Sign in to follow this  
madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Arrows have twice as much penetration....

Lol, am concerned about DaVega and Snowdogs` silence at this time.

And I prefer melee :brushteeth:

The knife harvesting is hilarious.

giphy.gif

Hahaha, harvesting animals totally feels like that now.......I wonder what flurry of blows feels like now? Hahaha

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

I'm not for or against weapon jamming / misfires but if it is added, then maybe a simple reload could unjam it. You would of course lose one round for each time it happens. To me that makes sense since you're crafting handmade rounds.

forgot 2 mention: thats how its handled in stalker. we could extend the reload animation in that case 4 increased immersion/WTF-moments.

Hahaha, harvesting animals totally feels like that now.......I wonder what flurry of bows feels like now? Hahaha

giphy.gif

Noticing screamers are homing in on my location when I am out and about like casual zombies, not sure intentional but its different.

Also I assembled walls and a door on top of a POI though by accidental adverse effect that they do not sit level with whats below consequently I have now a great ankle buster slit to shoot through.. :)

20191024203650-1.jpg

Hopefully more like...

f06cboa.gif

When he hits the last guy (that went for a fly) is he laughing or it's just me?

• Like 1

The new update feels a lot smoother. I didn't see any mention of optimisation improvements, but something was fixed, for sure.

The Jack o lanterns look AMAZING now that thier lights are fixed! (I just hope they are always around, not just a seasonal thing that gets pulled.l

My goal is to put one at every house in a city...lol!

is this dev diary a gif diary? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Do we know the lore behind why the 7th day is a blood moon horde?

i have my own idea for it but its not in game. :(

The knife harvesting is hilarious.

giphy.gif

Haha so true :D Everytime I harvest an animal I feel like a psycho killer...

giphy.gif

Tier one piece of wood. Breaks too easily. And the nun is not perked into clubs or any melee related profession.

With the current balance the game has going right now I dont think degredation would add much to the default experience (60 min days). Would be a great mod though for vets or those who play longer day games.

I think gun jamming could be interesting if the current repair system is too dull. It would just have to be done in a way that is not overly punishing.

As a player I'd be more frustrated with gun jamming than I would be with degradation, because at least there's an "out" for degredation.

As a player I'd be more frustrated with gun jamming than I would be with degradation, because at least there's an "out" for degredation.

Jamming in the sense of having to click the reload button loosing some time, not disabling the gun.

I've got a one-or-two-notches-down-from-that rig and don't have those problems. The fps-okay-for-a-while-then-plummets symptom sounds an awful lot like thermal throttling. Maybe outdated drivers. Something's wrong.

Try backing off to 720p, it scales up nicely to 1080p for me, with these settings (i've switched to ultra trees since). With that nicer gpu you can probably do full textures and 1080p but they're not that much nicer for me, they don't carry their freight. The reflections and SSAO make a huge difference in lighting quality, nightttime is just not right without them. do `gfx af 2` on the console for now until they fix the defaults, 4 is a little nicer and some slower but 0 is uuuuu glY.

gfx af is not the anisotropic level. It is only 0, 1 or 2. 0 being disabled. 1 enabled (uses texture's value). 2 is force enable, which is making AF maxed on every texture.

I'm playing while a Texas thunderstorm (no lightning this time) happens outside. It makes a nice ambiance for the game. :)