Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I have always enjoyed playing 7D2D, and after taking a small break from the game glad to back to playing it daily. I know that A18 is lock, but have a question for Dev team. Is there any plan to put in some kind of sound detection/direction aspect to the game. As of A17.4 sounds from a zombie seem to come from all around, and not from one direction. Simple form of the question would be. "If a zombie is in the house in front of me moaning and breaking down the door. The sound come from in front of me or behind me if I was facing the other way."

Thank you to the Dev Team for continuing to make a great game.

You probably missed #backpackgate that is happening about every 6 months in this forum. Essentially backpack space is always less than people want or too big depending on who you ask.

According to TFP backpack space is deliberately limited to make you choose what to take with you and what to leave behind, like other survival games do too(?). There is always the method to organize your scavenging operations with sub-bases or and storage chests in front of POIs. Or using a backpack mod.

I felt backpack space to be a bit constricting in A16 when part of the backpack was really closed off until you learned packmule. Now in A17 I have the full space available from the start and can't remember ever thinking of it as a problem. Maybe I just got used to it.

In that last paragraph, you're mistaken. I played the ♥♥♥♥ out of a16 and I can tell you with no uncertainty that every space in your backpack was open from day 1. You may be remembering early preview videos of a17 when the original idea was to lock encumbrance slots rather than be slowed down by having them filled. A16 didn't have encumbrance slots or bonus slots that could be unlocked with a perk, but it did have a smaller backpack.

Hey Joel, I am getting wicked ansy for this alpha to come out.

I have an idea for alpha 19 or 20.

Why not have a custom skill tree that the player can configure?

Have the 10 levels like normal, but let the player pick which skills that can go into it.

I apologize if it has been talked about already.

Keep up the great work.

I can see the inspiration now that MM mentions it

I was thinking about the whole inspiration thing and I keep going back to my days growing up playing Dungeons & Dragons. I started flipping through some books and there is an insane amount of material on undead. Far more than all the movies combined. Now I'm inspired to start a game with my kids since all three of them are now old enough to play. Good way to pass the time till a18.

So is the 50% to bring it up to normal forge input/output? I mean is the forge 50% slower than a forge now and the mods just bring it to what a forge does now or does it make it 50% faster than a forge is now

Oh hell no. I even sped up stone and cement smelting, that crap was killing me.

I have always enjoyed playing 7D2D, and after taking a small break from the game glad to back to playing it daily. I know that A18 is lock, but have a question for Dev team. Is there any plan to put in some kind of sound detection/direction aspect to the game. As of A17.4 sounds from a zombie seem to come from all around, and not from one direction. Simple form of the question would be. "If a zombie is in the house in front of me moaning and breaking down the door. The sound come from in front of me or behind me if I was facing the other way."

Thank you to the Dev Team for continuing to make a great game.

We haven't overhauled the sound engine, but I never really felt like the sound position was off.

Hey Joel, I am getting wicked ansy for this alpha to come out.

I have an idea for alpha 19 or 20.

Why not have a custom skill tree that the player can configure?

Have the 10 levels like normal, but let the player pick which skills that can go into it.

I apologize if it has been talked about already.

Keep up the great work.

We're happy with what we have, it doesn't need much now, just a bit more balance you guys will give us feedback on soon.

I was thinking about the whole inspiration thing and I keep going back to my days growing up playing Dungeons & Dragons. I started flipping through some books and there is an insane amount of material on undead. Far more than all the movies combined. Now I'm inspired to start a game with my kids since all three of them are now old enough to play. Good way to pass the time till a18.

Graphics were amazing back then too :)

Do we have any idea when this new alpha will be ready? I wanna play it so bad!

Also, Joel, how about holding a contest for artists to submit their special zombie ideas? Winners get their zombies in the game, that could be a lot of fun!

Oct 4th to streamers.. 6th or 7th hopefully if they don't uncover anything too nasty.

He's cool because he can jump a long distance (pounce) like spiders, and is faster than anything in the game, so if you can't kill it, run and don't look back.

Look at the claws on that thing! I noticed the Pass N Gas sign in the background, if I encountered that I would pass some gas too, along with some lumps...

Archived