Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

No offense but almost every single one of you QA testers are not the greatest skilled players lol... I have never watched you play so this is does not apply to you but I have watched the others play and they SUCK at the game. Normally I would never make such a statement but this one time I had to sorry. The other testers really do not know how to play this game, there gameplay footage is proof of that lol. Sorry Twigg, Dollie, etc. ;)

As I say. Always be direct, honest and firm while be respectful. Hopefully I did all 4 of those things with this statement.

which is why most will not see me or my play style because i do not need young kids opinions on something i have done for decades.. sorry... but i play to enjoy my game. :)

which is why most will not see me or my play style because i do not need young kids opinions on something i have done for decades.. sorry... but i play to enjoy my game. :)

How much long term play time do you actually get? I mean when testing, you have to restart over and over again to check off that "new save" checkbox, right?

How much legit play time are you getting per alpha? Just curious.

I guess I should clarify as "larger than a garage poi". Hell, garage's have the best loot IMO. Couple those with the destroyed buildings, and you really don't ever need to hit a house. I do, for fun sometimes, but I avoid the bigger houses/dungeon crawls like the plague, because they're boring/tedious and not worth the risk/reward.

That makes more sense. Yes I would have to agree with you then.

EDIT: and yes indeed garages are a diamond in the dirt for loot. While running through a town if I come across a POI with a garage I'll stop loot the garage then get back to my travels.

What do you go there for?

I don't really. I hate having to watch every little step I take because of land mines.

EDIT: note that I do not really use roads as this would expose me to others players and I do not want my record of never having been killed by another. I'd hate for that record to be broken by good sniper that shoots my ass while im running or driving on the road.

So since I do not use roads...the land mines generally keep me out of the wasteland. If the watseland was actually a challenge I would go there a lot though. Figured I would add this since someone is going to be like "why don't you just stay on the roads". Then I would have to be like because strategicaly its stupid to be on the roads thats why...then a huge debate would start.

@Fataal: PLEASE tell me that the vehicle run/speed toggle was finally fixed. (It worked in a16 I think.)

If not, use a controller, set to night, and try to outrun vultures and zombies at night on a bicycle for 10 minutes.

The thumb cramps are REAL, and hearing your controller stick grinding isn't a sound I like to hear.

Hell, I'd be happy to wait for a18 longer if it was added to mf bugs, because its not something we can fix with a mod, and as it is it sucks the joy out of driving vehicles.

yes this +1. so annoying that in A17 you have to hold down the Thumb stick to run. please fix this, my thumbs livelihood demand it!

I don't really. I hate having to watch every little step I take because of land mines.

EDIT: note that I do not really use roads as this would expose me to others players and I do not want my record of never having been killed by another. I'd hate for that record to be broken by good sniper that shoots my ass while im running or driving on the road.

So since I do not use roads...the land mines generally keep me out of the wasteland. If the watseland was actually a challenge I would go there a lot though.

You have never had the crunch of finding brass apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

For the moment yes. But when wasteland will become a real dangerous biome, I guess a lot of good buildings will migrate in it and won't be found elsewhere.

That will be cool.

We've never supported a run toggle afaik.

hi mm. it was definitely in a16. wasn't in a15, but was a great relief to have in a16 and a disappointment not to have in a17 especially with that damned bike. ive stopped using vehicles mostly because of this.

would greatly appreciate it if it could go in. pretty please with sugar on top.

hi mm. it was definitely in a16. wasn't in a15, but was a great relief to have in a16 and a disappointment not to have in a17 especially with that damned bike. ive stopped using vehicles mostly because of this.

would greatly appreciate it if it could go in. pretty please with sugar on top.

The game has never had an auto run feature...what are you talking about????

Because you need about 2 to 4 wheels at most in any given play through. After that its like damn, what am I going to do with this stupid wheel?

The same thing we do with all the pipes that come out of cars, scrap it. Or toss it on the ground like the cloth and leather from cars that after the first few weeks you no longer need to save every bit of.

How much long term play time do you actually get? I mean when testing, you have to restart over and over again to check off that "new save" checkbox, right?

How much legit play time are you getting per alpha? Just curious.

I actually don't know how TFP have done it for so long. I've been working full time on a single project for 3 years and so I'm tired of working on it, I cringe every time I turn on my monitor at work.

I can't imagine any of them having fun playing their game. It wouldn't surprise me if few of them play legit, full games at all. Building something and having it working after working out tons of bugs only to scrap it all and do it again several times makes it all even worse... and we all know that has happened throughout the alphas.

I am very surprised that they don't have (or haven't had) a couple other projects going on to prevent themselves from getting sick mentally.

I actually don't know how TFP have done it for so long. I've been working full time on a single project for 3 years and so I'm tired of working on it, I cringe every time I turn on my monitor at work.

I can't imagine any of them having fun playing their game. It wouldn't surprise me if few of them play legit, full games at all. Building something and having it working after working out tons of bugs only to scrap it all and do it again several times makes it all even worse... and we all know that has happened throughout the alphas.

I am very surprised that they don't have (or haven't had) a couple other projects going on to prevent themselves from getting sick mentally.

i will not go into specifics... but yes some of us put in more time playing legit.. i can have my LTT game up and another instance of 7dtd for testing other things... no issues. :) and i still enjoy 7dtd.

Guest Piratenking
Its an abstract. Ah yes, lets make a huge mini game just to craft a tire and make vehicles complete inaccessible.

he would still need acid and polymers to repair it tho, like how does he want to repair it? using chewing gum? rofl

Archived