Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

@Madmole

here is an example i through together real fast of just the most basic of design. I like creating much more complicated ones.

20190929223603-1.jpg

20190929223552-1.jpg

20190929223531-1.jpg

20190929223520-1.jpg

I've only enabled power on the vault class doors, I don't think those would look good in a powered hatch bridge setup like the ones you are using. Maybe next alpha we can make some dedicated powered foot bridge pieces.

Hey...I'm a streamer. I was streaming this afternoon in fact. I swear the world grew hills that didn't exist on the way out and thought I was going to roll the 4x4 and blow up on the way back to base.

....how do I make sure I'm in on the "...to Streamers"?

You have to have 5k subs and apply.

Do you actually know which chemicals allow you to recycle/refurbish rubber and if it even is possible? I don't. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

Rename it to "Chemicals" and only real chemists will blink an eye.

Technically TFP are right. Acetone is a very weak acid and would work (eventually) in Devulcanizing the rubber so you could (somehow) form it into a tire shape and vulcanize it again.

My brother who is a chemical engineer said he would make tires from wood before he tried it. :)

I've only enabled power on the vault class doors, I don't think those would look good in a powered hatch bridge setup like the ones you are using. Maybe next alpha we can make some dedicated powered foot bridge pieces.

makes sense that the Vault doors can be opened with power.

iron maybe buts its a stretch

wood doesn't make sense because its wood.. its weaker then a wall of toothpicks

@faatal, is it possible to make sure that zombies do not see the player through the dense foliage of young pines?

Now in 17 Alpha it turns out unfairly, when I go into the foliage of young pines, I can’t see zombies, but they see me perfectly.

They can't see you through the trees. They can hear you though. Whatever turned them into zombies made their hands much tougher than normal, gave some of them super-human abilities, and made their hearing a lot more sensitive than normal.

Not sure if it is really a bug, When you enter quest, the POI is kinda remove and re laid, so it doesn't know status of previous item in it's area and hence it get new layout and new grass. I guess we can live with that small thing. Please don't make it MFs lol

The game had no issues for grass growing back before...so yeah the game can do it.

EDIT: unless I'm remembering wrong but I could swear grass always respawned when the poi reset.

Also I think the no grass is fine for release for exp-branch but not the stable version IMO. Could you imagine an online server that has been running lets say for a month. You would have hundreds of random POI that have 0 grass.

1. it looks really stupid

2. its immersion breaking

A little question :

Is there any plans to have an option to remove traders from the map ? To be honest, I'd rather not have the opportunity to buy books and mods from the merchants.

Or - damn it's 2 questions - is it possible to change the stock of the merchants in xml (never took the time to have a look) ?

(sorry for my accent)

Probably not since the game balance and whole planned storyline includes them. You can remove them in xml, or you could just, um.. not visit them. But that also means no quests at all.

The game had no issues for grass growing back before...so yeah the game can do it.

EDIT: unless I'm remembering wrong but I could swear grass always respawned when the poi reset.

That is what I said, when quest marker get activated, it recreate POI, and hence the grass change/removed and looks odd to eye, but it is not something serious.

i just plant it back lol

See my issue I'm very concerned for wild life. The bugs and animals need grass to live. Plus can you imagine what Neebs is going to say when he finds out about this? that dude loves animals and I think he would agree. The animals need grass. Its the end of the world man the least they can have is a good meal to eat before a zombie eats um. R.I.P hungry cows, if only they had grass... :(. =P

See my issue I'm very concerned for wild life. The bugs and animals need grass to live. Plus can you imagine what Neebs is going to say when he finds out about this? that dude loves animals and I think he would agree. The animals need grass. Its the end of the world man the least they can have is a good meal to eat before a zombie eats um. =P

screw those bugs they give me extra protein! i need that in the apocalypse

Ya know, you *could* make that switch from boy to man and use a keyboard and mouse... :)

/Gonna get you to switch one day

I used to play that way when I was on a desktop at a desk, but with a wireless keyboard that cuts out 5% of the time 10 feet from a 75" 4k tv on a couch, its just not happening. Wireless keyboards aren't really designed to be used well at any distance away. Marci gets the 65" and a desk. (Thats what I use to work on and for modding.)

(I probably played b/mouse for like 13-20 years, but even my old atari and amiga computers had Wico Bat handle joysticks, just like the arcade sticks. They were built so well that now almost 40 years later they still work great!)

The game advertises full controller support, and it USED to have it properly.. it broke it either a16 or 17, and none of the testers were really even using them, so no one really saw the issue. They all seem to think someone else fixed it, but I don't even know if it was written up properly as a bug, even though I've reported it like 15 times.

screw those bugs they give me extra protein! i need that in the apocalypse

but without grass the bugs have no overhead protection from rain...and nothing to climb should it rain hard. If all the bugs die then you have cannot have your favorite meal of, hand full of maggots. See grass is essential, it makes the world go round lol.

I doubt the saw is in a18 with the new shape menu thingie, but it's not even so much that I expect tires to be functional if found, it's more that the recipe is REALLY weird, and could be better.

...no one finds it odd that the biggest hold up go getting vehicles is acid for wheels?

In the real world, maybe. I'm not into rubber refining or reshaping.

In 7d2d world.. i wouldn't even blink if it required glass and nails. Their logic have brought me many a chuckle and facepalms over the years. I still think shooting the casings instead of the bullets was the best.

but without grass the bugs have no overhead protection from rain...and nothing to climb should it rain hard. If all the bugs die then you have cannot have your favorite meal of, hand full of maggots. See grass is essential, it makes the world go round lol.

EXTRA PROTEIN

i need them cuz im all out of spice for my meat stew

I doubt the saw is in a18 with the new shape menu thingie, but it's not even so much that I expect tires to be functional if found, it's more that the recipe is REALLY weird, and could be better.

...no one finds it odd that the biggest hold up go getting vehicles is acid for wheels?

Weird? Maybe, but I collect all sorts of crap in other games to make something, so its just a game mechanic to me. It could be called acid, rubber cement, they could use tar, black dye, rubber, whatever.. its just a resource I need to gather to make them, and I don;t really care too much what its called.

I figured they would rename the resource at some point to something more logical once they nail all the real harder work.

ahhh I never have issues with collecting enough acid for tire crafting by the time I am ready to make a vehicle. From day 1 I always collect every bottle of acid I come across. I can only remember one time in A17 where I was 1 short of acid and had to go looking for it.

Archived