Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

A19 is probably a very long ways off, unless we decide to make it very small. If we go with a big alpha 19, then we will release small updates with some new content to keep you guys engaged. I've already got some books and vehicle mods designed on paper.

That sounds like a perfect way to keep the momentum going. Be sure though to post the update announcements on steam.

What part of building was lost? I'm confused.

No building was lost. I can't put any other floor on any floor in the Creative Menue. It always becomes an existing ground.

Soil = gravel, lay on it snow . Result of new soil = appearance of gravel. Destroy new ground get snowballs.

I hope it's all translated in telligibly

in chreative menue, take snow and put snow on gravel, look. Smashed discarded

I guess it can be modded, but would it be an issue if we were ALWAYS infected ? Afterall, the only reason that we survive could be our ability to find/craft antibiotics ?

I love the new infection system, but I think it should be a permanent threat...

Stage 1 has no repercussion, so we could always be at stage 1 in the best case ^^.

Think about it before throwing me heavy and spikey things...

I guess it can be modded, but what if we were ALWAYS infected ? Afterall, the only reason that we survive could be our ability to find/craft antibiotics ?

Stage 1 has no repercussion, so we could always be at stage 1 in the best case ^^.

i think if more zombies attack you it can build up!

stage two will lower stats like intellect and other's can make some perks not work, also will lower max HP and stamina.

stage three your Max Hp and stamina is cut by half and your stats are lowered significantly. until you die

You can copy rotation if you have a block that you know is aligned correctly.

Also, the top texture does have a visible direction so it's definitely possible to place them "correctly" the first time, every time.

I don't know how that matches other textures you would be using but finding that out only costs you 1 empty box tops. =)

Never noticed that. Like I said maybe I was missing something or over looking it. So thanks for the tip.

Edit: But yeah I knew about the copy but if say I don't use the tip you gave about the top of the box because at the time didn't notice it and don't paint the other boxes I wouldn't know if those was faced right or not. Anyway doesn't matter now will be checking the top of the box next time I get on lol.

i think if more zombies attack you it can build up!

stage two will lower stats like intellect and other's can make some perks not work, also will lower max HP and stamina.

stage three your Max Hp and stamina is cut by half and your stats are lowered significantly. until you die

I rewrote my post, sounds like "what if" wasn't the right expression :)

I guess it can be modded, but would it be an issue if we were ALWAYS infected ? Afterall, the only reason that we survive could be our ability to find/craft antibiotics ?

I would love it as a toggle/hardcore mode. I don't want to play that way all the time.

SUGGESTION: Please, enable the shape selecting screen to close by pressing the same key to open it (by single press of "Reload", holding down is for the entire radial menu). Right now it doesn't do anything once it's opened, we have to press ESC or "Close all windows" key to confirm the shape selection and close the window.

SUGGESTION: Please, enable the shape selecting screen to close by pressing the same key to open it (by single press of "Reload", holding down is for the entire radial menu). Right now it doesn't do anything once it's opened, we have to press ESC or "Close all windows" key to confirm the shape selection and close the window.

you should post it in the "pimp dreams" forums!

I think there was a mod once that did that (you were always infected and had to continually stave it off).

Interesting premise, not sure I'd like to play that kind of game though.

Mr. Mole.

With the cleaning up of a lot of clutter in A18, i have to ask:

Do we really need the Tablesaw in this game?

At least in its current form it feels quiete useless.

The few Wood Blocks feel gated and i think would better fit in the Wood Helper Selection.

The few Furnitures could fit into a helper to.

Its just neither of those two Groups really justify the hunt and materials for the Tablesaw. It feels for me like an arbitary Gate.

With the introduction of the helper blocks we're not sure of the table saw's fate yet.

You can copy rotation if you have a block that you know is aligned correctly.

Also, the top texture does have a visible direction so it's definitely possible to place them "correctly" the first time, every time.

I don't know how that matches other textures you would be using but finding that out only costs you 1 empty box tops. =)

It would be nice to easily know which direction a thing is facing before you place it. Especially say an iron hatch since there is 0 indication which direction the hatch is facing till you use it, see it opens the wrong way, and then spend awhile breaking it to retry placing a new one.

You are infected, you just don't know it until the % meters pops up.

here you go MM a short vid on that, made it clearer, less than 4 minutes

had to redo it, forgot the mic.

now with sound

- - - Updated - - -

You are infected, you just don't know it until the % meters pops up.

lol, the infection is dormant within you until you get activated by a zed, and you can make it go dormant again with enough meds

here you go MM a short vid on that, made it clearer, less than 4 minutes

had to redo it, forgot the mic.

now with sound

- - - Updated - - -

lol, the infection is dormant within you until you get activated by a zed, and you can make it go dormant again with enough meds

do dose that mean we can TURN!!!! :D

With the introduction of the helper blocks we're not sure of the table saw's fate yet.

I prefer a super forge one where we can melt more metals at the same time and a table of sclergic alchemy (create positions, poisons, cures and bonuses in jars)

TFP, can you please don't hide the PERK information after we open it. We still are learning and trying to memorise it, but even if we have open it up we still can use that information. Since you already done it, just keep that tab like always. Just not default to it when learned.

- - - Updated - - -

I too feel it is up to deletion, unless you want to make some special ramp (for vehicle support, stairs in them). but in general remove it.

TFP, can you please don't hide the PERK information after we open it. We still are learning and trying to memorise it, but even if we have open it up we still can use that information. Since you already done it, just keep that tab like always. Just not default to it when learned.

- - - Updated - - -

I too feel it is up to deletion, unless you want to make some special ramp (for vehicle support, stairs in them). but in general remove it.

The artwork would be a waste too lose. If its purpose is no longer needed, perhaps it can at least be converted into just a deco block.

Archived