Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

What I would really like to see, is a type of "Threat Map", that influences how dangerous a certain part of the gameworld is (and how high the loot quality is then also).

With such a map, it would be possible to separate the world into more and less dangerous regions.

For example having city centers and military location to be really dangerous, while the suburbs and rural houses are less threatening.

This gives the player an incentive to gear up for more dangerous locations, while allowing to retreat to less dangerous locations at low levels.

It would give the world more structure in terms of thinking where to head next, and what areas to avoid.

Just started a new world. Adventurer difficulty to start off with, 12 enemy blood moon count, 90 minute days. 3 day blood moon frequency, 10 day blood moon range. This should be... interesting. :)

(Really wishing there was a blood moon frequency of 5, but oh well. *Wink wink, nudge nudge, Fun Pimps?*)

Edit: Spawned in the snow biome. Oh boy...

Odetta, damn shame, that looked awesome. :( & PS don't heal, so return that sucker while there's warrenty.

Is it Rolands BD? Happy bday! if so Roland. You're one step closer to being a DeVega &/or, Snowdog ... or both. :lol::faint2:

Don't worry though, as long as you take up Drinking and Bacon you'll live long enough to graduate to "Grumpy Old Man", and that's the real reward!

Can anyone please tell me why I found a hubcap land mine in the middle of the snow biome in a small pond? Anyone? This thing almost killed me just now.

https://imgur.com/7aIVGBP

Yeah, there have been hubcaps in the rivers for quite a while. It's a real pants-soiler when you dip your head under and find yourself over one.

Haven't triggered one yet, so don't know if they're armed or just hubcaps.

TFW you spend 700 dukes on 2 air conditioners at the trader, each, then get home to wrench them and only one drops a radiator!(why I bought them).

As a small tweak to the next update could you make them always drop one, like the radiators do? That's a lot to spend for nothin, and radiators are a hot commodity these days. I get excited when I get a quest at a POI with radiators just so I can double tap them, ha. I spent all day yesterday going to every house in Diersvill purely on a radiator sweep. Brass is the new gold.

Are you sure it wasn't an Amazon Trader? (Did you see my Amazon $1300 to $400 video card post?) ; - )

Day 1. As stated before, Adventurer difficulty, 90 minute days, 3 day blood moon frequency, 7 day blood moon count. Spawning on the edge of the snow biome caused no issues with mountain lions, but there were a few lumberjacks to contend with. I managed to kill 2 deer and a buck before reaching the green biome, where I found the trader (bordering the snow biome and the forest biome) without even finishing the starter quests. The green space ahead is nice and flat, with a town less than 700 meters away from the trader. I settled in between the trader and the town, near a Dump N' Lump Coal Mine POI that I found, which provides a pre-built mineshaft. As I'm building my house in the dead of night, I just got dysentery, which is less than ideal, but thankfully I found a couple meat stews and a Sham Chowder early on. When the morning bell chimes, I'll check the trader for quests, and if he has no decent ones within a respectable distance, then I'll solely explore the town on day 2. I fear a day 3 or 4 blood moon horde.

For the texture right at and in the water. Maybe a brighter sand or gravel texture would look nicer than this muddy dark texture.

The shorelines of lakes always look like sewage pools. With some nice sand or gravel texture, it would look more inviting. Also when looking into the water.

Just started a new world. Adventurer difficulty to start off with, 12 enemy blood moon count, 90 minute days. 3 day blood moon frequency, 10 day blood moon range. This should be... interesting. :)

(Really wishing there was a blood moon frequency of 5, but oh well. *Wink wink, nudge nudge, Fun Pimps?*)

Edit: Spawned in the snow biome. Oh boy...

Yeah snow biome is no joke but I refuse to yield. Still on my first playthrough. Day 17. Electric upgrades are up, only thing missing now are a few engines for my generator. Time to go car scavenging. Hopefully I find a few before the day 21 horde....😅

On my new RWG map, There is like nearly dried up lake beds in the desert. Or at least that is what it looks like, only 1 block deep water in the middle and then some separated splotches of water. Looks kinda funny though with the way water is, I wonder if that is intentional

It cannot be done at a quality level we would be happy with. We're probably going to make new radiated zombies for later game that aren't glowing sea dudes so that will add more variety. The problem is everything is too bright. If you look at this image no single zombie stands out. We need to cake every zombie with dirt and blood and desaturate their clothing.

https://img.cinemablend.com/cb/3/1/6/6/2/e/31662ef39527aae5b38e226ae539444a958912a80e569c2adfb5163729c31e97.jpg

When we remaster zombies we could add extra pieces to the model that can be disabled when building the prefab to make someone look a bit different. Hair, missing limb, etc.

I think having a (small) random variation on zombies height could help a bit, and having their walktype randomized would be great for variation.

(Played a A15mod where all zombies could have any walktype (even crawling), and that really spiced it up not being able to immidately discern what was coming from the walktype)

yeah, its in the desert. they dont grow any bigger here or just a bug?

Can't say definitively for A18 but pretty sure it was intended for A16 & A17.

Can't swear to it but I think back in maybe A14 or A15 if you placed Forest soil down in a desert biome then planted Pine/Oak tree it would grow to 1200... but I may be thinking of the grasslands?

Either way I'm almost certain that trick didn't work in A16 or A17.

Archived