Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

The canned food is in a can it was sheltered from the nuclear fall out and ensuing virus spreading.

Where as the ground and any living thing animal and hooman that has been in contact with it is infected/carrying it etc.. make a total sense.

For tfp to come up with a actual story behind something makes me also believe this system is a final system. Maybe a bit of a touch up here n there but it should stay.. other then that mods can change things later to that people make that they are not happy with etc

well still its not like the cans are reinforced with lead. rads can still get through. and can food can still spoil : granted takes a while. but thats just my opinion.

but i still love A18 that is just a small nit pick

The thing is I remember Fataal or Gazz mention that they switch it up with the zombie ai so it a bit more random (don't quote me on this). Instead I had a whole horde punching a single block after a little while. Maybe I remember wrong and they meant future alpha, hence I want to confirm it again with a staff.

I died because I honestly wasn't expecting a17.4 engineer zombies again plus that was the first 7th day so I didn't expect much and only got a double layer wall up. Gonna have to check this out in my test world. The reason I hate "smart" zombie is I can set it up and it become duck hunt. In fact I've already made a drop trap in my test world (because they're fun to mess with).

Instead of talking bout food where it is clearly reasonable.. we should be discussing this poor bloke right here - karatowakiru and how he was involved in gang violence and bullied and set upon by a mob.

Never ceases to amaze me we all focus on food but we all ignore the guy who got bullied by a gang of zombies..

These are real questions

1. Why does tfp allow this bullying

2. What are tfp gonna do about it so it doesn't happen again

3. Need to contact the red cross and salvos to get this guys house fixed and replace anything he lost

:-D :-D

It's almost inevitable that players will find recipes of higher tier foods. So where is the problem?

The recipe alone is not enough.

Let's say you find the recipe for a vegetable stew. To cook it you need 2 potatoes, 2 corn and 2 mushrooms for each vegetable stew.

You have to find enough of the ingredients or create a garden. To unlock the seeds for corn, potatoes and mushrooms you need to be at least level 3 in Living of the Land which requires level 5 in Fortitude. Or you have to find the schematics for all 3 ingredients to be able to produce the seeds. Or you have to find the seeds.

Either way it's an effort. On the other hand, you only have to buy the canned food from the vending machine. People tend to follow the path of least resistance. As long as they have enough coins they will buy the food from the vending machine because there is no food poisoning.

As long as the players are not forced to create a garden, many players will simply stay on canned food. And since the vending machines fill up again and again, you have an infinite supply.

well still its not like the cans are reinforced with lead. rads can still get through. and can food can still spoil : granted takes a while. but thats just my opinion.

but i still love A18 that is just a small nit pick

Radiation decontaminates bacteria. Its the radiated particles in fresh food and water getting into your system that is the simulation I think.

Alpha 18 looks good.

Alpha 18 feels great.

But....

Boiled Water has a chance for Dysentery by 3%.

Cocked Food has Food Poisoning between 4 an 13 %.

Food Can do not have Food Poisoning.

WHAT?!?

Why should i make a garden with Plants?

Why should i go to hunt Animals anymore?

Just wait for a Airdrop and feel lucky.

Please tell me that this is a mistake and wil be fixed.

Please

Both boiled water and cooked food having chances to give you a disease makes sense and not canned food makes science scientifically, but it also makes sense gameplay-wise.

If you want lots of food, you can go to work a bit for it and have it but prepare for a risk to vomit.

If you want to not vomit, then go search or buy canned food, but RNGesus has to bless you.

All makes sense for me.

This food poisoning thing makes no sense to me and seems very backwards. As far as I know old cans of food would have a much higher chance of making you sick then something you hunted and cooked. I personally throw away old cans of food for that reason but am very happy to eat something I've killed and have never got sick from it. I mean really would you get sick that often when eating bacon and eggs I sure don't.

The opposite is true.

im not surprised you get food poisoning if you go around sticking your man bits into it :p

LOOOOL :D. Took a while to get the joke.

Well, maybe the word "Dysentery" was a poor choice as boiling water would kill the bacteria or amoeba infections.

So, some type of chemical pollution in all that standing water would make more sense.

Also, caned food can theoretically last forever, if the airtight seal is never compromised. After 10 years, it would taste and look "odd" but it wouldn't kill you.

Agreed, boiling water doesn't completely purify it if the water has some dangerous minerals/chemicals. In fact, boiling water with these can even worsen the problem and can get you even more poisoned. I think boiled water needs to give a different disease with a different name to make sense. Or just rename Dysentery.

The canned food is in a can it was sheltered from the nuclear fall out and ensuing virus spreading.

