Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

What happens when you try to place a block there? Does it not let you, or does it place the block but it gets destroyed?

It doesn't let me place anything there. There's a 1x1 by 5 block area where I can't place anything. (For reference, look at the 2nd image above.) It really sucks because that is where my wall was going to go. :/

I concur. Roland would never troll anyone. It's a common misconception to mistake Roland for the other guy - Trolland. That guy all he does it troll. Not Roland, though. In fact, I purposively died on a horde night just to harvest hubcap mines with a wrench, and I now have exactly 1337 landmines to get revenge.

All this talk of hubcap harvesting is ridiculous.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Everybody knows you need to stand on the landmine and whilst the pressure plate is still depressed you then have your friend quickly use HIS wrench on it AND ONLY THEN.

Your friend needs to wrench it really fast though, so its a good idea if they are standing very close to avoid any untimely events that could become a hindrance to your (and possibly their) health.

It doesn't let me place anything there. There's a 1x1 by 5 block area where I can't place anything. (For reference, look at the 2nd image above.) It really sucks because that is where my wall was going to go. :/

I've noticed in some rare times it seems like I hit an invisible ... tiny block... in the world. Try destroying the terrain block and replacing it?

All this talk of hubcap harvesting is ridiculous.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Everybody knows you need to stand on the landmine and whilst the pressure plate is still depressed you then have your friend quickly use HIS wrench on it AND ONLY THEN.

Your friend needs to wrench it really fast though, so its a good idea if they are standing very close to avoid any untimely events that could become a hindrance to your (and possibly their) health.

Ah duh. Makes sense. Pushing the trigger pin down enables the wrench-slot to open, allowing one to wrench the slot which discombobulates the zamboniator, disarming the mine. US Army 101 for disarming landmines.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried that. (And it's 5 blocks tall.) Everything just floats around it.

Maybe turn off physics for a moment and try? perhaps run memclear (or memcl) and the... stability checker from console? mayhaps the dev terrain removal or add tool will help. They're in the CM window (click the building thingy icon for the dev section) and try one of those tools.

Def add this to a bug report in the bug section tho, I've noticed these invisible blocks but never could pinpoint them.

Ah duh. Makes sense. Pushing the trigger pin down enables the wrench-slot to open, allowing one to wrench the slot which discombobulates the zamboniator, disarming the mine. US Army 101 for disarming landmines.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe turn off physics for a moment and try? perhaps run memclear (or memcl) and the... stability checker from console? mayhaps the dev terrain removal or add tool will help. They're in the CM window (click the building thingy icon for the dev section) and try one of those tools.

Def add this to a bug report in the bug section tho, I've noticed these invisible blocks but never could pinpoint them.

Turning off physics worked. Thank you so much. :D

What did Madmole say that he was going to do with biomes in Alpha 19?

He didn't. He merely stated that for now we have the biome configuration that we have with random rotation and that they would be further developing RWG and biomes in A19. No details. I'm sure he'll elaborate when that thread opens.

I totally agree with that, I hate too the XP counter. But it's necessary for now. Without it you would have a thousend posts to explain how mining or building is worthless. XP counter stops the whinning. It's good for now. IF - note the caps - it's still there when the game goes gold, I'll join your team. Hope you've beers.

Nothing stops the whining. :). But yeh hoping it goes away in gold too, just not as optimistic as you.

Madmole also said he likes the large biomes and dislikes the small ones...

Personally I think they're far too large now. Not enough variety.

Personally I think that the snow, forest and desert biomes should be the default ones with the map started off being divided between the 3. Then the roads and cities/towns are generated with 2 or 3 of the largest cities being 'bomb targets' meaning the area around the city is changed to wasteland, maybe 1 to 1.5Km across with another 1KM of burnt forest around that. Then a couple other towns would be also in the burnt forest to add a few more pockets of ruin.

If I knew anything about writing terrain generation code, I would probably try and put something together but alas...

Archived