Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

No. Nightmare speed is a setting for zombie run speed in your options. If you want you can now set up zombies to run faster than you when they run.

It is the 4 game settings for zombie speed in Basic settings. Change Walk and Sprint in those settings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29840[/ATTACH]

Yes I'm playing Nightmare settings but they're still slower than me, even the fast female runners I can run away from. So that's why I thought maybe they get faster as gs goes up?

Ryzen 5 3600 not good enough??

Update your BIOS, optimize Windows for performance. That's a good enough processor.

If your heart is beating faster, it's a good design :)

Edit : well, if your heart breaks maybe your family can do a trial to TFP, but it was a good design.

Haha indeed true. I admit I got the "in the zone" heart pounding at that moment when I landed and my AK broke shortly after.

Yes I'm playing Nightmare settings but they're still slower than me, even the fast female runners I can run away from. So that's why I thought maybe they get faster as gs goes up?

So just to be clear: There is Nightmare difficulty setting and then there is Nightmare speed settings. When you say you are playing nightmare you are talking about the speed settings and not the difficulty setting right?

EDIT: nevermind. I had a brain fart. Insane is what I was thinking....

So just to be clear: There is Nightmare difficulty setting and then there is Nightmare speed settings. When you say you are playing nightmare you are talking about the speed settings and not the difficulty setting right?

Wait there's a Nightmare difficulty setting? I thought Insane was the highest.

With only 2 GB VRAM, many of the full quality textures won't fit in VRAM, so the GPU is reading them from system RAM, which is much slower.

Hi faatal, thanks for the response. Does the snow/desert biomed have higher quality textures in them? Just curious, why the drops are specific to those areas and at weird intervals. Are you guys seeing that on your end as well or are those unconfirmed issues?

Feathers need a buff (finding more of them in nests) and I don't even like using the bows.

Compared to guns and ammo it seems like an unnecessary nerf.

I love that we can go guns blazing from the start but I know some users prefer the bows.

Vulture harvesting is not really viable unless you live in or are in close proximity to a desert.

Forget about using the bow on early game hordes too, just not enough arrows, even if you harvest vultures.

Edit: you also reduced the nests out in the wild, which is... insane when coupled with reduced feathers.

I have 120-130fps with a Gtx-1060-6gb...so....yeah (ultra settings, 1080p). Everything is possible.

That's even more bull♥♥♥♥

ftfy

------------------------------

whats the command 2 spawn in repair kits?

giveself repairKit doesnt work

Hmm. Tbh I'm not 100% sure, however you can try something like Nvidia Control Panel - Adjust desktop size and position - No scaling - perform scaling on/off : GPU. It could be that your GPU is scaling your resolution based on your desktop resolution because it's not native (the game) compared with your desktop. Worst case, you can simply change your desktop resolution to whatever you want it to be in-game, and it shouldn't mess with scaling then. Play around with it - if you break something, wait 30 seconds or so, if you don't click "Yes" to the "Keep these settings?" question it'll revert back. Even if you get a black screen saying unsupported settings or whatever.

My desktop is 1080p same as the game, but aspect ration scaling was checked. I unchecked it just in case, and I'll check to see if there are any performance changes.

Thats said, before I wiped that playthough I still did see the same slowdown after an hour or so, and did see the same slowdown others mentioned about the snow biome.

EDIT: nevermind. I had a brain fart. Insane is what I was thinking....

Yes I'm playing Insane difficulty and then for all 4 speed settings I put to Nightmare but I'm still faster than zombies. Business man zombie, cheerleader, putrid girl, etc they aren't catching up to me. Haven't got to any irradiated yet.

Edit: double checked i'm on A18 b149

My desktop is 1080p same as the game, but aspect ration scaling was checked. I unchecked it just in case, and I'll check to see if there are any performance changes.

Thats said, before I wiped that playthough I still did see the same slowdown after an hour or so, and did see the same slowdown others mentioned about the snow biome.

Yeah try that out and see. I'm not entirely up to par on scaling and all of that, but I know it's a thing lol. For game slowdown, I sometimes force a memory clear in the console (memclear...or memcl... one of the two lol). It's much quicker than it was previously (instantly really). That should help.

Ironically, snow biomes are better for me. Then again, I play on potato settings. Burnt biomes and desert are my killers. And in burnt biomes I'm fine except when huge hills/mountains are in my view.

Edit, for example on aspect and resolution being tied to performance, I prefer to run CSGO at 1080x724 @ 75hz (yeah shush im on my laptop). If I tell my video settings to not mess with anything and let the application do its thing (and I have a hotkey for switching to a profile that changes my desktop resolution to the one I want in game, could be a placebo) I get upwards of 100 - 160 fps depending on the map, if I have it the other way around I get between 90 - 100 fps -- a rather drastic reduction lol

Well I figured out how to reproduce the texture streaming bug, took 1 minute to figure it out. that was easy so it should be an easy find and fix for TFP.

20191017155749-1.jpgduplic.jpg20191017160528-1.jpg

EDIT: Not a repro, turns out whatever I did some how changed all my graphic settings to low...very weird first time that ever happen. Had to delete options out of registry to fix. Could not get above 25 fps after i broke the settings. now I'm back up to 50-60.

you kinda level up faster there too! even if your just hitting stones all day!

i had a steel pick and was getting stone's. and i hit around 10 or 15 rocks underground and got around 4000 Xp!

I don’t think that’s the mine Roland was referring to... 😉

I think archery is fine where it is. I haven’t had a need to find more feathers and with a bandolier mode the reload is pretty good.

That's fine.

I'm really more concerned with the balance when compared to guns. Adventurer (default) and below it's a little ok. At higher difficulties the imbalance is way more pronounced. It's just a numbers thing.

Yes. Archery lost its appeal this patch.

As an avid fan of using Bows and Stealth (Agility build), I find I am forced to play more conservatively with my arrows. Instead of finding two full stacks of Feathers in the first couple days, at least in SP I'm grabbing them where I can and harvesting the nests for the additional feathers (as well as plant fibers and cloth). I usually make about 50 Stone Arrows to start off, and then save all Feathers from that point onward for Iron Arrows so I get the most bang for my buck. Once I can upgrade to Steel Arrows, they require Polymers instead of Feathers so it should be much easier to craft large numbers of arrows at that point. I would not be opposed to changing Iron Arrows from Feathers to Scrap Polymers, though.

I will say that the Crossbow is a very nice weapon now, much better than in previous patches. My first time playing A18E I found an Iron Crossbow very early on, and it feels so much nicer to use now. Yes, it's still slow to reload, but the aiming is much more intuitive than with the Primitive Bow, the falloff is far less, and with proper kiting techniques it's much easier to use than the bow. I expect the top tier Crossbow will become one of my primary arms later on, especially once I start getting into Exposive Bolts.

Archived