to disable Internet connection for my son after 8 pm. It means his Steam goes offline in the evening. Home LAN still stays accessible. But the game blocks the Join Game button if Steam is offline. IMO it's weird.

Btw alpha 18 is the best!

When looting POIs everyone always talks about destroying the blue bags for concrete/cobblestone which is good, but no-one seems to mention that if you destroy the brown packages, you get paper and/or polymers. This adds up to a lot over time. There's always the Paper Mill POI specifically which has rolls upon rolls of the stuff for you to destroy.

Also, a habit of mine, as I tend to play no respawn on loot, is to destroy every garbage container I loot. This gives 1 or 2 polymer/paper each time as well. When you destroy Birds Nests, you will also get a few extra feathers, and sometimes some paper, wood or grass along with it as well.

Playing as a Stealth build I tend to destroy every single piece of debris on the ground to prevent noise - this is 1 or 2 pieces of paper every time too.

I don't tend to use shotgun's myself, but I always intend on saving it up for later use with shotgun turrets, so it's not uncommon to have 10-20 stacks of paper just lying around in storage, as well as buying the ammo from the trader which is relatively cheap.

Again, it's all the little things that add up, combined with being a true hoarder that doesn't like to ever throw anything away (except glass - never needed it - and melting Sand is always a thing if I do).

I agree. I think madmole said it's a very, very small chance of finding that Q4+ early game; still, I don't see the point of having even 0.01% chance. If it never happens the odds don't matter, if you do find one it kinda breaks your game in the sense that it's going to be tough to have any progression after that. The best feeling is the one happening when you improve your stuff bit by bit, quality by quality, tier by tier. If you happen to be lucky and roll those Q5 Steel Knuckles on day 1 on a Fort build, the rest of the playthrough is gonna be boring in that department.

I agree. I think madmole said it's a very, very small chance of finding that Q4+ early game; still, I don't see the point of having even 0.01% chance. If it never happens the odds don't matter, if you do find one it kinda breaks your game in the sense that it's going to be tough to have any progression after that. The best feeling is the one happening when you improve your stuff bit by bit, quality by quality, tier by tier. If you happen to be lucky and roll those Q5 Steel Knuckles on day 1 on a Fort build, the rest of the playthrough is gonna be boring in that department.

I think top tier items should be reserved for the big, challenging POIs, such as weapon factories or buildings of the sorts, while having a very rare chance of finding them in small POIs as well to make things fun.

Right now, it's true that loot is too buffed. You don't need to visit any dangerous, tier 5 POIs since you can already find the cool stuff in smaller POIs.