Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Can't divide on zero, and can't break what is not there.

disclaimer:

Immersion might be better in A18, at least the soundtrack.

hundreds of random POIs with no grass kills immersion thus A18 will be the least immersive out of the last few alphas. although you make a good point about music but I fear not even the music can make up for that eye sore.

Link or what page???

Use the search to filter and read Fataal's posts. Why to do expect me to do the work you should be doing yourself?

Use the search to filter and read Fataal's posts. Why to do expect me to do the work you should be doing yourself?

because its always a good thing to ask a person that is claiming something for proof. More often than not players just run there mouth like they know what they are saying when they do not. That or you have those players that just love believing what someone says without proof. If I ask someone to provide a link or proof for a claim they are making and they do not, that tells me that person is full of ♥♥♥♥. I'm not saying you are, just sayin.

.................... i didnt know what to do lol

Weird? Maybe, but I collect all sorts of crap in other games to make something, so its just a game mechanic to me. It could be called acid, rubber cement, they could use tar, black dye, rubber, whatever.. its just a resource I need to gather to make them, and I don;t really care too much what its called.

I figured they would rename the resource at some point to something more logical once they nail all the real harder work.

These are very good points. People tend to get hung up on the little crap that does not matter.

These are very good points. People tend to get hung up on the little crap that does not matter.

there like the bugs i uses for spices for my sham chowder

they just keep coming and never stop coming

there like the bugs i uses for spices for my sham chowder

they just keep coming and never stop coming

They just keep coming? don't you mean Snowdog just keeps coming and never stops coming....

Wheels are the weirdest thing in the game... There's about a billion of then lying around, that you can't use because they turn to plastic, but you can make one from scratch with plastic, coal and acid? Doesn't make any kind of sense... It's like they forced wheels into a 7day world with no additional items...

A pickup, repair situation would have been much better. Find/craft tire patches, add an air compressor station (be no more useless than a table saw)...

incorrect about a billion of them lying around... what you see are tires not wheels. :)

tire.jpg.0afb8c50b99438377dced1fc995f000f.jpg

incorrect about a billion of them lying around... what you see are tires not wheels. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29199[/ATTACH]

I was going to point this out to guppycur lol....we are making the inner tube. plenty of tires to collect. someone lacks imagination *cough Guppycur cough*

Just joking Guppycur ;)

Like grass ;)

Cheers

Normal level, and I guess Madmole is playing normal level too.

I play old normal (Nomad), which is new +1 difficulty level. I'm thinking of putting on my big boy pants and trying 16 alive on my next character, or later game once I get my traps going (starting on a new more efficient dart trap design)

I've only enabled power on the vault class doors, I don't think those would look good in a powered hatch bridge setup like the ones you are using. Maybe next alpha we can make some dedicated powered foot bridge pieces.

I only make those bridges out of vault hatches but for the sake of taking thsoe pics. Indeed using Vault hatches is really ugly looking when making a bridge out of them but they last longer. I used the lesser hatches as those would have been easier to destroy should I have made a mistake while building that bridge. A dedicated powered foot bridges is not a bad idea at all, I would not mind seeing that in game.

7 days...

851083c67369b1e11a7c3db3837fc757.png

I feel like there are less "bad deaths" and more "good deaths" in 18.

Oh, I figured you were planning more on a motion sensor. Walk up to your mini drawbridge and open sesame.

I'm not sure one will work on a stair case but the more I think about it a foot bridge is better so it would work great for that.

I play old normal (Nomad), which is new +1 difficulty level. I'm thinking of putting on my big boy pants and trying 16 alive on my next character, or later game once I get my traps going (starting on a new more efficient dart trap design)

What are the difficulty levels now?

Wheels are the weirdest thing in the game... There's about a billion of then lying around, that you can't use because they turn to plastic, but you can make one from scratch with plastic, coal and acid? Doesn't make any kind of sense... It's like they forced wheels into a 7day world with no additional items...

A pickup, repair situation would have been much better. Find/craft tire patches, add an air compressor station (be no more useless than a table saw)...

The reason there are so many tires around the map is because when no one is looking the zombies get together on the street and rolls tires to each other. its a stupid game they play but zombies really seem to enjoy it a lot, thats why you find random tires laying on the streets.

Rumors are that a lot of zombies have traveled to New York for the big tire rolling contest, this explains why there are less zombies in the wild in A17.