Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I guess my problem is I don't have the schematic for oil, nor can I craft a chemistry station. Not doing an intelligence build so until I do find the schematics i'm stuck scraping all the dyes I can.

Would it be possible to show the amount of product a recipe would make? I can see the paint recipe calls for a single Chrysanthemum and oil, but will that make a single paint or a hundred? Maybe there is a way to tell already and I don't see it?

paint recipe makes 100

I think the stuff needs some notes in the crafting like how it is in the skills where a drop box pops down or have it written in the bit where it states what it is for. For example a chem station A new person will not know what he needs to have unlocked prior to being able to craft it. Like not what resources you need.

I haven't really played much. more always testing mods out lol. Or when I finally do get to play I will find something in game i can add to my mods or would come up with an idea of a mod etc so i exit and do the mod lol.

So for me I find it hard to work out what I need to unlock somethings without having to look at xmls.. which I then get side tracked and make another mod or improve one lol

I think the stuff needs some notes in the crafting like how it is in the skills where a drop box pops down or have it written in the bit where it states what it is for. For example a chem station A new person will not know what he needs to have unlocked prior to being able to craft it. Like not what resources you need.

I think if you flip through the tabs when looking at something, if there is some perk you need to unlock it, there is a link that says "PERK". If you click it, it brings you to the perk you would need.

The auger will create a lot of heat if you tap it. Holding it down and keeping it running will not generate additional heat.

As for the forge, I believe you are right provided that you don't have much else running. A forge gives 3% heat, but according to my tests with the torches, the dissipation should keep a single forge in check.

Not entirely accurate: each time the auger creates a hit on metal or stone it will generate a small bit of heat. Auger creates a lot of hits so it will quickly rack up on heat from the sound. Not holding will only make it worse.

Not entirely accurate: each time the auger creates a hit on metal or stone it will generate a small bit of heat. Auger creates a lot of hits so it will quickly rack up on heat from the sound. Not holding will only make it worse.

True... well still not entirely. I tested with rock, and no heat... but yeah, hitting ore will give a tiny bit after it breaks.

EDIT: Went in to test it out again... and I can't even get extra heat from tapping anymore either. Maybe they took that out. Still, no heat for rock, just a little after breaking ore.

ummmm ok. when i was testing out some more of the heat sources like 4 or 5 days ago, I tried out the auger for a good 2 minutes, heat barely went up at all. Speak AtomicUs5000 as he is the one talking about this. I've done all the testing i need to do regarding heat and I have no intentions of going public with my findings as heat really does not interest me all that much as I had already reported directly to a tester a year ago regarding the broken heat during A17 or A17.1. :)

What is the point of your "testing" if you're not going to submit a proper bug report to fix a bug you "found"?

If you're not going to help, stop boasting.

What is the point of your "testing" if you're not going to submit a proper bug report to fix a bug you "found"? Sounds like another steaming load to me.

If you're not going to help, stop boasting.

Maybe if you stopped trying to bully and listen to anything I have said in the past you will know that I have stated a lot that i test because thats what i find fun in video games. Half the time i test for pure pleasure the other half the time i play a game as intended. Please leave me alone dude. I will not tell you again.

Oh...there is that beautiful little perk, Animal tracking. I would strongly recommend any new player to spend that 1 single point there.

I wouldnt. The first point is just small stuff like rabbits, and you have to crouch everytime. The only time it is somewhat useful is when you are in an area thats cluttered with stuff (so no visability) or in between hills. The area of effect is rather small too.

I have it up to spotting deer etc , and it never helped me since by that time I have a bicycle or even minibike and theres no point in jumping off these and start crouching for a few seconds. You can just circle around way,way faster.

If they would make it that you can auto-spot animals while riding, it would be much more useful. It might sounds OP but once again, its only useful in areas where you cant see much. If you keep your eyes open in the more open areas you can spot animals much faster visually.

True... well still not entirely. I tested with rock, and no heat... but yeah, hitting ore will give a tiny bit after it breaks.

EDIT: Went in to test it out again... and I can't even get extra heat from tapping anymore either. Maybe they took that out. Still, no heat for rock, just a little after breaking ore.

Seems the auger is not making any hit sounds anymore in A18. The pickaxe produces heat on striking metal per hit, auger only when it breaks a piece of metal. Would need to break a load of those (since its 0.05 per break) to get a screamer. Seems pretty hard to do, unless there is more heat produced than what shows up. I have not always had heat show up correctly with the meter, but other heat effects seem to work so probably is not to much it makes anymore.

Edit: Same is true for the chainsaw. The sound.xml says it should generate heat from starting at least, but it does not even do that.

Is there any way to get rotten flesh except the gore piles on street or the vultures or loot ?

In my MP Server it has got really rare - maybe i should go to desert and hurt myself under 90% health and wait for vultures ?

Without them i cannot make more plant boxes, since harvesting the POI ones does not give you rotten flesh back now.

Is there any way to get rotten flesh except the gore piles on street or the vultures or loot ?

In my MP Server it has got really rare - maybe i should go to desert and hurt myself under 90% health and wait for vultures ?

Without them i cannot make more plant boxes.

Zombie dogs and zombie bears work too.

Take a scenic holiday in the wasteland ;)

Seems the auger is not making any hit sounds anymore in A18. The pickaxe produces heat on striking metal per hit, auger only when it breaks a piece of metal. Would need to break a load of those (since its 0.05 per break) to get a screamer. Seems pretty hard to do, unless there is more heat produced than what shows up. I have not always had heat show up correctly with the meter, but other heat effects seem to work so probably is not to much it makes anymore.

Right... it would be really hard to do unless you had a really big vertical deposit in a chunk I guess. It certainly would be a rarity.

If I had to guess, I would say that wherever they were mining, they had a torch or two nearby and with the current problem with those causing screamers so frequently, it was probably assumed to be the auger's fault.

Without them i cannot make more plant boxes, since harvesting the POI ones does not give you rotten flesh back now.

I can recommend cycling/driving through the desert and hit them with a spear (I used an iron one), its childplay, they can not get close and you bump them back, and 2 hits kills them. Easy meat, I killed like 12 in 1 trip, I never got hit once and you dont waste any ammo.

Right... it would be really hard to do unless you had a really big vertical deposit in a chunk I guess. It certainly would be a rarity.

If I had to guess, I would say that wherever they were mining, they had a torch or two nearby and with the current problem with those causing screamers so frequently, it was probably assumed to be the auger's fault.

Yeah was thinking the same. Seems the auger and chainsaw might actually be broken in not producing ANY kind of hit sound ever. The thing Should generate some heat, comparable to at least a campfire in my opinion.

Archived