Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I hear that and am sure this was why but still makes no sense you would think actually balancing food or making foods have spoilage would have been a much better solution than "better gameplay than sense" but I don't think we're ever going to win the battle on that one. It's also not the late game this even matters on it's early game that I've seen people having problems with when they don't have hardly any canned food and only have things they've cooked. I don't know it just makes no sense to me and I don't think it ever will.

Who doesn't have loads of canned food? What game are you playing?

Go hunting and kill everything you see, cook and eat it. throw up>? big deal keep eating.

Buy food from traders if you have to.

Buy food from various vending machines in the world if you have to.

Tier 1 dig quests give lots of food.

Air drops have food

All cupboards have food.

End of poi loot rooms sometimes have shamway crates which drop food.

Taking vitamins prevents any chance of food poisoning, so take a vitamin and eat 50 rotten flesh if you want.

The only player who could possibly have a problem is the sit on your ass hiding underground mining for a week at a time player.

I just think you are simply being stubborn to change, its the best version of food we've ever had. New players will just get it and like it.

Whatever dude, wait til you die at level 80 and lost an hour our two of progress. Maybe they nerfed it, it was 25% I think when that happened to me.

I'm a go with him on that to be honest. like you said by level 40 you are kinda OP. heck after the build I went with and the gear I collected I felt OP at level 30. I feel no reason to fear death. I mean if I get some debt i just do a trader quest to wipe most of it off then go grind the rest of it mining up resources.

AWESOME NEWS, faatal has found some good gains already, and I was combing through lots of new models and discovered texture streaming wasn't enabled on tons of them so the vram issue will either be dead or drastically improved in the next patch :)

Great news!!!! I also bought 16gb of more ram which should bring me up to 24gb once I replace 2 of my older dimms. Hopefully this gets me some gains. 😅

Who doesn't have loads of canned food? What game are you playing?

Go hunting and kill everything you see, cook and eat it. throw up>? big deal keep eating.

Buy food from traders if you have to.

Buy food from various vending machines in the world if you have to.

Tier 1 dig quests give lots of food.

Air drops have food

All cupboards have food.

End of poi loot rooms sometimes have shamway crates which drop food.

Taking vitamins prevents any chance of food poisoning, so take a vitamin and eat 50 rotten flesh if you want.

The only player who could possibly have a problem is the sit on your ass hiding underground mining for a week at a time player.

I just think you are simply being stubborn to change, its the best version of food we've ever had. New players will just get it and like it.

Vending machines and buried stash quests (being both a food and cash faucet) make things way too easy.

i tried many servers dedicated or not . and we are 6 people having the same problem in difreent servers . we all from turkey i guess its about windows language which i cant change .some letters are missing in main menu too . install directory is clear . and we bought a dedicaded server right now the problem still here . thanks for trying to help btw .

If any of the other 5 people can change the language you could make sure that is the reason. Probably you should make a bug report in the bug section of this forum, a tester should check whether he can reproduce it.

You could also use a free partition to install linux (I would suggest ubuntu) and play without that bug until it is fixed.

Properly stored can goods can last years past their exp date.

"properly stored" being the key phrase.

- - - Updated - - -

I like that you can now jump and catch a ladder two blocks high instead of the one block high before, wondering if A zombie can jump and climb now too.

That's the same as it was in A17 you could do the same. My base there had the same 2 block high ladder jump on.

The info text to "Hidden Strike" says it is only for knifes (not even bows). But the xml seems to say it is for all weapons. What would be correct?

I read the descriptions on the tiers of this perk, because it's one I like to get early. According to the descriptions, tier 1 is only for knives, but tier 2 and higher is for all weapons. At least that's how I read it.

early game food is hard. there is NOT food in every cupboard, or even 1/10 of the cupboards. we have been out looting and hunting not sitting around at all. including most of a shamway factory. and starving.

We have a MP game with 3 players and food is tough, But we have one player speccing in hunting, we buy food when needed (hotel vending machine and trader is empty). We are dreading barfing it all back up again. For me its much better. Adds to the "what are we doing today" feeling. We need ammo, build the base, eat etc. I find it easier in single player to stay fed.

I read the descriptions on the tiers of this perk, because it's one I like to get early. According to the descriptions, tier 1 is only for knives, but tier 2 and higher is for all weapons. At least that's how I read it.

It works with everything at Rank 1. I took the first rank this evening and I'm getting a 2.50 multiplier on sneak attacks with my bow now. Need to file a bug report that Rank 1's wording is wrong, incorrectly stating that it works for knives but nothing else.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. We condensed all parts to the governing perk. So now you'll find machine gun parts, which craft ak's and m60's.

For clarification, does this mean that I'll have "archery" parts that will work for both bow and crossbow? Because right now I've got the compound crossbow schematic, but haven't seen hide nor hair of a compound crossbow.

Probably not, people just need to learn the new system. Maybe we need a storage helper instead that has all the cupboards and crates in it.

AND the bookcase!!! ;)

Just about on horde night 35, and a18 is giving me the old a15 exploration feels now. My base is still in burning land so its mostly dismal looking, and while I've fround forest, I'd yet to se snow or desert yet.

Food is still a struggle, which is good. Maybe we need some delectable animals that live in the burning lands?

Possible new patch tomorrow AND new video card? Its gonna be a good weekend for sure!

I feel that the death penalty is a bit too forgiving now. I think that on top of the XP deficit, you should have the XP progress towards your next level reset. As it stands now death is inconsequential.

I thought thats what they were going to do? If not, agreed!

Probably for two reasons,

#1, its early game still

#2, there's no need to farm anymore

The breadth of opinions is crazy. A lot of people is saying food is finally a challenge and you say there is no need to farm anymore. I would say there never was a need to farm, but maybe now it might be a good idea with all the changes I've made.

The breadth of opinions is crazy. A lot of people is saying food is finally a challenge and you say there is no need to farm anymore. I would say there never was a need to farm, but maybe now it might be a good idea with all the changes I've made.

Food is definitely better implemented in the early game now. I did not run an overstock, while also not starving.

Archived