Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Jesus christ. You remind me of an early 80's James Hetfield there.

- - - Updated - - -

In relation to this... I REALLY miss Hub City from A15 and earlier.

I see TFP's point that they don't want a guaranteed city at 0,0 but I really, really miss knowing I can go to 0,0 and there will be a deadly wasteland, with a huge city FULL of ferals roaming the streets.

Cities really need more roamers.

People used to ask me if I was Dave Mustaine in the 80's

https://pm1.narvii.com/6220/432d2f96508d9bdab2088db9b3d352bb0129ff76_hq.jpg

A future alpha should bring a very scary wasteland.

A future alpha should bring a very scary wasteland.

:D...

some mutated animals should be in there like bears would look like this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_bKmk76YjzQEvpHhM1WcTdEu5DjWs4kKv_2QxJBcsSV64UkPC

some mutated plants could be there like glowing mushrooms that can use uses to make anti Rad drugs.

and a zombie there called the reaver that is so radioactive that he's bones are see through and can shot base of radiation at you and can heal and revive zombies

I am thinking of adding a bit tougher guys spawning at night to bring back that fear.

Remember El Chupacabras (i'm kidding...or am I?)

Edit: I think the fear factor goes more in how scary and fast they are, than how tougher they are. Example Dogs are not tough at all, but they are a little bit scary for the growls, the aesthetics, the speed, etc.

Hey Madmole any idea yet on when the A18 change log will be released I know a lot has been covered in the 1st and 2nd post. I am sure the rest of the community would like to see all of the changes you have made at least a day or two before we get lost in the new 7DTD.

Thanks to all at TFP for all of the hard work.

hey its not my fault that my generation is borderline retarded lol

Careful as the "borderline retarded" people will actually interpret the word retarded as an insult and not the fact its a medical diagnosis. lmfao

gotta love the snowflakes of this generation that twists the meaning of words so they can try and justify getting mad for no reason.

fixed it!

noooo you were right on the first time. If someone eats a tidepod they are indeed "retarded" and if they do not know that they need to see a doctor and gets diagnosed as a retard. ;)

EDIT: but then again one of my best friends is retarded and he is not dumb enough to eat a tidepod....maybe we need a new name for this generation. not sure what to call them.

I am thinking of adding a bit tougher guys spawning at night to bring back that fear.

PS:

I'm really not that hairy of a guy, but shoulders and back started spawning hair in my 40's for no apparent reason and that b & w pick makes it look worse than it really is.

maybe a zombie that only come out at night there Fast , stronge , and have large Glowing eyes and breathes loudly. he can climb , Leap and Tear you to pieces. they have large Claws , Big gorilla like jaws and have bone plating on him.

now he is very strong and drops a lot of xp, and early game you are hunted by them but later you become the hunter you can hunt them for large amounts of XP but even when your armed to the teeth you need to be careful. because they can call more nearby and are very smart

but they have a weakness . Light they fear it and stay away from it. but over time they become resistant to it and try to maul but some work better then others, for example "street lights and spotlights are better than mining helmets and flashlights.

but they just become slightly weaker and slower

- - - Updated - - -

noooo you were right on the first time. If someone eats a tidepod they are indeed "retarded" and if they do not know that they need to see a doctor and gets diagnosed as a retard. ;)

EDIT: but then again one of my best friends is retarded and he is not dumb enough to eat a tidepod....maybe we need a new name for this generation. not sure what to call them.

Broken

Anyone is doing pvp? if yes, what are some viable designs for a pvp base, besides the tower of doom. Are there any changes planned that will affect pvp?

Oh I got some designs that all have failed to raid...but I will not give those designs away or else others might actually be a challenge to raid in PVP servers, lol.

None of my bases have every been over run by zombies, besides early game, and I do not use any traps at all.

I do not not exploit the pathing either, only cowards do that. I cannot stand players that do that exploit. whats the point in horde night if you are jsut going to have the zombies go round and round and never go after you...makes no sense. Cowards and cheaters are mind boggling I tell you, I just don't get them at all....

Game is wicked easy. ahhhh sorry for the rant lol.

I have faith in the event system to come.

When every POI is loaded, very few people like that. Same goes if they were all empty. Same applies to outside. If zombies are everywhere, there are no surprises and it is constantly taxing on any system running the game. If there are none, then the game is dull.

They will have more control over things, and I wouldn’t doubt they would be able to do something to have event that occur in cities to make them interesting.

All it takes is 3-4 dogs to be interesting at any given moment. In a city you could increase the chance or frequency of a random encounter and make it feel pretty busy. A18 POI balance feels great to me. Pacing is important. I'm sure we'll land on a decent setup in another alpha or so.

All it takes is 3-4 dogs to be interesting at any given moment. In a city you could increase the chance or frequency of a random encounter and make it feel pretty busy. A18 POI balance feels great to me. Pacing is important. I'm sure we'll land on a decent setup in another alpha or so.

(deleted)

Single zombies wandering around is flat out not interesting.

That's what was going on when they were all biome spawns.

Zombie packs wandering around is more interesting than a random distribution because that is something you interact with. You either evade or engage them.

A system of random encounters can also be more varied than "yet more zombies".

The current "wandering hordes" are not even close to what we would want.

Why not just make it an option, configurable. So default would be as-is now, for the potatoes out there. But for everyone else who wants more zombies you could have them. I have seen many more Z roaming in some of the mods, especially in the wild, and I had no performance issues. I would like more too, yes, but I also understand why they have it set where it is now.

Friday can't get here quick enough(well Monday for us), we're all just nitpicking while we wait at this point. FFS people I've been getting my fix via Minecraft and I'm bored, even though the RLcraft mod made it fun again(so much death, everywhere), but that is getting old now too. Anyway, for this issue why not just leave it as it is and just add another damn option amongst the many others and put this debate to an end already, seems like a win-win for both sides.

No performance issues but you could go inside and not get your sleepers because max alive is met from too many zeds outdoors. Trust me everything adds up, and going back to the old way is not good for the game. We're trying to be responsible here. Outdoor zeds are still there, just not as thick. They respawn faster so all in all probably about the same, just not as many alive at once eating cpu.

Single zombies wandering around is flat out not interesting.

That's what was going on when they were all biome spawns.

Zombie packs wandering around is more interesting than a random distribution because that is something you interact with. You either evade or engage them.

A system of random encounters can also be more varied than "yet more zombies".

The current "wandering hordes" are not even close to what we would want.

that would make things very interesting

Wheels are the weirdest thing in the game... There's about a billion of then lying around, that you can't use because they turn to plastic, but you can make one from scratch with plastic, coal and acid? Doesn't make any kind of sense... It's like they forced wheels into a 7day world with no additional items...

A pickup, repair situation would have been much better. Find/craft tire patches, add an air compressor station (be no more useless than a table saw)...

Its an abstract. Ah yes, lets make a huge mini game just to craft a tire and make vehicles complete inaccessible.

Archived