Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

More feather nests in latest alpha, yay.

Also found blunderbus and ammo from loot which was a first.

Honey is less prevalent in stumps which now adds some panic to infection

Performance seems to get better and better

i still think there should be bee hives in the game still. cuz from a noob perspective it more sense took look in a beehive for honey. then a tree stump.

hell idk you could get honey from stumps until now

Yeah, it wasn't literal. I was just taking a stab at that it's not doing so well.

I still have to get caught up on Fear. I don't like the characters as much, but in my opinion, the survival or at least the attempt to survive is smarter. It's also nice to see things happening in a few different locations. TWD is like stuck in the forest biome on a 16k map.

It really doesn't make any sense either, all of a sudden they are "good guys trying to help people", and the antagonist is another group of "good guys trying to help people", and there is an elite group of helicopter people who are also "good guys trying to help people". IMO there should at least be a raider faction.

i still think there should be bee hives in the game still. cuz from a noob perspective it more sense took look in a beehive for honey. then a tree stump.

hell idk you could get honey from stumps until now

You can get honey if you use a wrench on a living bear as long as you are stealthy.

Ugh, no.... Fear was excellent in season 4. It really regressed, IMO, in season 5.

I like the cowboy 6 shooter guy and his love story they brought in, but the rest is kind of meh, but TWD is still worse than that because I don't buy the whole skin walkers people bs. They would be zero threat to the communities with walls, supplies, etc. Its like an army vs a few angry peasants outside castle walls. What are they going to do? They aren't a credible threat. Then they like to drag the story out now to 2-3 seasons per antagonist. Back in the day it was one season and it was better.

brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. nother. mother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother.

Somehow I had a suspicion you would show your face lol.

brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. nother. mother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother. brother.

Hulk hogan?

Well, this sucks. I was in the middle of horde night when my PSU had a power surge, which never happened before. After reconnecting all my wires I start up the game only to find my save got corrupted =( . It reads A 0.0 and broke the game so bad I can't even delete the file or click anything. So after Alt-4ing I try to verify the files. Didn't work. I uninstalled and am reinstalling the game as I write this. Hope this works.

Too bad, I had big plans for my base; even cataloging it along the way. RIP didn't even get a chance to paint it :upset:

Screenshot-61.png

Screenshot-63.png

Screenshot-65.png

Screenshot-66.png

Screenshot-67.png

Thats cool

Sometimes when I walk up to a bicycle, my character trips over it like a drunken Curly Howard. Takes a solid 3-5 seconds to recover and I take damage-both to my character and to myself from falling over in laughter. I don't know if this is a bug or not (so I haven't reported it) but if it is, I hope to God, Buddha, Shiva, Hachiman, Shamash--pick a god, I don't care--that it's one of those bugs that gets branded as a feature. If this has been brought up before, my apologies.

This usually happens when the bike falls over against you. Apparently the game considers you to be 'run over' by the bike there.

Also I understand if you pick one god, the others tend to dislike you for it, so I'll pass on that one.

I like the cowboy 6 shooter guy and his love story they brought in, but the rest is kind of meh, but TWD is still worse than that because I don't buy the whole skin walkers people bs. They would be zero threat to the communities with walls, supplies, etc. Its like an army vs a few angry peasants outside castle walls. What are they going to do? They aren't a credible threat. Then they like to drag the story out now to 2-3 seasons per antagonist. Back in the day it was one season and it was better.

Agreed, not a huge fan of the whisperers. Now that they've basically got to the end of the comic, I'm curious to see where the show goes.

You're right though, John Dorie might be the best the character on Fear. I do like the trucker's quest for beer too because priorities!

i like a radiation idea but i think it could be cools if some water sources were "contaminated" they would have a red tint and if you drink it could get infected as fast!

Murky water already has a chance at poisoning u. 😅

- - - Updated - - -

Happy birthday! Thanks to all well wishers. Don’t make me purge this thread.... ;)

Happy birthday, hope you have a fantastic day!

Edit: scorpio? My bday is this saturday. *fist bump*

You’re the boss I respect your decision. A18 is amazing. I just think the A17 mod slot system was better. You want people to experiment with mods right out the gate? Fine T1 and T2 have a mod slot.

Or have a Chance you find an item where it has an additional mod slot. Idk. Or we can craft a mod slot onto an item but it’s resource heavy. It does feel like the moding that was introduced in A17 has been dialed back in A18. I’ll get used to it no worries.

The point I was making about “named/legendary” items not having mod slots is that they are super rare, unique, and powerful in their own right. They should be moded because then they become ridiculous. My main point about “named/legendary” items once they come I hope there are quite a few that are all robust and truly unique. But at the same time they are super rare and can only be obtained from looting. LL and lucky googles have no affect on getting one and the drop rare is .01% like I should not get all legendary items in any one play through.

Keep grinding as always. Super excited for what comes next!

Number of mods were dialed back because they STILL add damage, and we added random stats so item damages vary a ton, to avoid going into severe OP land we had to nerf the number of mods, plus we want some player choice. I'll take everything please... isn't a choice.

Number of mods were dialed back because they STILL add damage, and we added random stats so item damages vary a ton, to avoid going into severe OP land we had to nerf the number of mods, plus we want some player choice. I'll take everything please... isn't a choice.

Wait they still add a dmg bonus? It all makes sense now....sorry was thinking of something from another thread...😅

Heyyy ty for finally releasing A18; having a lot of fun in a pvp server. Question, is barbed wire gone/missing? Can't seem to find in on the search bar in game, and am almost certain I got a schematic for it

There is only one type now. The flat sheet type was removed.

Heyyy ty for finally releasing A18; having a lot of fun in a pvp server. Question, is barbed wire gone/missing? Can't seem to find in on the search bar in game, and am almost certain I got a schematic for it

I think the schematic you found is for the club or baseball bat.

Archived