Sign in to follow this  
madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I'm thinking of starting an official campaign to change the game title from "7 days to Die" to "7000 rolls of duct tape"

I get it, duct tape is great stuff.. but damn I spend a significant portion of the game either farming tape, farming resources to make tape, or making tape.

well duct tape can fix anything even like your car , morgaege , and even your friends when they don't shut up lol

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

All shirts pants and coats have 1 mod slot.

Sorry I can't repro. I might have had the First Person or Camera detached. there were 2 of us on motorcycles and all I saw of myself was my helmet on the bike. like I was a passenger.

Sorry I can't repro. I might have had the First Person or Camera detached. there were 2 of us on motorcycles and all I saw of myself was my helmet on the bike. like I was a passenger.

confirmed... drugged players in game. will be adding de-toxing next. :)

We already looked over the changes. Texture loading and shaders were not changed between those builds.

If the fps drops come from GPU memory filling up or GPU IO being overloaded, couldn't it be that some other computation on the GPU just hogs too much memory or IO and the texture and shaders are just showing the result because they are another big contender for a lot of memory and IO and more importantly use a variable amount if you just look around ?

Regarding missing backpacks, I died in a game of A18 b139 (I think, the previous one anyway) and went to the backpack marker. There was nothing there, it was in the desert outdoors so no roofs or anything. I used god mode to clip downwards to look below to see if it sunk somewhere or something but even though I could always see the marker the backpack was never to be found. I lost all of my best items and just deleted that game and have since been playing no drops.

SInce it often happened that vehicles were floating miles up in the air when they bugged out, possibly the backpack is there too.

Two observations..

One, with two people starting out on nomad, the difficulty difference between adventurer and it is amazingly high.

With under double digit kills for two players and the first clear quest, we ran into feral military guys and wights! That was day two, again under 10 kills each. Either nomad needs to be turned down a notch or two, or there needs to be another difficulty between nomad and adventurer.

IMHO you are just wasting your breath if you don't specify gamestage, options different to vanilla and the poi you visited in your quest (quest even tells you the internal name of the poi).

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

I had this happen once as well. Had Debug on and had accidentally hit god mode and when I got on motorcycle I had same thing. Got off turned god mode off and fixed problem. Didn’t try to replicate so maybe not related.

Anyone else have this problem on their rented server? I set the drop on death to 2...backpack only.. in the xml. However when someone dies, you drop your toolbelt. Any explanation or fix..

Also FYI..when in fly mode, you cant go through a door or window anymore.

Coughs * Airport POI * Coughs

I am having a FPS drop in the desert when I have textures up to full. In the forest biome I have around 35 to 65 usually 45 to 50 FPS but I drop to around 15 FPS in the desert. I haven't been around the snow biomes yet with full textures so I have no ides if I suffer FPS drops there as well. I only get those drops when I have full textures set, on half I don't have any FPS drops at all but the game looks bad.

Yep, same here but for the snow biome. I've tried to disable fog/snow when I get the drops but no dice. Half textures for me for now until hopefully more optimizations come in.

Turn on god mode and clip through walls to find it.

Had the exact same issue. Dug down and up, nowhere to be found. Eventually figured out how to noclip and it was still nowhere (at least near the backpack icon).

well 2 deaths from going afk and leaving 4 forges and a Chem station running. bunch of screamers a large enough horde to put a blood moon to shame and me being dumb enough to run into a hornets nest to try and get my backpack back. at least nothing broke but they did all magically despawn which really made me rage. it's like they all went OK he had enough...see ya next time kid and they all walked off talking trash about me.

oh well I guess it's a sign of what's to come for say 42 horde at game stage 133. I hope I get to see a demolisher and how he does against a steel base.

Had the exact same issue. Dug down and up, nowhere to be found. Eventually figured out how to noclip and it was still nowhere (at least near the backpack icon).

in A16 or A17 I once had chest buried in POI, I found it one of Chimeny in house. I bring the whole house down (like in Dark knight, burn the whole forest). And then I see the chest hanging in area. as everything falls through but not this buried chest. maybe try that.

Did I miss where it was said and or brought up about the Gallows being added?

It be cool if we could hang people for roleplay reasons lol.

This reminds of other games that allows you to grief people lol...

Savage lands: tie up and drag away people

Dayz: handcuff and force people to drink bleach.

Notice anything wrong with this picture?

Screenshot-56.png

Large Version: https://ibb.co/gv3G17v

It was also impossible to complete. Even went into DM mode and checked from top to bottom for the chest and nothing. Earlier I had a chest spawn under a road next to a house, kinda seems unintended maybe?

You should post this in the bugs section so the right eyes get on it.

