Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

That is a fair point but so far no book and perk overlap duties. We'd have to replace that book with something else and make an AP ammo schematic.

Regarding that AP ammo, and that perk. How do both work? I read somewhere that AP ammo pierces multiple targets while the perk further augments that? Maybe I have that confused.

Or alternatively, recognize that a lot of people are saying "this is the best alpha yet", and just improve upon the system, perhaps with a degradation system for balance...

Or maybe add some zombies so that the items are harder to get.

Lol, I see what you did there....like 2 orsey slugs from the double barreled shotgun...

Yeah the old GS formula was a get rich quick scheme that was legit. Now that its fixed you guys are experiencing what I experience playing solo, aside from being able to team pound quests.

Yeah well I'd still say you should try to focus on quests for a day or two and see how much loot you get even solo. Getting 14 first aid bandages from a single quest on a server with 50% loot is totally OP. No one is even having to make any meds atm because its just easier to spam the quests.

It's a balance issue, and nothing major or show stopping, but if quest rewards could be tied to server loot percentage and/or your gamestage that would probably solve one of hte last major imbalances i'm seeing loot wise.

snip

Just curious what difficulty level you are playing. The club feels just right as a primitive weapon (to me) when playing the default difficulty but it is super weak against the bullet spongey zombies of the tougher difficulty levels.

It is really helpful when stating balancing suggestions to state what settings you are playing. Playing 120 minute days vs 60 minute days is going to affect how the game feels and plays. Same with difficulty level and same with loot % and other optional settings.

I've been testing early game (days 1-30) and in the 3 games I've played so far, other than primitive, I haven't had to craft any tool or weapon. I've always found better than what I could craft at the time. Obviously a small sample size, but I was hoping that Q5 and Q6 would be a little rarer.

RNG is a hell of a thing. We're around day 40 on our game with 5-6 people. We've had a handful of Q6 stuff, mostly from high end POI's or zombie drops. I've found 3 Q6 items. iron gloves, and iron shovel, and an iron crossbow. Only one of which I use. So I'm at a single useful Q6 in 40 hours..It feels much better than before when at this point we were getting backpacks with multiple Q6 guns in them.

Q6 feels like a solid spot right now. I will agree though that Q5 items still seem to be on the high end for the loot drops (from what we've seen in a single look at a single game)

It's a very rare chance to find a Q6 item early game. If it were forced OFF, I think that a lot of min maxers would start feeling frustrated, and want to power level or feel forced into min maxing to level as fast as possible to open that door. I think its fine now, its very rare, and never common even at very high GS. We will continue to tweak it until the majority feels it is good. Having one Q6 at day 17 is fine, 4+ every game would feel like a huge problem.

Thank you for that information. :)

So my toon was just lucky. Good to know.

Yeah well I'd still say you should try to focus on quests for a day or two and see how much loot you get even solo. Getting 14 first aid bandages from a single quest on a server with 50% loot is totally OP. No one is even having to make any meds atm because its just easier to spam the quests.

It's a balance issue, and nothing major or show stopping, but if quest rewards could be tied to server loot percentage and/or your gamestage that would probably solve one of hte last major imbalances i'm seeing loot wise.

Also limit the number of quests that can be done during a period of time. The trader should run out of quests until he refreshes. That would end the spamming of quests.

No doors can be lockpicked yet. We are considering it.

If you do so, don't forget PVP servers and bases protected by the claim block : for example, currently, the black safes can be open with a lockpick, whatever protection the claim block offers. I can see a lot of dramas coming...

MadMole, do u feel that distant objects like trees and buildings that have been removed or changed will ever not pop in/out of view. Or do u think that will never be fixed?

If it helps my cause I could throw in the buzzword immersion. :)

Distant trees that have fallen should disappear. Buildings do not, but I feel like we could tackle the problem in a different way and solve it. Then player forts would render and distant POIs would reflect changes.

Distant trees that have fallen should disappear. Buildings do not, but I feel like we could tackle the problem in a different way and solve it. Then player forts would render and distant POIs would reflect changes.

Ohhhhh please that indeed would be grand. Was just thinking about that again earlier with what I did on a POI and how the changes just pop up when approaching.

Anyone ever talked about repairing something automatically becoming the first thing in your queue so I don’t have to cancel and rebuild 3 other things?

Its called planning. Do you want us to build your base too? How dare you interrupt my crafting queue with your stupid low priority repair? Just messing with you. But what might be better is a drag and swap craft queue then we're not FORCING that repair to be first.

Its called planning. Do you want us to build your base too? How dare you interrupt my crafting queue with your stupid low priority repair? Just messing with you. But what might be better is a drag and swap craft queue then we're not FORCING that repair to be first.

That would be nice to! but repairing is so quick it’s almost a non issue to put it first.

Diaz or Masvidal??

Didn't y'all once say a modder was trying it? I assume Hal, but don't know.

I nerfed those medical rewards just now. Quest rewards don't care what your loot % is. Its two separate things, I don't know if its a good idea to even try to tie them together.

Archived