Where as the ground and any living thing animal and hooman that has been in contact with it is infected/carrying it etc.. make a total sense.

For tfp to come up with a actual story behind something makes me also believe this system is a final system. Maybe a bit of a touch up here n there but it should stay.. other then that mods can change things later to that people make that they are not happy with etc

I love how people selectively choose when realism rules apply. Its quite humorous. Since anyone can use it whenever they wish to state their point is correct, and then go and turn around and say it would not work because its just a game.

Like you get mad because zombies are supposed to be dumb and its just not realistic they would know where you are, then we can say the idea of farming being safe would not work because MUH REALISM.

I was just trying to throw people a bone in this debate. Personally i love the way it is now. And farming is STILL too easy. Prove me wrong.

So when a nuclear bomb goes off and the radiati9n floats to the ...... where does it go... does it go oh I not allowed on the ground and stay air borne lol.

Ofc it goes on the ground and radiates it making it uneatable or at least you get poisoned by what you grow and eat from it. This system makes total sense and 100% see what tfp are doing.

That's not how radiation works.

Jax's plan has merit because as he said, he's properly preparing the garden and starting from seed, so even the ecoli argument could be made moot since farming is dictated by perks, i.e. skill.

Instead of talking bout food where it is clearly reasonable.. we should be discussing this poor bloke right here - karatowakiru and how he was involved in gang violence and bullied and set upon by a mob.

Never ceases to amaze me we all focus on food but we all ignore the guy who got bullied by a gang of zombies..

These are real questions

3. Need to contact the red cross and salvos to get this guys house fixed and replace anything he lost

lol:biggrin-new:

And I did ran a little test. They first make a B line to me and hit what ever block closest between me and them.

https://i.imgur.com/7MDBtWk.jpg

and then after a few seconds. they switch to the weaker block if they haven't already. https://i.imgur.com/LFJTzXj.jpg, as soon as that first cobble block break, they ignore that first block and huddle to the last cobble block.

so yeah, back to cheesy path exploit build :\

I think death is very cheap.

Not enough punishment.

I Lost Some Xp

No problem, I kill some zombie and Xp comes back in a second.

I think...

- Lose all current (Xp bar) XP

- Lose 1 point from hightest Attributes

(Perception, Strenght, Fortitude, Agility, Intellect)

Yes play with the "delete all" on death setting. Your wish has been granted.

- - - Updated - - -

Alpha 18 looks good.

Alpha 18 feels great.

But....

Boiled Water has a chance for Dysentery by 3%.

Cocked Food has Food Poisoning between 4 an 13 %.

Food Can do not have Food Poisoning.

WHAT?!?

Why should i make a garden with Plants?

Why should i go to hunt Animals anymore?

Just wait for a Airdrop and feel lucky.

Please tell me that this is a mistake and wil be fixed.

Please

If you can make an airdrop worth of food last until the next drop comes then you must not be doing anything. Running, fighting, mining all burns your food up. One airdrop lasted me one day maybe.

These are real questions

TFP is clearly helping to reduce the number of bullies. We do our part make no mistake!

Hey MadMole,

I think now it's time to do some cleanup.

Imo noone needs 3 kinds of brass (4 including radiators). Simplyfy door knobs, trophies etc. to just scrap brass.

Same for lead, too. I think most of us scrap it already to save inventory space, ignoring the loss of material.

Be careful using "most of us".

From my perspective "most of us" never scrap brass or lead because you lose too many resources. Better to put them right into the forge.

I love how people selectively choose when realism rules apply. Its quite humorous. Since anyone can use it whenever they wish to state their point is correct, and then go and turn around and say it would not work because its just a game.

Like you get mad because zombies are supposed to be dumb and its just not realistic they would know where you are, then we can say the idea of farming being safe would not work because MUH REALISM.

I was just trying to throw people a bone in this debate. Personally i love the way it is now. And farming is STILL too easy. Prove me wrong.

Yeah, see the thing is though we've seen this debate a hundred times... and then we see people making this very point a hundred times too.

Setting aside realism vs gameplay, without some lore, without some kind of explanation, the food situation is illogical.... and when something is illogical it makes it hard from a realism perspective and a gameplay perspective.

I also love how it plays. For once, we have to think about food, but admittedly, it is weird and awkward when you stand back and look at it.

That's not how radiation works.

Jax's plan has merit because as he said, he's properly preparing the garden and starting from seed, so even the ecoli argument could be made moot since farming is dictated by perks, i.e. skill.

Irradiated rabbits are peeing on all the crops off camera.

Archived