Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Started a new game in snow biome and i get 22 fps. I'm afraid to imagine what will happen on the red night. if you look at the sky, or is in a building, then the FPS rises. I hope you fix it as soon as possible.

Good point. I might have to make an enclosed horde base to fight the horde on BM so my FPS doesnt tank. 😁

And the tougher zombies and non-formulaic pattens keep me on my toes... Great choice IMO... Day 6, doing blades and archery - just need to freaking remember the Z’s have an amazing reach and the hit timing seems different than A17. Trying to get that down still...

I do more feint charges that trigger the zombies attack first, then I start my attack right after they do (using the sledgehammer).

Also waiting for the zombie to walk within range of your weapon is a good tactic too as it doesn't attack well if your not moving.

The spear is easy mod for melee and thats a good thing I believe.

Btw, it seems to me TFP need a more diverse testing testing group as far as hardware is concerned. Major performance issues like these should've been noticed (though not necessarily fixed) earlier in the testing process. :)

that is what is happening now and this is early access to development as it is intended. :)

Gonna have to change my own report from when I had said I was getting a steady 60 fps. I had only been in the forest before. Now, visiting the snow biome I do dip down into the 40's for fps. I notice a grainy looking movement on the snow. Is it supposed to look like the wind is causing snow drift?

MadMole, remember what I said months ago when it seemed A18 would be harder. Don’t let the vocal whiners convince you to nerf the difficulty in everything, please :)

About the only thing I would consider is killing the ferals at sun up.

Madmole, I must say, putting a (guaranteed?) food recipe as a reward for the buried supplies quests (within the buried supplies chest itself) was a brilliant move. *Thumbs up*

Yes I love doing the buried treasures now, it gets me a power food item, a recipe and some much needed food, and I can do these at night, with caution of course.

What perk/attribute is vehicle crafting under? Only got to play for a few hours yesterday and must have passed over it.

Intellect, but to be honest I wouldn't bother you can buy/find vehicle parts/schematics, and buy complete vehicles from traders.

I had a lot of fun playing last night. Nomad seems about the right difficulty for me.

One thing I've noticed with RWG. I tend to be not very creative about picking seeds, and just use the current date (i.e. 20191007). This seems to almost always land me in a snow biome to start. I would expect you to use some kind of hash of the string to seed your RNG, but maybe you're not using a very good one? Or maybe you've made a conscious decision that similar seeds should generate similar worlds. Anyway, just something I've noticed.

See my post above. We've pretty much exhausted our options here. From every setting ingame, to every driver setting, to game start options like force3d9, to running windowed, vsync on/off, lowering resolution, updating drivers.

Something is seriously bottlenecking our GPU's :(

Are there more commands we can use with the 'gfx' command?

Windows updated? Open GL? Windowed mode? 30% free hard drive space? Drivers up to date? I don't know any more commands. Check reddit to see if they have discovered anything. Might have to wait or deal with crap performance until we get an update out.

that is what is happening now and this is early access to development as it is intended. :)

I honestly don't think this is intended.

You guys went to so much trouble and hard work making sure this would be a relatively smooth launch, because of what happened with a17, and when you look at the steam forums, this forum, and twitch, people are talking about the bad performance. (On the flip side, that seems to be about the only bad part of this release, so kudos for that :))

As far as this being an experimental to an early access game, yes that is true. But public perception being what it is, the real worlkd doesnt work that way. First impressions matter, no matter if it's experimental. That type of information just gets lost in the noise.

Hope you guys prepare a better launch for A19/Gold. :)

Intellect, but to be honest I wouldn't bother you can buy/find vehicle parts/schematics, and buy complete vehicles from traders.

For A19 do u plan to remove vehicle crafting perks. I will never perk into them so long as there is schematics, it would be cool to have something else in intellect instead, as a replacement

Windows updated? Open GL? Windowed mode? 30% free hard drive space? Drivers up to date? I don't know any more commands. Check reddit to see if they have discovered anything. Might have to wait or deal with crap performance until we get an update out.

I'm fine with waiting, am just looking to help narrow this problem down since there doesn't seem to be a solid lead yet.

Think i am just going to wait until this game is 100% completed. Got top of the range PC that can play everything on max but this game everything on low and have at to turn my computer off 5 times from the power button because its crashing it that much. Great game but this is not worth braking my PC over

I hope that is true! The game hasn't been like that in awhile. Either way, if that is the goal for how you want the game to be - then it's a good goal to have.

Yes we want new players to have some success, get some gear and feel like they have some balls, then cut them off, repeat several times.

For A19 do u plan to remove vehicle crafting perks. I will never perk into them so long as there is schematics, it would be cool to have something else in intellect instead, as a replacement

i think intellect should be used to make/unlock very special stuff like a rail-gun , thermite and others , better forges generators etc , making AND being a leader of a community of NPCs(idk about that one tho) making vehicles, Etc

its also survival of the smartest!

Question: Are vitamins supposed to prevent dysentery? If they are, I was able to get it drinking murky water after consuming vitamins. If not, perhaps the description on the vitamins should be updated to make that clear.

In my game the vitamin description says nothing about dysentery.

Archived