There is no way a screamer will spawn with what you are describing. I built a 10x10 base and upgraded a lot of blocks, etc and mine constantly and have never spawned a screamer. It takes 2 forges, 4 torches and a campfire about 12 hours to get one to come, and once you kill her it will take a long time again to get the next one. Are you cutting down 500 trees in that area?

You and I must be playing different games. Ive seen you put several times that screamers dont pop up often. But we have at MOST 4 forges running at a time, no torches cause headlamp accessory OP! If everything if running 4 forges we get at least one screamer every 5 minutes. Ran out to the desert with an Aug to mine up some sand and got about 5 of them to spawn in the 15 minutes I was there.

Having now played my first half hour of A18. I can already tell this is going to be great.

My first impressions

1. games overall aesthetics looks great

2. Player movement/actions feels a lot more fluid and smooth

3. Music gives the game a unique and more immersive feel

4. Looting feels a lot more like A16 which is awesome

5. The way the zombies rage, has now actually made the game a little more challenging. (I love this improvement to AI)

@TFP Nice work! Thank you for getting 7 Days to Die back to its former glory....you have no idea how relieved I am that the game is as it should be once again. :02.47-tranquillity: I never lost faith and today, I am glad to see that my loyalty was not in vein. Keep up the great work you guy/girls are doing over at The Fun Pimps. =)

DO YOU HAVE TO TURN MUSIC ON? NEVER HAVE I HEARD IT YET @ DAY 13

caps lock sorry work programs need items entered in caps...welcome to program of the early 2000s

confirmed... drugged players in game. will be adding de-toxing next. :)

omg if they added narcotics liek ARK has....there will be SOO MUCH rage quitting lol

DO YOU HAVE TO TURN MUSIC ON? NEVER HAVE I HEARD IT YET @ DAY 13

caps lock sorry work programs need items entered in caps...welcome to program of the early 2000s

Yeah my dynamic music was off for some reason. I had to enable.

Same here, even after using god mod, but the backpack is still no where to be found. Backpack icon still on compass..

I know the storage box is in the furniture settings. But is there any way to put the health, ammo, food, etc., symbol on the box like we had a few Alphas ago? Is it possible to make those symbols a sign that we can hang on a box or even in rooms of our base?

Yeah my dynamic music was off for some reason. I had to enable.

Hey thanks man! I normally turn on "take me home country road" Pandora station as it all fits the game very well :D

- - - Updated - - -

I know the storage box is in the furniture settings. But is there any way to put the health, ammo, food, etc., symbol on the box like we had a few Alphas ago? Is it possible to make those symbols a sign that we can hang on a box or even in rooms of our base?

1. Use paint to color them (limited)

2. Make wood signs 1x1 and place them on and or above the box.

Those are the top 2 IMO to label

Another way would be (if you got time/mats), to make rooms. I have a kitchen, chem lab etc and use decor blocks to store it. Need place for meds? Make a med cabinet in furniture :)

You and I must be playing different games. Ive seen you put several times that screamers dont pop up often. But we have at MOST 4 forges running at a time, no torches cause headlamp accessory OP! If everything if running 4 forges we get at least one screamer every 5 minutes. Ran out to the desert with an Aug to mine up some sand and got about 5 of them to spawn in the 15 minutes I was there.

Perhaps because MM is playing solo and as you said it's "we" so you have more than one player on the map. This might be why you get so many screamers?

Perhaps because MM is playing solo and as you said it's "we" so you have more than one player on the map. This might be why you get so many screamers?

dam you are lucky IMO. I had 1 forge and 3 candles. screamer here and there day 11.

One of my crew asks if we can get parachutes for flying minibikes?

This happened to me yesterday. I figured...well ♥♥♥♥ im gonna die, so decided that I'd try to get off it at the last second and see if it worked. And indeed I did live after jumping off last second...but as it turns out if you get back on, even though its only slightly in the air, you instantly die D: Next time I'll have to try to pick it up instead :p

There is no way a screamer will spawn with what you are describing. I built a 10x10 base and upgraded a lot of blocks, etc and mine constantly and have never spawned a screamer. It takes 2 forges, 4 torches and a campfire about 12 hours to get one to come, and once you kill her it will take a long time again to get the next one.

@Madmole

There might be an exception to this ... Is the heat map also adding the heat from a biome? In my burning land playthrough, two forges have been able to bring a screamer in about 5 minutes going back to probably day 30.

If this is intended, it makes having your forges in a snow biome beneficial to reduce the chance, but burning land forge smelting will see them more often.

I could go either way, honestly.

Btw, another play started on our personal server with the wife. Still haven't seen either the snow biome or the desert now since the a18 drop, and 60 days played through now between both games.

Slightly smaller biomes might be worth considering, as new players could encounter the same experience.