Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

It's... kinda sorta a solution. Those are dev blocks without any upgrade chains.

We ARE planning to go wide with shapes in A19 and any effort spent on a single shape here or there is wasted.

Ask a modder. Adding a recipe is super easy. =)

I wonder, would that fort stand horde with at least 16 alive and lot of radiated ferals and demolishers? If so, I really want a blueprint to gather some inspiration.

It's invincible with the current AI.

Milk.thumb.jpg.430434a0c99859e684d74aa93c50997c.jpg

You can ignore the "penthouse" at the top, its all fluff. :)

Today I played 7 Days the whole day with a few friends of mine. It was really fun, but a new player got confused about requiring 5 meat to cook and said it's not very logical. It would be a good idea to rename Meat to "piece of meat" or something IMO. Also, I can't wait for specific zombies having specific loot again. Would really help my friend who is in Severe Infection to know he can kill Nurse Zombies.

We're also swimming in wrenches this playthrough. Funny how RNG always seems to have the prime item to give you in each playthrough lol.

Day 28 horde used 2k bullets, no demolishers yet, but the trailer as the front steps for the fighting base still working great.

(they really really love climbing the 2 trellis by the front door, hopping up (getting shot), running across the roof (getting shot),

dropping down 1 block, then hopping up on to the 1 block wide path (getting shot a lot more) to try and get me.

Mind you, having 5xM60 on the toolbelt makes it kinda easy (2x lvl 1, a 4, 5 and 6).

I think I'm gonna need more bullets for day 35, and maybe some backup. reloading not too bad timewise, but repair?

It doesn't pop the mg back onto the bar since some are already there. Have to wait for a break.

s'ok. barely touched my stock of AP, but going to see about making a lot more of those.

Fort build, maxed on brawler/mg/heavy armor/health regen.

The triple mines are really sweet. (iron, nitrate, coal) Still haven't used up all the lead from digging out the production room at bedrock.

(was a 10x10 lead vein. heh)

No, I have NOT fiddled with the damage on the weapons yet. (ginormous bags I have, so lotsa room for more bullits)

:D

I'm really really liking A18. So far, no NEED to upgrade the weapon damage, which is good.

(I'm still gonna make the gun from hell, just for giggles mind you)

finding steel armor to scrap to make good armor, well, not going very well. :(

oh well.

'slplodey heads when punched? heh. too funny.

Why and how is your base floating?

Time to bring back gore blocks, clearly :cocksure:

I use iron sheets, it basically leaves a two block gap, making it look like its floating. I don't cover the surfaces as the zombies can sometimes can get caught up a bit.

Gore blocks were great, it was the only time I had a strong fortress almost completely overrun. I will not forget that night! :)

Dead is Dead Birdcage 2.0 with a shout out to Laz, MM, and Snowdog

only day 14, havent cooked any cement or made any cobblestone, still scavenged alot of mats to make the base.

Intel Agility build. 90 minute days, 20 max alive.

That setup rocked. Great design, and great baseball arm you have there....not bad considering how many you threw lol...😂

I wasnt sure using a door up top would work but the AI didny seem to mind it. I may incorporate those.

I got an end game weapon on day one and said, "Dang, I won already". :)

I put on my Dirty, milk drinking, cheater hat and tested out my Zero Maintenance fort I did in A17 or A16.

It still works... but its boring after that.

I suggest that end game items and weapon should be impossible to find until at least Day 7. Day 28 would be better or maybe some option setting or have that part of the difficulty setting.

Edit: Or Lucky Looter needs an adjustment.

What base design are you using again? The Good weapon drop is not the problem. It's your zero maintenance base design that's OP...😂 especially if it can built early game.

If it's a loop cheese base, try using a different design for now as faatal will eventually update the AI to debunk that setup...😂

It's invincible with the current AI.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30475[/ATTACH]

You can ignore the "penthouse" at the top, its all fluff. :)

I see wyd there. Very clever, basically metal sheet plates stacked opposite of each other to create a 2 high gap. Yeah I can see how that is OP as hell. No wonder your bored out of your mind...😂

Are you logged in?

Yeah... but i click on the spoiler button and nothing happens :-(

But anyway, from what you wrote, you stack 2 metal sheets opposite to one another, and them build on top of the 2nd sheet, basically? The zombied don't hit upwards?

What base design are you using again? The Good weapon drop is not the problem. It's your zero maintenance base design that's OP...�� especially if it can built early game.

If it's a loop cheese base, try using a different design for now as faatal will eventually update the AI to debunk that setup...��

No it cant be built very early. I cheated it up, its a "floater" base. I must give the AI credit, the fort did take some damage! So they (BM zombies only) will hit up, but not very much. :)

Yeah... but i click on the spoiler button and nothing happens :-(

But anyway, from what you wrote, you stack 2 metal sheets opposite to one another, and them build on top of the 2nd sheet, basically? The zombied don't hit upwards?

Are you using the mobile version? It's borked on mobile.

Why can't you make it early? Doesn't it work with flagstone plates too?

It might work but metal sheets are paper thin compared to plates which are a bit thicker.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now, yes. That must be it then, i didnt know the mobile version had a problem with attachments. Thanks!

You should be able to view it in desktop view mode (android). For photos, I usually use imgur.com so I dont mess with that nonsense. 😂

Archived