Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

You are infected, you just don't know it until the % meters pops up.

Not showing status information, similar to the food and health, until they have an impact its not really what many players like. That should be an option in the menu. Something like "permanent UI stats" and "reduced UI stats"

here you go MM a short vid on that, made it clearer, less than 4 minutes

had to redo it, forgot the mic.

now with sound

- - - Updated - - -

lol, the infection is dormant within you until you get activated by a zed, and you can make it go dormant again with enough meds

Thanks for the video showing the trap setup, looks pretty cool!

It seems as though once I grabbed the level 5 (Shadow Ninja) Zeds are now running at me from other rooms in POI's even though I am moving as quietly as I have ever moved.

There are moments where I have taken a single step, waited till sound dropped completely, then taken another step and even this is enough to trigger a bunch smashing their way out of things and barreling their way across the room towards me. Prior to taking level 5 I was able to clear whole POI's barely alerting anyone.

So I guess the stealth bar is not having bigger spikes when doing something than with level 4, right? It is only the zombie reaction that gives a hint that something is wrong?

Maybe make the table saw a workbench for the really crazy high-end structures, like drawbridges and garage doors and whatnot? I still feel like there's not really enough advanced recipes to make it worthwhile to keep though.

or, add mods to the workbench including 1 being the table saw? calipers for specialized ammo

I prefer a super forge one where we can melt more metals at the same time and a table of sclergic alchemy (create positions, poisons, cures and bonuses in jars)

An electric furnace and oven would be really nice to have. Also the potions are good idea.

or, add mods to the workbench including 1 being the table saw? calipers for specialized ammo

These seem like great suggestions. Also I'd like to add that if workstation mods were rejiggered from particular mod per slot to generic slots like clothing/armor/weapon/tool mods have been, you could make for yourself a "weapons & ammo" workstation, a "building blocks" workstation etc. Bonus points if workstation appearance changes with the mods it has installed.

- - - Updated - - -

An electric furnace and oven would be really nice to have. Also the potions are good idea.

Chemistry station would be the logical choice for chemical/medicine/poison/cure type things. Also fits the game's modern lore better than potions would.

These seem like great suggestions. Also I'd like to add that if workstation mods were rejiggered from particular mod per slot to generic slots like clothing/armor/weapon/tool mods have been, you could make for yourself a "weapons & ammo" workstation, a "building blocks" workstation etc. Bonus points if workstation appearance changes with the mods it has installed.

- - - Updated - - -

Chemistry station would be the logical choice for chemical/medicine/poison/cure type things. Also fits the game's modern lore better than potions would.

i think more of a blast furnace could work for the forge!

i created ewith every test a new world and i tested it again today. i deleted all decorations from main-biome and in sub-biomes(except oaktrees). no tree is spawning.when im changing treeblock to another block(for example concrete-pillar), these blocks get spawned.(i tried with diffent blocks). i can show you an example ( i shortened it because of the survey with only one sub-biome).

"CRAZY ALIEN LANGUAGE"

did i something wrong??? i know i did something wrong :D but why other blocks get spawned and not trees. im trying to do a sub-biome with only birches. i like that birches and want a birchforest over a nitrate-subbiome.

greetings and thx for spending your time

my head just hurts looking at this

but its cuz im dumb so yeah!

You have to create a brand new world to see the result. Navezgane works fine, just start a new game name each time you want to test it. SOme objects have a large deco radius and might not allow a tree to spawn near it, but very few, usually its trees that have that property.

i created ewith every test a new world and i tested it again today. i deleted all decorations from main-biome and in sub-biomes(except oaktrees). no tree is spawning.when im changing treeblock to another block(for example concrete-pillar), these blocks get spawned.(i tried with diffent blocks). i can show you an example ( i shortened it because of the survey with only one sub-biome).

<biome name="pine_forest" topsoil_block="terrForestGround" biomemapcolor="#004000">

<weather>

<Temperature min="-35" max="15" prob="1"/>

<!--<Fog min="0" max="0" prob=".9"/>-->

<!--<Fog min="100" max="100" prob=".1"/>-->

<CloudThickness min="0" max="0" prob=".3"/>

<CloudThickness min="10" max="70" prob=".6"/>

<CloudThickness min="100" max="100" prob=".1"/>

<Precipitation min="0" max="0" prob=".0"/>

<Precipitation min="50" max="100" prob=".75"/>

<Wind min="10" max="20" prob="0.9"/>

<Wind min="20" max="100" prob="0.1"/>

</weather>

<subbiome prob="0.4551"> <!-- Ore Sub Biome: * leadOre -->

<layers>

<layer depth="1" blockname="terrForestGround"/>

<layer depth="3" blockname="terrDirt"/>

<layer depth="1" blockname="terrStone">

<resource blockname="terrGravel" prob="0.7830" rwgGenerationType="all"/>

</layer>

<layer depth="*" blockname="terrStone">

<resource blockname="terrOreLead" prob="0.6500" rwgGenerationType="all"/>

</layer>

<layer depth="1" blockname="terrStone"/>

<layer depth="3" blockname="terrBedrock"/>

</layers>

<decorations>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakLrg01" prob="0.1" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakMed01" prob="0.1" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakMed02" prob="0.1" rotatemax="7"/>

