Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

@madmole

are farmingplots the only way to place seeds or can still use the hoe to make farmingland outside our base.Is the hoe now useless???i wish we can have both plots for inside a base with farming-lights and for outside the good old farmingland with fertelizer.

greetings

You need 20 gold bars to make a hoe. After that, surviving is a joke.

Tables in some houses look like this :

20191017220251-1.jpg

That correct ?

Also, wouldn't it be a good idea when weapons and tools degrade that the overall damage should decrease a little bit to give us an incentive to repair ?

At the moment it makes no difference with a fully repaired item to an item that is almost broken.

I find stuff and just use it till its almost broken or I find another one and so far I have not needed once to craft anything... :apathy:

Tables in some houses look like this :

20191017220251-1.jpg

That correct ?

Also, wouldn't it be a good idea when weapons and tools degrade that the overall damage should decrease a little bit to give us an incentive to repair ?

At the moment it makes no difference with a fully repaired item to an item that is almost broken.

I find stuff and just use it till its almost broken or I find another one and so far I have not needed once to craft anything... :apathy:

I think it just represents a table that was flipped over by a zombie or something.

There are already a few pretty good incentives to repair an item.

1) If the random stats are better than the stats of the items you usually find, you obviously want to keep that specific item and you will repair it. If you are not repairing, this either means you have been lucky to always find better items or you are ignoring the stats of the items.

2) Repaired items will sell for more dukes.

3) It's good to have a working spare of everything.

Ok so I tested torches again for my guide. For anyone wondering, yes its still broke so torches give off no heat.

Yes they do but there is a catch. If you spawn them in via cheat menu it appears they never produce heat. So instead you have to craft them then run your test this way. It take a good while for them to start producing said heat though so it will appear they are bugged. I had to spend irl hours to test my dumb little modlet that makes it so torch and candle blocks produce no heat.

It took a long time to produce heat but once they did It was a lot (50 Torches on a new chunk).

Yes they do but there is a catch. If you spawn them in via cheat menu it appears they never produce heat. So instead you have to craft them then run your test this way. It take a good while for them to start producing said heat though so it will appear they are bugged. I had to spend irl hours to test my dumb little modlet that makes it so torch and candle blocks produce no heat.

It took a long time to produce heat but once they did It was a lot (50 Torches on a new chunk).

No wonder so many videos on this subject are wrong!

Roland is trolling. I have a higher post count so I am right. You use a hammer to pry the mine, not a wrench.

Guppy, stop trolling. It only works if you have the salvaging perk lvl 5 and a q6 hammer. I have 4k posts, I know what I'm talking about...

Thank you... I wonder why cheating them in produces no heat thats weird. I tested other things and they all worked. I never would have guessed only cheated in torches are broken. well gotta delete my report. :)

Edit: yeah today i sat there for about 45 minutes. yesterday when i tested it I tried 2 locations and waited about hour and half. Time wasted but thats expected when hunting. Some times the work and hours put in never amount to anything. =P

Hey MM,

After a quick run in the latest experimental, The 'arrow passing through head hitbox' is still a very real issue.

As I mentioned earlier, its not multiplayer latency as I am in singleplayer. I felt as though it could perhaps be the hitbox not keeping up with the animation, but I did not notice any dramatic movement of the heads in my test that could make this happen.

It's not an isolated incident, as it only took a very small amount of fights to notice it happening.

Whilst I am very understanding of the fact that arrows may fly anywhere within the external limits of the crosshair lines, this is not what I am talking about. I can actually see the arrow pass directly through the head of the target, and it can happens numerous times even at very close range where the entire crosshair is completely within the boundary of their head.

In the test I just did, It happened on the biker, the guy with the hoodie on, and also the farmer. It's definitely not limited to these zeds, these are just the few that I had it happen to in my short test. I imagine if I continued to play I would probably have it happen at some time or other to most (if not all) of them. I'm happy to continue 'for science' if you feel this is required, I can also get some shadowplay recordings and slow them right down in premiere to show this.

**gotta add, LOVING A18 though**

Roland is trolling. I have a higher post count so I am right. You use a hammer to pry the mine, not a wrench.

Look, I can respect your post count and agree that a hammer works on tins and cooking pots but for the hubcaps you need a wrench.

I think we can both agree that compared to us faatal is simply a noob at understanding the inner workings of this game.

