Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

The junk turrets seem overpowered.

Maybe limit their attack-angle or be a target for zombies or take longer to activate.

I agree it would be more interesting : protect your turret or die. I was surprised that it wasn't already the case but, who knows, in a few patches, we may get this feature.

One thing that stops me from playing alot is how hard it is to play solo, or maybe im just bad idk

oki... just lower the difficulty setting until YOU feel comfortable and enjoy the game with your own experience and not follow others... remember... its your game in single player and no one can tell you how to play. just enjoy it as you should.. there is no shame with enjoying it your way. :) keep your chin up and carry a big stick or gun.

all i think it could uses is change the price of the ammo. maybe some iron, and lead idk

At one point in the game, those will not be a high cost anymore.

Its just too easy to quickly dispatch them, and not need to fight.

-> this can push players to always have to use them.

So they should have some extra downsides.

For example needing 10 seconds to activate, and shutting down when too far away (needing reactivation).

I agree it would be more interesting : protect your turret or die. I was surprised that it wasn't already the case but, who knows, in a few patches, we may get this feature.

yeah like zombies beat at it and it would look all broken and you can pick it up. and its broken so you have to repair it. or if its in turret mode it can run out of air and you have to pick it up!

- - - Updated - - -

At one point in the game, those will not be a high cost anymore.

Its just too easy to quickly dispatch them, and not need to fight.

-> this can push players to always have to use them.

So they should have some extra downsides.

For example needing 10 seconds to activate, and shutting down when too far away (needing reactivation).

allow zombies to beat the ♥♥♥♥ out of it

Even at regular price, it's one of the best value games out there. My wife and myself easily have more than 2200 hours each, and at $20 a pop, that a fraction of the cost 0er hour of a was game.

And we can't WAIT to start up a new playthrough of a18.

They've given us SO much enjoyment that if there was a patreon for a a18 celebration party we would happily chip in.

I hate dlc because I'm cheap, yet I'd gladly chip in on a alpha release party.

Go figger.

I don't disagree that 7DtD has great value. I've already convinced several friends to pick up the game, but a few are still on the fence and a sale would be just the thing to tip 'em over to our side.

We will participate in the Halloween sale, whenever that is.

Thanks for the intel madmole! I totally forgot about the Steam Halloween sale being a thing.

As an expert in British cookery I can assure you warm crap tastes better than cold crap. :-)

I"m still a little disconcerted that eating freshly cooked items and tinned goods which are designed to be stored for a long time can give you food poisoning. It does seem a little counterintuitive.

Canned goods have 0% chance for food poisoning. Cooked foods are made from stuff you found/killed/farmed in radioctive zombie flesh fortified dirt so yes, you should have a chance to get food poisoning. Think of it as radiation or zombie virus fortified. Canned food was shielded from that so its safe.

The end result = food is finally a small issue, but no not really. I will be swimming in food and could puke 10x in a row with bad luck and be fine end game.

That isn't how it works.

Melee Damage - 14 (+10) means the item you compared does 4 damage and the current item is 10 greater.

Ok but still, displaying +X to something isn't very useful if you have to compare lots of stats. +X is a relative number and doesn't give you a sense of actual value and is much harder to memorize.

It is much better to show 2 actual damages side by side. I can calculate the difference myself but I will have a much easier time knowing my general level of stats.

For example: My current gun does about 50 damage VS it does +12 dmg compared to another gun i used to have and which stats i can't recall.

That is downright stupidity. Weight cutting by dehydration, if excessive, causes serious long term organ damage. Thirty pounds is more than 10% of his body weight....somebody doesn’t have his best interests in mind. If you or I were 10% dehydrated, we’d be in the hospital. However, by the time these guys health problems show up, MMA has long ago lost interest in them. I hope some day that MMA gets smart and goes by fight day weight.

Yeah its stupid they should just fight a normal weight and come up with a hydration test. Even high school kids cut weight for wrestling. If you want to compete in a lower weight class lose body fat.

As an expert in British cookery I can assure you warm crap tastes better than cold crap. :-)

I"m still a little disconcerted that eating freshly cooked items and tinned goods which are designed to be stored for a long time can give you food poisoning. It does seem a little counterintuitive.

Clearly, in their infinite wisdom, Shamway elected to use lead paint for the outside packaging of their canned "food" thereby protecting it from radiation.

Both Kage and Bearded guys are seeing duct tape shortages because so much needs duct tape now... maybe it needs a looting bump?

No they just don't play like a pro yet. Harvest every corpse on the road, hit a few barns, kill dogs and vultures, harvest harvest harvest. I have 100 duct tape sitting in a box, and I repair EVERY Q2 and above item I find. Those bull skulls in the desert? HARVEST EM. Once you get a chem station the recipe is cheaper and you'll swim in it, like anything in this game IF you put the effort in. They walk right by bones and so I can't blame them for not having enough.

Ok but still, displaying +X to something isn't very useful if you have to compare lots of stats. +X is a relative number and doesn't give you a sense of actual value and is much harder to memorize.

It is much better to show 2 actual damages side by side. I can calculate the difference myself but I will have a much easier time knowing my general level of stats.

For example: My current gun does about 50 damage VS it does +12 dmg compared to another gun i used to have and which stats i can't recall.

It shows the actual damage though before the + or -.

No they just don't play like a pro yet. Harvest every corpse on the road, hit a few barns, kill dogs and vultures, harvest harvest harvest. I have 100 duct tape sitting in a box, and I repair EVERY Q2 and above item I find. Those bull skulls in the desert? HARVEST EM. Once you get a chem station the recipe is cheaper and you'll swim in it, like anything in this game IF you put the effort in. They walk right by bones and so I can't blame them for not having enough.

Good to know you were on top of that. Kage should have had plenty since he was suffering in that desert the whole time...lol!

- - - Updated - - -

my head hurts now i need a drink

I'll drink to that!

Archived