Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

So my Son who is an Armorer in the Army. looked at the M60 and was wondering why you made a drum mag for it? it is belt fed from box or backpack or 2nd soldier. there is no such thing as a drum mag for it.

my response was "So next you are going to tell me there are no such things as Zombies?"

hmmmm... good point I cannot recall ever seeing a m60 with a drum mag before.......now that you point it out. it does seem stupid that its in the game. should be a box mag not a drum

So my Son who is an Armorer in the Army. looked at the M60 and was wondering why you made a drum mag for it? it is belt fed from box or backpack or 2nd soldier. there is no such thing as a drum mag for it.

my response was "So next you are going to tell me there are no such things as Zombies?"

like father like son maybe? stop teaching them bad habits. :)

well I do not feel like waiting 20 minutes just to load a rwg that is half honeycombed everywhere so....... Back to Navezgane I guess. I really hope that bug gets fixed. I'm really looking forward to playing RWG and seeing all the improvements.

EDIT: if anyone knows a fix or work around for this bug please let me know.

@Faatal

The new commands - I am thrilled to report after playing until 3AM thinking it was midnight - helped tremendously. I have not been in a desert biome yet in my playthrough, but I can say the burnt forest biome is still taxing. But, I get between 28 - 35 FPS when mountains are in view in the burnt areas, and up to 50 when it's just flat ground in my view. I am now in the ~60 range indoors, 50 - 60(holy mackerel!) in outdoor snow biomes, and 40 in grassland/forest areas outdoors. Granted, again, potato settings, but man the game looks great even on those settings lol.

For reference: I used gfx st budget ; gfx af / dt / pp set to 0 ; and I played with gfx st at 450 -- not sure if that did anything or not.

For fun note, I almost bit the dust that night. I just got done looting a poi and was taking my heavy armor off to get running and heard a dog, then 2. I spun around with my spear to see many dogs. I threw my spear into the gut of one of them then saw two zombie bears behind them. I pulled out my smg and noped out anyway spinting my ass off. Luckily, one of the zombie dogs must have been a good boy in the previous life, for he found me with my level 5 modded spear sticking out his side haha. Got it back. Good times.

BTW @Madmole , I think high performance running shoes needs to be mildly nerfed, at 2 ranks of Cadio and the shoes on my stamina doesn't drain, at all. But, they may be rare to get so who knows. I get lucky sometimes.

Nice. This week I hope to sort out AF and budget values.

Be helpful if in the patch release notes, TFP spelled out some things:

1. Recommend new game or saved game ok yes/no ?

2. New graphic controls, how/when to use

Without this info as part of the patch, forcing people to either wade through these hundreds/thousands of posts, not play the patch or try to wing it.

Software(a game in this case) Documentation goes a long ways...

So been away a few days, what is the recommendations for new/save game in regards to the new 18 patch?

Be helpful if in the patch release notes, TFP spelled out some things:

1. Recommend new game or saved game ok yes/no ?

2. New graphic controls, how/when to use

Without this info as part of the patch, forcing people to either wade through these hundreds/thousands of posts, not play the patch or try to wing it.

Software(a game in this case) Documentation goes a long ways...

So been away a few days, what is the recommendations for new/save game in regards to the new 18 patch?

always start a new game during exp.

Hey @madmole, after a racking up a nice amount of hours in 18, I found some text fixes you could make:

Lockpicks description mentions that you can pick "some locks". A new player might think you can also lockpick doors. A mention of "you can lockpick safes only" would be good.

Perk trees descriptions are inconsistent. Strength, Perception, Intellect include a tidbit of what increasing the perk tree attribute improves. Fortitude and Agility does not. (The second sentence:

05WkzVY.jpg

) I suggest adding the sentence to Fort and Agil and maybe move it to the lower panel like the books tab has.

This quest string should have a comma added to after "Be careful":

Su2qiv4.jpg

Charred Meat and Corn on the Cob descriptions should have a comma added before the "but":

n77qdqq.jpgc8nb11d.jpg

well I do not feel like waiting 20 minutes just to load a rwg that is half honeycombed everywhere so....... Back to Navezgane I guess. I really hope that bug gets fixed. I'm really looking forward to playing RWG and seeing all the improvements.

EDIT: if anyone knows a fix or work around for this bug please let me know.

U can also play the 3 pregen RWG maps.

Is it only the amount that is affected or it it the probability as well? It would be fine if it was just the amount, but i feel like i can use any type of weapon freely, since i always have extra bullets, but if i want to use magnum i have to craft them. I have found only 120 .44 ammo vs 1000 + of 9mm, 800+ of 7.62 and it has been like that in previous alfas as well.

I could be wrong, I was thinking of gun distribution, Gazz set up ammo drops, but I have no problem crafting it.

First time starting a real game on A18 and I got the honeycomb bug :( lol.... normally I love bugs but this one....not so much ha ha ha

20191013164611-1.jpg

20191013164600-1.jpg

20191013164540-1.jpg

I'll admit this does look pretty cool in the game though. :)

Side note. after further tweaking I am now able to get a steady 55-60 FPS on a gtx 960 4gb so thats good :)

We're trolling the people who complained about farm plots.

Has there been any Official word on if TFP are working this weekend?

I'm one of those unable to play due to the white flashing wireframe texture bug; apparently tied to AMD Radeon GPUs.

(if someone has found a fix please share! but otherwise I've already tried new cmds, reinstall, etc.)

I looked at your log. Very old GPU with drivers that look like AMD stopped updating years ago. My guess is Unity is having to do multiple passes for the terrain shader and they are z fighting. Although z fighting is normally across the triangle, not just the edges.

I don't think recent AMD GPUs are having that problem.

A drum is a round box.

Just imagine it's a PKM. LOL

The wolf ate it.

Yeah, I searched everywhere and in the walls, upstairs and down... my bag was gone lol.

God damn silent black feral wolf spawning on me on day 3 on the first fetch quest I had even taken lol.

What is funny is I almost had lucky looter maxed, but had not even found a gun or ammo yet lol. POS

Nice. This week I hope to sort out AF and budget values.

Is there any truth to the suggestion that the AF issue popped up between the b134 (streamer build) - b139 (experimental)?

I'm sure you know how to track it down, but have you tried b134 on your GTX960 that's having the issue? If b134 doesn't have the AF issue on the GTX960 you can start a process of elimination as to which change to b139 caused the issue.

Also you mentioned that Vulkan may become usable with the next Unity Engine update. What kind of timeline is there until the next Unity update for 7DtD, would that be Alpha 19? Vulkan already runs much faster and solves texture flickering issues with 7DtD on Linux so I'm keen.

Speaking of possible junk turret bugs, I noticed after I placed a 2nd junk turret in my house and the 1st one deactivated, reactivating once I picked up number 2. Intentional that only one per player works, or should I make a bug report on it?

Yeah, only 1 per player, but at my Kill Base I have one set up on every approach, and when you get near it that one should activate.

Archived