Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

The idea is probably to balance the food system, such that cans are the safest to eat, but require active looting. (just enough drops not to starve)

Whereas farming and hunting gets a drawback, but can be alleviated by goldenrod-tea.

I personally would solve that with a food spoilage system and requirement or active farming (watering, fertilizing or such).

This would prevent overstocking on food even in late game.

To reflect even more "spoilage", I would add some "bland meals" % where a cooked recipe will give you almost nothing (maybe 20% of its full effects), without poisoining you, and gradually lowering the poisoining % if you have high cooking chef level.

(Should be easy to mod yes.)

Boilde (cooked) Water has a chance for Dysentery?

I learn to cook with the Master Chef Perk

and get Food Poisoning?

Nope, this is not a balance of the Food System.

Everyone knows, that a Food Can that gets over

the expiration Date has a chance for Food Poisoning.

The only thing you now have to farm is the Goldenrod

to cure yourself?

That must be a mistake

Well, maybe the word "Dysentery" was a poor choice as boiling water would kill the bacteria or amoeba infections.

So, some type of chemical pollution in all that standing water would make more sense.

Also, caned food can theoretically last forever, if the airtight seal is never compromised. After 10 years, it would taste and look "odd" but it wouldn't kill you.

I think death is very cheap.

Not enough punishment.

I Lost Some Xp

No problem, I kill some zombie and Xp comes back in a second.

I think...

- Lose all current (Xp bar) XP

- Lose 1 point from hightest Attributes

(Perception, Strenght, Fortitude, Agility, Intellect)

When the old death penalty came out, the wails of agony could be heard all across the internet. Rivers of tears, man, RIVERS OF TEARS!

(it was beautiful)

That's not coming back.

What MAY happen is a harsher death penalty on higher difficulty levels and maybe none on Easy but right now there are no plans for any of that.

Hey MadMole,

I think now it's time to do some cleanup.

Imo noone needs 3 kinds of brass (4 including radiators). Simplyfy door knobs, trophies etc. to just scrap brass.

Same for lead, too. I think most of us scrap it already to save inventory space, ignoring the loss of material.

Hey MadMole,

Imo noone needs 3 kinds of brass (4 including radiators). Simplyfy door knobs, trophies etc. to just scrap brass.

Same for lead, too. I think most of us scrap it already to save inventory space, ignoring the loss of material.

But you lose some of it when you scrap it. That's one of those tough choices that this game gives you. If you're desperate enough for brass because you're running low on ammo, you can choose to carry the doorknobs, the trophies, the radiators, etc and ditch some of the other stuff you want to carry. In return for making that choice, you get more brass when you smelt it.

I am hungry, eat 8 cornbread, get food poisoning. Need to eat again, eat 10 cornbread. Food poisoning. Again and again. This is worse with baked potatoes, lets not talk about yucca :p

And as vitamin pills are not craftable and the mineral water/red tea are not working most of the time it seems.

PROPOSAL: lower the chance of food poisoning for the 'small' craftable portions (like 1 or 2%)

It is OK for the stews and what have you. I do like a challenge.

-- I am playing on a busy server and looting/buying enough canned food is hard.

BTW, the new farming system is fun. It is hard to get enough rotten flesh to start your farm, a new challenge added to the game. :excitement:

BTW, the new farming system is fun. It is hard to get enough rotten flesh to start your farm, a new challenge added to the game. :excitement:

It is, but look out some POI has farmplot in them as boundry, you can use shovel to pick them up. yesterday only I pick 8 farm plot from one of small house..which use it. much easier to create your own.

Hey MadMole,

Definitely with lead it should all be scrap. Brass however is still the weak link and if someone wants to micro everything to get a little more brass then that should be allowed.

Food poison is way different and aggressive, I used to eat Can food in A17, I eat 2-3 can at one go while clearing POI, as that way I don't have to carry food and keep my inventory free from it. I hardly get food poisoning ever. But in A18, you eat 4-5 item with poison rating and you get it. Either it was broken or the percentage written is only visual and reach percent in much higher in A18.

Or I am just unlucky in A18 ?

A query that happened to the large storage boxes that you could paint? I can't find her anywhere, any help?

It's in the wood furniture block (looks like picnic table) craft, use selector icon and pill case, bookshelf and storage are all in there click what you want and place.

Hey MadMole,

*Points to the door*

Get out!

This food poisoning thing makes no sense to me and seems very backwards. As far as I know old cans of food would have a much higher chance of making you sick then something you hunted and cooked. I personally throw away old cans of food for that reason but am very happy to eat something I've killed and have never got sick from it. I mean really would you get sick that often when eating bacon and eggs I sure don't.

Most food poisoning occurs from poorly prepared raw or cooked food most modern canned foods rarely give food poisoning due to heavy regulation and high standards, even professionally prepared cooked food has less chance than homemade (especially e coli) So IMO fun pimps have it spot on even with the new water system just boiling dirty water doesn't make it safe (filtration is more effective)

Hey MadMole,

That's gonna have to be a hard no from me. If I can avoid scrapping it I will. %25 is a big chunk, especially when the alternative is smelting your dukes.

I am hungry, eat 8 cornbread, get food poisoning. Need to eat again, eat 10 cornbread. Food poisoning. Again and again. This is worse with baked potatoes, lets not talk about yucca :p

Absolutely correct.

If you use the "cheap" foods only then food poisoning will affect you much more, especially if you insist on filling up to 100%.

The higher tier foods make this much easier.

*Points to the door*

Get out!

Never :p

That's gonna have to be a hard no from me. If I can avoid scrapping it I will. %25 is a big chunk, especially when the alternative is smelting your dukes.

To counteract loss of material we just get some more scraps, then everything is like before with less micromanagement.

Strictly following the KISS principle.

EDIT: Anyone noticed when tearing down an iron door you get brass scraps instead of doorknobs ;-)

Hello @Mad Mole,

Something is broken. I'm playing on a crowded server, and this happened to me when I reached level 3x and rank 5 of Lucky Looter, I've never could have better loot, only Grey/level 1 quality items, from Safes and Reinforced Chests any more.

I also tested on single play by running some commands to reach high level and level 5 of Lucky Looter, and same result of course.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29544[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29545[/ATTACH]

A18.0_2019-10-11_15-33-26.jpg.0b8093e24b7f31bca026a93bef912869.jpg

A18.0_2019-10-11_15-33-49.jpg.7313f37bf1eebe52420f78e344f29426.jpg

Hello all, just finished an epic 9 hour a18 session with a friend. We are both having a blast. He is new player this alpha. QUESTION? How does the tracking perk work? Anyone have success? Thanks in advance. In FP we trust!

I just finished an epic 2 hour session, by myself. Now it’s time to play 7 days To Die.

Havent checked xmls yet but I think there is an oversight with pass and gas boxes. Opened one yesterday that had 2 stacks of repair kits (25 in one stack 15 in the other). I felt like I won the lottery lol!!!!

Yeah, somewhere else I looted a 25 stack as well. May be a xml bugger on quantity variable... or maybe we are just lucky mofos.

Hi @Madmole

Is possible to do something about all the books and schematics after you read one to tell later in game when you find it again "its read" or " you know already this recipe"? TY :D

Yeah, It would be good to know if you have read it already so you can pass it to a team mate.

Archived