Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

You eventually reach a point where you cant increase your damage anymore with a given attribute and a maxed out weapon. And yet the game stage keeps increasing.

Should there not be a cap on the main attributes so our damage can keep up with the rising gamestage?

Thing is I'm not saying that we should become all powerful, the shotty's perk bonus is cripple and stun, it's almost a necessity on higher difficulties and nightmare speed. But it wasn't coming into effect. So with the slow reload and small mag size the Strength ranged weapons becomes a real problem and falling behind other attributes.

* Brawler is king for me atm, machine guns, fists, great survival perks

* Intellect stun baton + turret combo is wickedly awesome and who doesn't want a discount at the traders?

* Agility, archery starts off slow but is a powerhouse later on, blades are my fav weapons (looking at u machete u sweet sweet curvaceous beauty), Gunslinger bonus crit damage perks are awesome even on pistols.

* Perception, haven't played much

But as Gazz stated it's balanced for default settings which makes sense tbh. Maybe when all is finished other difficulties will get looked at.

The next thing you remove from the game are brass items?

Well, after all, the truth is, why are they needed if you can just find ready-made brass scrap, extract brass scrap from doors, cars, batteries and other objects?

Why do these intermediate objects if we scrap them or melt them in the forge anyway?

Simplify so simplify! =)

NO! DO NOT DO THIS!!! PLEASEEEEEeeeeeeeee....

:D :D :D What?

Your pink colored glasses is cracked?

Not quite there, yet. It's going to get a buff... but not in DPS which is what many consider the only useful stat of a weapon. =P

It was designed with a heavy crowd control component and due to animation shenanigans and a too generic approach to stuns it didn't really do that.

Oooo, do pray tell...😂

This has been bugging me as I can no longer get NVIDIA Freestyle filters to work, NVIDIA Experience simply doesn't pick up the app when I scan it (active directories point to install location) even though it's been supported for a while. Worked with a few exp branches and stable but on B5+B6 exp no go. All my other games with support work just fine.

Wondering if experimental branch stops it working now, how is Freestyle working for others here?

Yes, I use it all the time. It's hard to climb hills with a makeshift bike IRL. I think it's a really good reason for wanting to get that minibike or motorcycle

Thanks, I'll try that right now, yea its the steep 1's that hurt...

It would be nice to stand on the pedals & get some...

Scratch

these are for creative menu only and not planned for player create, hence no recipes.

sorry, i love them too but was told ... (not every dev block is to be available for crafting) :)

good luck tho, maybe we can have them later, never know.

That's annoying i don't understand why that block set would only ever be "dev blocks" its perfect for vehicles not to mention it adds more customization to the game which is great. the more verity the better. I hope that they put it into the helper block selection soon. seems like an easy thing to do.

Thanks, haven’t seen any yet, Day 30....

stop running around in a circle... you'll find them :)

- - - Updated - - -

That's annoying i don't understand why that block set would only ever be "dev blocks" its perfect for vehicles not to mention it adds more customization to the game which is great. the more verity the better. I hope that they put it into the helper block selection soon. seems like an easy thing to do.

push for a19. anything can be possible. :)

There was an update that added steel tool parts to traders but they still seem far too rare, even with the barter skill increase. Solar banks and panels are also far too rare seeing as we can't make those at all. I've only seen a trader sell one solar panel once.

There seems to be a couple of dupe bug regarding the 4x4 in coop. We haven't been able to replicate any of them yet but I think one has to do with the trader jobs resetting a POI and the 4x4 being within that reset radius.

We logged out for the night outside the POI ready to reset it hit it the next day. Instead, I came back in earlier in the day, reset the POI and cleared it out myself. I took the 4x4 back home, everything seemed fine. We both logged in much later, I drove past the POI and there was another 4x4 in the same place as the last one, I wasn't there when I logged in earlier. The contents were identical to the original. We took it as a backup 4x4 and carried on.

The next day we logged in and a third appeared in the same place with the same contents as before. Destroying it seems to have stopped it appearing.

This second bug is likely due to the first bug. We logged in with the two 4x4s parked outside the base, the other player went to take his 4x4 but it remained in place by the looks of things (did a little bounce as it was taken) and he ended up with one in his inventory. It did the same for me with both 4x4s. It seemed like it placed multiple copies of the 4x4 in the same place because we ended up with a dozen of them in the end.

The second bug is likely due to the first bug. The two 4x4s were parked outside the base, the other player went to take his 4x4 but it remained in place by the looks of things (did a little bounce as it was taken) and he ended up with one in his inventory. It did the same thing for mine. It seemed like it placed multiple copies of the 4x4 in the same place because we ended up with a dozen of them in the end.

I heard that Jesus multiplied the loaves. You definitely win.

The same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. :p I picked up my minibike, put it away in a chest, went back outside, and it was back out there. Picked it back up, and now I have two. :p

In 18.0e my son had his bicycle dupe itself a couple times, but we couldn't reproduce the dupe on demand so I didn't report it. Glad to hear we weren't just having a collective hallucination. For what it's worth, I was hosting and we were on a LAN with a total of 3 players.

MadMole sorry for using the forum to post personal thing but it's the only way I can to talk to you.

I've been doing Keto for a couple of months but I cheated...A lot.

In your diet there is some cheat-day? Also, what do you do went you want something sweet as a dessert?

Finally getting some game time & crafted a bicycle & I was wondering if we could improve going up hills.

Is it possible to use the Space Bar in combination with Shift to make the Character stand up while riding?

I would like to simulate actual Bike Riding where you stand up to get extra torque just like you do when you rode your BMX as a kid.

Small hills are pretty much undoable & you have to ride at an angle & that just doesn't feel right.

To fix the bike (from a reality and gameplay balance perspective), speedwise it should be pretty much ineffective on most 'off road' terrains, unless you are riding it downhill. And it should NOT be able to ride in snow or desert at all.

Archived