<decoration type="block" blockname="treeOakSml01" prob="0.1" rotatemax="7"/>

</decorations>

</subbiome>

<!-- Block layers: Pine Forest, Local ore: leadOre -->

<layers>

<layer depth="1" blockname="terrForestGround"/>

<layer depth="3" blockname="terrDirt"/>

<layer depth="*" blockname="terrStone">

<resource blockname="terrOreIron" prob="0.6500" rwgGenerationType="all"/>

<resource blockname="terrOreSilver" prob="0.00030" rwgGenerationType="all"/>

<resource blockname="terrOreGold" prob="0.00020" rwgGenerationType="all"/>

<resource blockname="terrOreDiamond" prob="0.00010" rwgGenerationType="all"/>

</layer>

<layer depth="1" blockname="terrStone">

</layer>

<layer depth="10" blockname="terrStone">

<resource blockname="terrOreLead" prob="0.6500" rwgGenerationType="all"/>

<resource blockname="terrOreSilver" prob="0.00030" rwgGenerationType="all"/>

<resource blockname="terrOreGold" prob="0.00020" rwgGenerationType="all"/>

<resource blockname="terrOreDiamond" prob="0.00010" rwgGenerationType="all"/>

</layer>

<layer depth="1" blockname="terrStone"/>

<layer depth="3" blockname="terrBedrock"/>

</layers>

<!-- Decorations Main: Pine Forest -->

<terrain class="Mountains"/>

</biome>

did i something wrong??? i know i did something wrong but why other blocks get spawned and not trees. im trying to do a sub-biome with only birches. i like that birches and want a birchforest over a nitrate-subbiome.

greetings and thx for spending your time

SUGGESTION: Please, enable the shape selecting screen to close by pressing the same key to open it (by single press of "Reload", holding down is for the entire radial menu). Right now it doesn't do anything once it's opened, we have to press ESC or "Close all windows" key to confirm the shape selection and close the window.

Shift+Left Click selects block shape and closes menu.

Maybe make the table saw a workbench for the really crazy high-end structures, like drawbridges and garage doors and whatnot? I still feel like there's not really enough advanced recipes to make it worthwhile to keep though.

Na, I want my draw bridge right away, and not waiting around on a dumb workstation gate for it. It will make texture space for the industrial forge, deleting it is a no brainer.

My thoughts on A18

A18 should of been the a17 release hands down! There are some issues that I see, but overall, a huge improvement over a17. GREAT JOB!!

Issues:

Definitely need the bigger maps like A16....at least 16k..alot of server companies are limiting map size to the 8k

Zombies rubberbanding quite often

Zombies floating after getting knocked down

Every building seems to float slightly off the ground......i guess this was the fix for the block and ground space mesh

Zombies still spawning right in front of you...especially crawlers

The removal of the upgrade (Reinforced or scrap iron) between wood frames and stone seems a bit weird to me... needs that middle upgrade.

Trees falling seem a bit over exaggerated

Trees that have not been cut or replanted disappearing as you walk near them on the map

Lanterns and flashlights need to be placed on the ground...they dont always fall to the ground after harvesting the pallet materials

There are a few more that i will post...just cant remember them right now....i really need to write this stuff down

I am playing on a fully wiped server A18.1 exp with Pregen 03

My computer specs are:

CASE- COOLERMASTER HAF XM Mid tower

MOTHERBOARD- ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming LGA 1151

CHIPSET – Intel Core I7-8700K Coffee Lake 3.7 GHZ (6 Cores)

MEMORY- Corsair Vengeance LED (White) 32GB 2x16 DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 CL 16 Quad Channel Memory

OPERATING SYSTEM- Windows 10 Home Edition

OPERATING SYSTEM HARD DRIVE- Samsung 970 Pro 512GBMLC NAND/ M.2 /2280PCIeNVMe 3.0 x4 internal SSD

GAME HARD DRIVE- Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E1T0B/AM)

GRAPHICS CARD- ASUS ROG STRIX NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Overclocked Triple-Fan 8GB GDDR5X PCIe Video Card

CPU COOLER- NOCTUA NH-D15S CPU Cooler

KEYBOARD- RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard Model # RZ03-0038

MOUSE- RAZER DEATH ADDER Infrared Gaming Mouse

Model # RZ01-0015

MONITOR- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q LCD Gaming Monitor

Coughs * Airport POI * Coughs

So I guess the stealth bar is not having bigger spikes when doing something than with level 4, right? It is only the zombie reaction that gives a hint that something is wrong?

