Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Here's a question - Do you want/need any community brainstorming on specific features to work on? POI ideas, Zombie skins, animals in-game, weather effects, or...? I'd love to know that I am helping make a better game vs. just asking for more features, etc.

So, Pimp guys...Do you want any specific help or would you rather we just wait for what you are presenting and enjoy it?

Here's a question - Do you want/need any community brainstorming on specific features to work on? POI ideas, Zombie skins, animals in-game, weather effects, or...? I'd love to know that I am helping make a better game vs. just asking for more features, etc.

So, Pimp guys...Do you want any specific help or would you rather we just wait for what you are presenting and enjoy it?

Sure, should hammer and forge even be a perk any more? Half the things it does now are moved to the other perks, like if you want to craft a faulty iron tool you need to have miner 69'r rank 1. To craft faulty light armor you need light armor's first rank. Before these were under hammer and forge and I'm trying to decide how to add 5 ranks to it now that its been gutted.

Right now all that it has left is

rank 1Craft a forge

rank 3 Craft a crucible and steel ingots

Possibly tier 5: craft mechanical parts

Sure, should hammer and forge even be a perk any more? Half the things it does now are moved to the other perks, like if you want to craft a faulty iron tool you need to have miner 69'r rank 1. To craft faulty light armor you need light armor's first rank. Before these were under hammer and forge and I'm trying to decide how to add 5 ranks to it now that its been gutted.

rank 1Craft a forge

It has to be crafting recipes per rank only? if not, maybe Rank 2 Crude Iron melts for 6 or 7 iron in the forge instead of 5 (I don't know if that could be modified)

Rank 4 Craft mechanical parts

Rank 5 The max tier of craftable tools goes up 1 lvl? (It has to be powerfull, cause you have to spend a lot of skill points)

EDIT: I don't know if all that spent points on reaching rank 5 of the skill to craft a Tool and die set worth it

rank 1Craft a forge

R1- Craft a Forge

R2- Smelting is 15% Faster and Unlock an Extra Smelting Slot

R3- Craft a Crucible and Steel Ingots

R4- The Forge Now Generates 80% Less Heat

R5- Smelting is 30% Faster and Unlock an Extra Smelting Slot

At rank 5 you'd be a factory owner. You'd be in charge of creating materials in MP for base defence and keeping your friends gear in top shape. You'd also be in charge of creating materials like concrete for massive builds. Think multiple forges pumping away at peak efficiency.

rank 1Craft a forge

Rank 2: Ability to make glass

Rank 4: Ability to craft complex metal shapes

The ability to craft/work with more complex metals like brass (copper and zinc), Purify lead to make better bullets (can only make lower grade lead until level 4 unlocked), unlock crafting coal, higher grade Stainless steel vs. standard steel

Another option would be to restructure the perk system to allow for crafting more complex shapes

Rank 1 - Craft basic shapes (basic ramp and block)

Rank 2 - Craft moderate shapes (wedge blocks, stairs)

Rank 3 - Craft advanced metal shapes

Rank 4 - Craft parts to make working stoves/plumbing

Rank 5 - Craft gun parts

Just throwing out some ideas (without fully knowing the next perk system being designed).

Rank 2: Ability to make glass

Rank 4: Ability to craft complex metal shapes

The ability to craft/work with more complex metals like brass (copper and zinc), Purify lead to make better bullets (can only make lower grade lead until level 4 unlocked), unlock crafting coal, higher grade Stainless steel vs. standard steel

Another option would be to restructure the perk system to allow for crafting more complex shapes

Rank 1 - Craft basic shapes (basic ramp and block)

Rank 2 - Craft moderate shapes (wedge blocks, stairs)

Rank 3 - Craft advanced metal shapes

Rank 4 - Craft parts to make working stoves/plumbing

Rank 5 - Craft gun parts

Just throwing out some ideas (without fully knowing the next perk system being designed).

I would like to see some Builder Class skills too

There is a chance, just not right away.

Actually, you can bomb using Molotovs right now. While in flight, open your inventory, pick up a stack of Molotovs, and then Right click outside the inventory window to drop them one at a time. Or you can select any item in the inventory and hit the 'D' drop command and it will drop if you want to dump supplies to someone.

Only drawback is that you have to be quick at it. Gyro's don't fly long without keeping the momentum up ;)

Where is roland?

I contributed the bellows. I’m done.

I like Odetta’s train of thought. The perk tree makes the forge itself more powerful and efficient.

R1- Craft a Forge

At rank 5 you'd be a factory owner. You'd be in charge of creating materials in MP for base defence and keeping your friends gear in top shape. You'd also be in charge of creating materials like concrete for massive builds. Think multiple forges pumping away at peak efficiency.

+1

I contributed the bellows. I’m done.

I like Odetta’s train of thought. The perk tree makes the forge itself more powerful and efficient.

+1

I like it too, but rank 4 is way too overpowered IMO.

Heat is the way to Not being safe (in a standard base) once you reach that level of material production

R1- Craft a Forge

But those bonuses (less heat, faster crafting) are for the person who started the crafting process? Or who built the forge? Or how? I think we need to think of it for multiplayer too, but it might be difficult.

R1- Craft a Forge

I like the idea of this. It just focuses on the forge to make it better. Totally optional, as without any perks in it you're the same as you are now. But if you wanna throw some points in it, it can be real helpful. I think the 80% heat reduction is a bit too much though. I like the idea of extra slots, but I would also like if maybe you could either unlock a better forge or if the material capacity for the regular forge would get boosted at maybe level 4 or 5.

R1- Craft a Forge

This is getting closer. I was thinking that R3 unlocks an industrial forge which is required for steel and has faster crafting and more slots, way faster smelting and larger smelting reservoir, required electricity and did not make smell

Archived