Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Playing MP with one friend, 90 min days. New map generated with b2. Day 5 Left the base for the afternoon, have 6 candles, left 2 forges on needed to melt down some stone. When we returned around 15:00. 7 screamers were just milling about. Somethings up, but really its not terrible and breaks up the monotony of base building. :)

Try b4.

I seem to have an issue with the game after it's running for a while. I host a 2p game, everything is 60fps smooth (gfx af 0, ultra trees, full textures etc on a RX480 and 16gb RAM). After like 40-45 minutes of playing, the game seems to run significantly worse "all of a sudden", only when being outside that is. A restart fixes the issue; do you guys know any other way though ?

@madmole

hi madmole, ive got a question. im trying to add some trees to the sub-biome from forest in biomes.xml. but this didnt work.after some tries i deleted all other decorations except trees in sub-biomes and do a high prob. and in all my attempts i had no trees in any sub-biome. do trees not "spawn" or created in sub-biomes and only in main-biome???

greetings and thx for an answer

Today was a good day.

I found my first purple - a leather hood. It actually was slightly less armor, but the extra mod slots were super helpful. Then, I got a blue auger. Finally, I was able to CRAFT a blue shotgun. (I wasn't finding hardly any, so I took matters into my own hands.)

Now if only I could get the last book of the set that allows me to craft lockpicks...

It does seem like there was a big change that went unannounced, though. I'm fine with getting screamers with a certain frequency, but getting a screamer every (literal) 1 minute of real time with only three forges and a few candles going prevents you from getting anything at all done in the game.

There are two lines in the changelog announcing there is a change and a bug fix with heat generation. Hardly unannounced.

Bug fixes sometimes also have unexpected results. You don't need a crystal ball to see that this wasn't the desired outcome.

I can clear the clumped up zombies faster with the m60 than with a grenade. Tap firing at head level just wrecks house. The problem is that I start a reload and my buddy is then covering the next batch of zombies at the wall. Rinse and repeat. I'm just looking for some brief pauses of 10-20 seconds in the spawning to do quick repairs or what not. When the zombies batch up they really do some serious damage. Add a demolisher in there and your defenses are just plain gone and you're into backup plan A, B, C, etc.

The alternative is what we've been doing which is just cleaning out a POI that we have a quest in, prep it, get it wrecked, and then just start the quest to fix the POI.

Sounds a bit like you might need more traps to slow them down. In early game wire traps, later lots of electrical wire with some blade traps thrown in for good measure.

Yeah, near unplayable at my base with the new update as well.... back to back screamers.

I thought it was the old crypt graveyard across the street from my base because it has a lot of torches...got rid of them, and I still can't keep up with the screamers.

I have nothing running at my base, and three candles, no torches. Workstations are two campfires, two forges, one chem station, and one workbench, day 11.

Was this the Halloween Trick r Treat Screamer Treat update for people complaining they didn't see enough zombies?

Lol!

Has anyone who's started a *new game* experienced this screamer overload?

I've played on an old game (3 builds now) and haven't experienced this with 4 cement mixers, 4 forges 2 chem stations and 2 benches, but then again I have spikes around my walls so not too sure. Once I die from infinite horde nights I'm going to run on the newest build tho.

@madmole Hello dear Joel, I have been playing since 2013 exactly since version 4.1 7d2d. I've experienced everything from ever-increasing blood clumps to huge holes in the world. I've always loved having the opportunity to shape the world. Now after 6 years as a loyal player you come round the corner and say to me let the fingers out of the CM ? Somehow you lost a par sympathy point. Are the players who want to take advantage of the fantastic possibilities of building no longer important from now on? If so, you have discarded a nice part of the game.

Greeting Oldman

Let the fingers out of the CM? What does that mean?

Archived