The stealth bar seems incrementally lower with each SP invested, it just seems as though the minute I hit level 5, I could no longer creep near a room.

Would GS affect this at all ?

Hey Quantum, how about adding this to the faq?

When can we expect XYZ feature?

When its done.

I added "Spike Red Blood Paint Removal" to the "Coming to 7 Days to Die" Section with this link.

Bad News: Been out for almost 6 days and have a ton of posts to catch up on.

(And I'll update the FAQ with everything I catch as well. Could take a couple days, especially since...)

Good news: I FINALLY got my new Gigabyte Aorus double oc'd NVidia RTX 2080 TI 11 GB!! (3rd order was the charm.) (Replaced 2 Gigabyte OC'd GTX 980+'s in 'auto' SLI.)

GREAT NEWS: It took me a while to get working with my slightly dated gaming rig - but it's in and configured.

AWESOMEIST NEWS! I am running 7D2D on Ultra High everything and it freakin kicks a$$!!! (Even in the snow biome.) I was so used to half textures, etc. It's like a whole new game! Warned the wife this probably means another 7K hours...

Now I KNOW I have to update the rest of the gaming rig... (The CPU is the bottleneck now...)

; - )

Na, I want my draw bridge right away, and not waiting around on a dumb workstation gate for it. It will make texture space for the industrial forge, deleting it is a no brainer.

I the mention of an industrial forge got me thinking about electricity. Is there a Plan to update it? I would really like if electricity was necessary for the end tier production stuff like an industrial forge maybe a proper bulk cement mixer.

As a side request is it possible to add tall power line posts that can be used for running electricity that you can connect to It would help make running power-lines cross open bits of a base a bit nicer looking. Is is also possible to add an engage distance on turrets. Not sure what is or isn't possible in the engine given how it seems like you are scraping for texture space with it.

I added "Spike Red Blood Paint Removal" to the "Coming to 7 Days to Die" Section with this link.

Bad News: Been out for almost 6 days and have a ton of posts to catch up on.

(And I'll update the FAQ with everything I catch as well. Could take a couple days, especially since...)

Good news: I FINALLY got my new Gigabyte Aorus double oc'd NVidia RTX 2080 TI 11 GB!! (3rd order was the charm.) (Replaced 2 Gigabyte OC'd GTX 980+'s in 'auto' SLI.)

GREAT NEWS: It took me a while to get working with my slightly dated gaming rig - but it's in and configured.

AWESOMEIST NEWS! I am running 7D2D on Ultra High everything and it freakin kicks a$$!!! (Even in the snow biome.) I was so used to half textures, etc. It's like a whole new game! Warned the wife this probably means another 7K hours...

Now I KNOW I have to update the rest of the gaming rig... (The CPU is the bottleneck now...)

; - )

Did you already have a suitable PSU for it? That’s something I’ll need to replace if I want to install one of those.

Good show! Now that the shape builder is in place (awesome edition, by the way), the tablesaw now really does feel like "wasted space", imo. Although, quick question regarding the shape builder... How come wood frame stairs corner is in it, but you have to craft wood stairs from your inventory? :p Seems a bit odd to me.

@Madmole:

On the new game, I AM seeing more steel parts dropping, and day 20 the trader had the steel tools schematic.

Unfortunately my kill count and gamestage are artificially high because on the non stop base screamer hordes. I had enough perk points to unlock and craft the motorcycle in day 18, just a few days after crafting the minibike :/

I AM seeing way too many workstation schematics in them though... By day 20 I've probably found 5 cement mixer ones, and at least 4 workbench ones. (But I also do check every single one for loot as well.) Steel tool crafting seems a lot more accessible now.

I still haven't needed to craft a weapon at all though... I have a tier 4 junk turret (and I live the HELL out if them!), A tier 3 stun baton, a tier 4 unused steel sledge, and a tier 4 double barrel shotgun. Tier 3 and 4 weapons should be more rare under day 21 so that horde night is still a struggle. I already have my base reinforced concrete as well.

Nitrate seems a bit more scarce, and it's ground node is smaller than lead or iron... Can it be scaled up size wise to match the lead ground node?

Performance on the last build seems to have suffered a lot, but that might be the non stop screamers... I've even seen them when out n about exploring.

Archived