Sign in to follow this  
madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

We're talking the 6th. Half the internet will have it by then anyway because streamers leak codes.

You guys rock. 👍

Why is that not on a painting in the game?

Make it happen.

It should be a painting you can loot and hang in your base.

Hallucinogenic mushrooms that grow underground that make you see and hear zombies.

Improving your looting skills

On the one hand, you'll get more stuff, on the other hand, you'll see and hear zombies everywhere. I could see that being fun somehow.

Improving your looting skills

On the one hand, you'll get more stuff, on the other hand, you'll see and hear zombies everywhere. I could see that being fun somehow.

well shrooms do not generally make you hear things and they do not create visuals that are not there, if that makes sense. Shroom hallucinations are typically just seeing all kinds of colors and making you feel one with mother nature and the feeling of not wanting to be around tech or anything man made. Still though, I fully support the idea of shrooms being in game and in all video games for that matter lol.

Edited by ZombieSurvivor (see edit history)

Faatal I read that you adjusted the zombie attack block

to include overhead hatches. Thank you.

I have two questions regarding that.

Will there be an xml option to allow them to attack any

block above if player is unreachable, or is that

inferred/included in the hatch code?

The second question is it possible to have the hand damage

sphere be associated with x -x, y -y, z distance. It would

no longer be a sphere more of a distended cylinder?

I ask because i didn't know if a generic sphere is the only

control point shape for arm swing.

but the farther you throw it. the more damage(with a limit of course)

That makes absolutely no sense. If anything damage should decrease with range. The spear starts losing power the instant it leaves your hand.

well shrooms do not generally make you hear things and they do not create visuals that are not there, if that makes sense. Shroom hallucinations are typically just seeing all kinds of colors and making you feel one with mother nature and the feeling of not wanting to be around tech or anything man made. Still though, I fully support the idea of shrooms being in game and in all video games for that matter lol.

I disagree, on my trips I've seen the walls breath, tree spirits, deer surrounding me and heard plants whisper. My last trip everything turned to brown clay visually and texturally. I then watched my hand go through all the stages of decomposition to the point it fell off visually. Had the most euphoric feelings imaginable too.

People all respond differently I suppose.

Anyway, back on topic. Madmole did you record that day 35 horde yet, wanna see some demolishers👀

• Like 1

Why does the glass panel need to be removed? Is it just annoying junk to everyone?

Personally, the only use I've had for glass panels, is to put in the foge. But that's assuming they even make it to the forge, if the inventory gets full I just scrap them for broken glass (which I usually have anyway).

I used to use them for windows, but honestly, they don't look that great and could easily be replaced by window panes.

My advice: If you keep them, only put them in containers that make sense (like building supply crates). Everywhere else, just use broken glass.

I've heard it takes 10 positives to wipe out one negative.

It just has to be an even number of negatives truth be told. ;)

I disagree, on my trips I've seen the walls breath, tree spirits, deer surrounding me and heard plants whisper. My last trip everything turned to brown clay visually and texturally. I then watched my hand go through all the stages of decomposition to the point it fell off visually. Had the most euphoric feelings imaginable too.

People all respond differently I suppose.

Anyway, back on topic. Madmole did you record that day 35 horde yet, wanna see some demolishers👀

damn, I guess so. Only problem is your the first I have ever heard of having a trip that strong. weird..... I think I hold the record for eating the most shrooms at once and that was the only time i ever seen visuals like that. every other time it was as I described and same with everyone I have ever met and done it with. Maybe you had extremely strong stuff. anyways lets not go off top to much lol.

Personally, the only use I've had for glass panels, is to put in the foge. But that's assuming they even make it to the forge, if the inventory gets full I just scrap them for broken glass (which I usually have anyway).

I always throw out broken glass. This is a security measure to prevent accidentally clicking on use or using the shortcut.

I've never seen patch notes that include every single tiny little change. That would be a list like a mile long when it comes to these big updates.

Not that it matters - but, in most software teams, that's exactly what you do. There are even tools that do this automatically, e.g. you assign a version number to tickets Jira and it prints out a list of all the ticket descriptions associated with that version.

Those lists are usually for other devs though, which is why it doesn't matter much in this context.

I am a hoarder (aren't we all?), I take everything to my base, but throw away glass planes/broken glass immediately.

No not all of us. I have a very strategic way of playing and what to carry and not is very important. Having said that, who in the world would carry glass planes/broken glass that just makes no sense to me lol. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Not that it matters - but, in most software teams, that's exactly what you do. There are even tools that do this automatically, e.g. you assign a version number to tickets Jira and it prints out a list of all the ticket descriptions associated with that version.

