Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Well, it reads: 5760/240 (oil shale), thus crafting ten oil with 5760 oil shale, unless I'm that blind. :p It's fine, it's fine; it's just a little bit exessive compared to previous alphas. Lol

That's Current Amount Held/Amount Required.

@Joe: Did you also change your oil shale max stack size down to 5760? I was able to start refining gas like a well-oiled... uh, oil refinery after that little edit.

Well, it reads: 5760/240 (oil shale), thus crafting ten oil with 5760 oil shale, unless I'm that blind. :p It's fine, it's fine; it's just a little bit exessive compared to previous alphas. Lol

War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength and, of course, scarcity is opulence ^^.

no... its not ok... you are confused. :)

A18.0_2019-10-05_13-05-28.jpg.ace5618bdd7ed9ef61288a9c012df5e6.jpg

same amount as 17.4 but no can now.

now it should be clearer :)

A question about food poisoning. After you get food poisoning you get the starving debuff and the only way to get rid of it is to eat more food, which can also result in getting food poisoning again. Seems like a vicious cycle you can get into.

Its so rare that would be unlikely.

Why do we have to wait till the streamers are done playing before we the paying members get to use A18? I see no benefit to having them have it first.

Streamers are for those who don't have the game, those of us who have 4 copies of 7DTD or even 1 copy don't really care to watch someone else play - we just want to play!

So lets get it Today/Sunday please.

@MM @Faatal @unholyjoe

Is this AI behavior a known issue or "work as intended"?

(getting the AI stuck in a loop - pathing , falling, and again trying the same path to no avail)

Grumbul`s chat was disappointed it still works, everyone kinda hoped he will die trying to cheese the 1st horde. ;)

the only time he got hit was when few zombies collided with each other forcing/allowing them to path differently.

luckily the random AI made sure at least few zombies were still a threat, hitting support blocks.

anyways, i like what i see so far, cant wait to get my hands on a18.

Why do we have to wait till the streamers are done playing before we the paying members get to use A18? I see no benefit to having them have it first.

Streamers are for those who don't have the game, those of us who have 4 copies of 7DTD or even 1 copy don't really care to watch someone else play - we just want to play!

1. We were going to get it on a Monday anyway. Having the Streamer Weekend does not shunt the public release time forward.

2. It's free advertisement.

3. It allows a little extra time with some extra eyes for any possible bugs to be detected.

4. Think of it in a similar light to privileged movie critics who get to see early screenings of movies before writing reviews before the movie actually releases, or gaming journalists/critics who write reviews of games beforehand. Other than the fact that watching the streamers (obviously) spoils a lot, there's little to no difference. You can just ignore the streamers (or go check them out, I highly encourage it; no sarcasm :)) and wait to Monday (unless an MF bug pops up and shunts the release date forward by a day or two). Be patient; it's only a few days.

After you throw the spear it should appear on the map so you can track it down in case you miss your target and get turned around in a fight. I seen this happen to Games4kickz last night. He lost sight of his spear and it blended right into the forest biome, took him a few minutes to find it.

Its so rare that would be unlikely.

Rolling garage doors can be put together in a square and opened resulting in an elevated platform that Zds can't hit (only spitters).

Nice exploit until you guys put a garage door frame to the model and make them hittable when open.

Saw that in Games4kickz stream.

Bugs are extremely rare and minor in this build. Why not release it today? ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ my nails.

Cheers!

its probably for publicity.

streamers stream and show off the game, people get hard one's , maybe get some people to buy it and the streamers get some money too through donations

while TFP they work things out with small bugs , they could get some money too there not a really big company (as far as Know), the pimps need to eat.

trust me i want to play it and it will suck for me cuz i have to wait on Tuesday due to my internet and after school for the rest of my week ill have test. but we just have to wait.

note: if it did come out this week end ill be complete lol

Impressions from a release/birthday party

Had a combined birthday/A18 release party yesterday. The fallout:

Storage boxes:

pic2.jpg.b3e03ef9003d3544ab45ac433156c9c8.jpg

Assorted moldy food, the green mash was created by a ~7 year old kid:

pic5.jpg.e4410a3fd6a06e24920c7bb5ec3cc20e.jpg

And a birthday card drawn by a 14 year old kid:

pic3.jpg.b0949bb953c5b4927dd66bebeab78248.jpg

pic1.jpg.81560681e23de86222e537fa1ecaf3ca.jpg

pic4.jpg.292c0ad5b314800218aa1c0096398de2.jpg

Archived