Keep posting faatal.

You'll get there buddy....

Hey MM,

After a quick run in the latest experimental, The 'arrow passing through head hitbox' is still a very real issue.

As I mentioned earlier, its not multiplayer latency as I am in singleplayer. I felt as though it could perhaps be the hitbox not keeping up with the animation, but I did not notice any dramatic movement of the heads in my test that could make this happen.

It's not an isolated incident, as it only took a very small amount of fights to notice it happening.

Whilst I am very understanding of the fact that arrows may fly anywhere within the external limits of the crosshair lines, this is not what I am talking about. I can actually see the arrow pass directly through the head of the target, and it can happens numerous times even at very close range where the entire crosshair is completely within the boundary of their head.

In the test I just did, It happened on the biker, the guy with the hoodie on, and also the farmer. It's definitely not limited to these zeds, these are just the few that I had it happen to in my short test. I imagine if I continued to play I would probably have it happen at some time or other to most (if not all) of them. I'm happy to continue 'for science' if you feel this is required, I can also get some shadowplay recordings and slow them right down in premiere to show this.

**gotta add, LOVING A18 though**

You rolled a natural 1. Forget what you saw-- it was a hard miss.

Anyone else have technical coding related questions while faatal is away doing whatever meaningless stuff he does when he isn't posting?

/putting out fires since 1969

Look, I can respect your post count and agree that a hammer works on tins and cooking pots but for the hubcaps you need a wrench.

I think we can both agree that compared to us faatal is simply a noob at understanding the inner workings of this game.

Keep posting faatal.

You'll get there buddy....

I concur. Roland would never troll anyone. It's a common misconception to mistake Roland for the other guy - Trolland. That guy all he does it troll. Not Roland, though. In fact, I purposively died on a horde night just to harvest hubcap mines with a wrench, and I now have exactly 1337 landmines to get revenge.

on the matter of hit box. that shirtless grey bastard

from the side, arrow hits just fine on a head shot. from the front, around neck level, the arrow went right through, from 3 feet away...

but the biggest problem is with crossbow bolts, look at the pic below, is their collider to far apart on bolts?

https://imgur.com/hdZsLks

The hitbox thing, using a sledge I miss sometimes when it appears it will be a perfect hit. Seems maybe something with certain animations, like certain little time frames during the zombies swing animations or something, idk. I havent noticed it being any different on different zombies, maybe so.

Oh and when they fall on the ground, often what looks like a clean hit will just destroy the block underneath the zombie and ignore the zombie.

Edit: Actually, maybe it is hitting the zombie AND the block (part of the new swinging mechanic), hard to tell, there is not a lot of feedback when you hit with a sledge.

Anyone else have technical coding related questions while faatal is away doing whatever meaningless stuff he does when he isn't posting?

Yeah, I do. I'm attempting to program a script that calculates the speed of an unladen swallow, but I keep hitting an infinite loop of NULL returns :(

Oh, you meant in the game...

Yeah, I do. I'm attempting to program a script that calculates the speed of an unladen swallow, but I keep hitting an infinite loop of NULL returns :(

Oh, you meant in the game...

First of all it is an infinite loop of NICHT returns. Return with a shrubbery and I'll give you the secret.

Secondly....are we talking African or European swallows?

You rolled a natural 1. Forget what you saw-- it was a hard miss.

/putting out fires since 1969

Haha, Silly me, and here I was all along thinking I rolled a 20 using an ethereal arrow against some form of new ethereal zombie species.

I can't place a block in the middle there, at any height or depth. Has anyone else experienced this? Help Wanted.

What happens when you try to place a block there? Does it not let you, or does it place the block but it gets destroyed?

Edit: Oh nvm I see the red outline, u cant place it, idk then

First of all it is an infinite loop of NICHT returns. Return with a shrubbery and I'll give you the secret.

Secondly....are we talking African or European swallows?

Oh, silly me. Will a

return Shrubbery 

work?

And to answer your question, what difference does it make?!

Ah Monty Python <3

What happens when you try to place a block there? Does it not let you, or does it place the block but it gets destroyed?

It doesn't let me place anything there. There's a 1x1 by 5 block area where I can't place anything. (For reference, look at the 2nd image above.) It really sucks because that is where my wall was going to go. :/

Archived