Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Roland, is it your birthday? If so, happy birthday! It's my birthday. 35 years old today. I've had a go on 7DTD and now I'm in the pub enjoying a cold beer.

I'd say its a bit early for that isn't it, but when you said pub I figured you were an Englishman, so drink up and enjoy your Bday. If not its your Birthday so have at it lol.

I like the cowboy 6 shooter guy and his love story they brought in, but the rest is kind of meh, but TWD is still worse than that because I don't buy the whole skin walkers people bs. They would be zero threat to the communities with walls, supplies, etc. Its like an army vs a few angry peasants outside castle walls. What are they going to do? They aren't a credible threat. Then they like to drag the story out now to 2-3 seasons per antagonist. Back in the day it was one season and it was better.

I don't know how they're portrayed in the TV show, but in the comics they have a very large army of walkers that they have managed to find a way to control and direct. Definitely a real threat.

I'd say its a bit early for that isn't it, but when you said pub I figured you were an Englishman, so drink up and enjoy your Bday. If not its your Birthday so have at it lol.

Ah, my first direct response from MadMole (I think). Yes, I'm English. Yes, I'm enjoying my birthday. Thank you. I love your game. I'm soon to play it (zombies off) with my 5 year old son who loves the building aspect of the game, you've given us a gift with this game.

Madmole, my steel pickaxe (lvl 5, fully modded) had 131 block damage before patch and now is 112 (at M69er 4/5 I was destroying 500 hp rocks in 2 hits, now I need 3...spent my last 5 points to get M69er 5/5, but still 3 hits). There is no mention about changes in changelog, so is this intended?

DPS is the same, should be in patch notes. I thought the mining felt cooler swinging the tool faster but to those wanting to one shot or two shot I imagine it would feel like a step back, but in the grand scheme of things the amount of ore you pull will be the same. We're still tuning things I didn't think of this use case.

Sorry but what is AF?.

anisotropic filtering

----------------------

just found this in the xml

<!--	<item_modifier name="[b][color="#FFFF00"]modGunBoreYouToDeath[/color][/b]" installable_tags="pistol,smg" modifier_tags="barrelAttachment" type="attachment">
	<property name="UnlockedBy" value="modGunBoreYouToDeathSchematic"/>
	<property name="Stacknumber" value="1"/> <property name="Group" value="Mods"/>
	<property name="DropMeshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sack_droppedPrefab.prefab"/>
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="partsPistol_barrel"/>

<effect_group tiered="false">
	</effect_group>
	<property name="PickupJournalEntry" value="augmentGunsTip"/>
</item_modifier>
[b][color="#FFFF00"]Use 762 ammo in smaller caliber guns. 98% chance for the gun to explode on firing because that's 7-8x as much energy[/color][/b].-->

legendary mods confirmed? :tickled_pink:

I like the cowboy 6 shooter guy and his love story they brought in, but the rest is kind of meh, but TWD is still worse than that because I don't buy the whole skin walkers people bs. They would be zero threat to the communities with walls, supplies, etc. Its like an army vs a few angry peasants outside castle walls. What are they going to do? They aren't a credible threat. Then they like to drag the story out now to 2-3 seasons per antagonist. Back in the day it was one season and it was better.
they commanded a giant heard in the 1000's that they can unleash anytime on the settlements.

Sometimes when I walk up to a bicycle, my character trips over it like a drunken Curly Howard. Takes a solid 3-5 seconds to recover and I take damage-both to my character and to myself from falling over in laughter. I don't know if this is a bug or not (so I haven't reported it) but if it is, I hope to God, Buddha, Shiva, Hachiman, Shamash--pick a god, I don't care--that it's one of those bugs that gets branded as a feature. If this has been brought up before, my apologies.

Its a feature, I think your bike is still moving.

Ah, my first direct response from MadMole (I think). Yes, I'm English. Yes, I'm enjoying my birthday. Thank you. I love your game. I'm soon to play it (zombies off) with my 5 year old son who loves the building aspect of the game, you've given us a gift with this game.

i got no one to play with. i tried to get my brother to play but he said the game was broken :/.

Agreed, not a huge fan of the whisperers. Now that they've basically got to the end of the comic, I'm curious to see where the show goes.

You're right though, John Dorie might be the best the character on Fear. I do like the trucker's quest for beer too because priorities!

At first the whisperers seemed awesome, I thought they were an evolved zombie showing some kind of intelligence but when they were dudes in zombie masks I was like pffft, dumb. It would have been more interesting if after feeding enough times they regain some intelligence and have sympathy for their fellow zombie brethren and hatred towards humans for not "understanding" etc. Having the zombies be a true antagonist again would be more interesting IMO.

That is awesome. Happy Birthday again!

Madmole, what kind of attribute build are you going for in your current game?

I'm doing a fortitude build, mainly because I am playing with nightmare speed zombies and 16 alive. I am struggling for food I have no idea why. I'd reason those first few days not being able to get anywhere or loot anything set me back. Spending days looking for antibiotics instead of stocking up on easy quest (dig for food and cash in on rewards) is a huge game changer. Wasting ammo on regular zombies sprinting at me I'd normally flatten with melee is huge changer too.

Mining a lot lately and base building has kept me not moving enough that my meat supply ran dry. I'm broke too. Very challenging game now with a few tweaks.

At first the whisperers seemed awesome, I thought they were an evolved zombie showing some kind of intelligence but when they were dudes in zombie masks I was like pffft, dumb. It would have been more interesting if after feeding enough times they regain some intelligence and have sympathy for their fellow zombie brethren and hatred towards humans for not "understanding" etc. Having the zombies be a true antagonist again would be more interesting IMO.

They tried to make you think they were evolved zombies by planting a couple false hints... but when I found out they were just people, I was so disappointed. By that point, the show was already leaning too heavily on interactions between people and drama. At one time they presented this concept that people are more dangerous than zombies, and it was good and interesting... but we get it already. When they were in the prison, you really had a sense of how bad things were. At what point did they decide to stop locking themselves up to go to sleep in case they died for any reason? Every single person you are with is a danger to your own safety.

so i thought it would be a good idea 2 harvest some cartons below a gas barrel, which was surrounded by (u guess it) more gas barrels.

155hp, full military armor + armor plates and 60 days alive VS mind blowing stupidity

3e8p76.jpg

btw, did u increase death penalty? i was about 1/3 - 1/2 on the progress bar. now im in the red.

There are lots of dense areas, but boosting it more would destroy FPS.

Confirmed. Planted an industrial-sized grove of trees in an otherwise tree-poor area in the last exp. build and a few days later went back near them. It was about mid-day. I think it might have been partly due to calculating all the shadows but FPS dropped dramatically at first then flip-flopped from >1 FPS to 30ish for a couple minutes. Good thing it was just me and the trees in the area. A single zombie would have had its way with me. Smoothed out after a bit, maybe from shadow positions shifting? Still wasn't up to my usual FPS comfort level so I chopped a few dozen down and it got better. I suppose I could have simply turned shadows off and seen how that went but I do like how the game looks a lot...

btw, did u increase death penalty? i was about 1/3 - 1/2 on the progress bar. now im in the red.

you have to continue doing whatever grants xp to get back into the blue... but... you also have to avoid dying as it may lower it some more which may be why it increased.

afaik, it wasnt changed.

Archived