Those lists are usually for other devs though, which is why it doesn't matter much in this context.

I was talking about release notes for the public.

damn, I guess so. Only problem is your the first I have ever heard of having a trip that strong. weird..... I think I hold the record for eating the most shrooms at once and that was the only time i ever seen visuals like that. every other time it was as I described and same with everyone I have ever met and done it with. Maybe you had extremely strong stuff. anyways lets not go off top to much lol.

Ya, my friends never trip as hard as me, but my brain is literately wired different, I have strong Synesthesia and am a HFA. So many of my life experiences, not just shrooms are very different from neurotypicals. Still haven't tried DMT, though I want to. But yes let's not go too off topic. Roland loves removing my posts, probably because they are so weird to him lol:biggrin-new:

Ya, my friends never trip as hard as me, but my brain is literately wired different, I have strong Synesthesia and am a HFA. So many of my life experiences, not just shrooms is very different from neurotypicals. Still haven't tried DMT, though I want to. But yes let's not go too off topic. Roland loves removing my posts, probably because they are so weird to him lol:biggrin-new:

lol. I'm going to research everything you said. I find this very fascinating, especially psychology and how peoples brains are wired. Roland is just jealous he misses out on all the "weird" conversations lol....just joking Roland do not come back from the future and terminate me for that :)

We've never had more zombies than since a17. It was set to 64 max alive since alpha 1, its 80 something now I think. When we didn't have sleepers there might have been more in the wild but there was never any inside unless a designer hand placed one and he'd break out anyway and die from old age half the time. Having interesting sleepers beats a bunch of guys spinning circles outdoors and no zombies inside at all protecting loot. Now with zombies outside and unlimited zombies inside, there are more zombies than there ever has been.

You're doing it again (comparing apples to oranges to prove a point).

We aren't talking about max alive, that ONLY applies now on horde nights, whereas it USED to possibly apply on city spawns too, (which by the way, since you do allow 64 or 80 for horde nights, *not* allowing it for exterior spawns because of "performance reasons" isn't a great excuse), but you're also saying having sleepers beats a totally unrelated problem of spinning zombies, which does nothing for your argument. Apples and um, I guess cable cars, in that instance. No relationship.

And there aren't unlimited zombies inside, there's 1) the aforementioned maxAlive, and 2) the volume max, since we are taking about at the same time.

I really, REALLY, wish you'd consider keeping the sleeper system for inside, and keeping the aggressive count of zombies in towns on the outside. You'll still never hit the maxAlive to juke the game to not spawn sleepers, and even if you somehow manage it, having 64 (or 80) zombies beating down the walls and doors of the poi you're in to get you is *way* more thrilling than watching them from the next room spawn in, taking a few shots to soften them up, and defeating them because you know they're going to be in rafters and closets.

... And do you know how I know it is way more thrilling? Because horde nights are when you're in a poi and zombies are beating down the doors and walls to get to you. And it's more thrilling.

And before you bring up the upcoming encounter system, while that sounds interesting and all, it won't take the place of coming over a hill and seeing the dead walk the streets of a town or city, dogs patrolling, making you think twice about going into town for the daily loot fests...

City masks will hopefully allow us the honor of actually having to deal with hordes of zombies in your zombie game... Because the 8 we get at a time on horde nights, and the 1 to 8 we get in each volume, doth not a horde make.

For the sake of balance, the drift of a spear for a throw can be made longer, you can also make a separate animation for raising a spear so that you need to spend some time ... in this case, you can do more damage from a spear throw ...

P.S. I hope the horse which I beat is not dead yet =)

We're not interested in spear feedback until its released.

Every time someone puts too and too together it's so extra...

This must be killing your inner teacher Roland lol

i didn't know they could do that????

i though they had to sign a contract or something!??!

ik im a idiot

They don't want to stream alone, so they give it to their buddy to play on their server, and their buddy ... well he's not under NDA so it basically gets leaked.

I'm sure that's partly true however it's a +/- resource game based on constraints of minimum computer requirements. Add implementation A at what cost, subtract implementation B to what gain. Rinse and repeat until satisfied with end product.

Well if we can have high zombie counts on horde nights (up to 80 now I guess?), then there's no reason we can't have that at other times.

- - - Updated - - -

It just has to be an even number of negatives truth be told. ;)

So 5 positives can never be balanced because the negatives have to be even numbers? ;-)