Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Wait... You used 'or'. Are you trying to mislead us by implying you can't be both at the same time?

(I'll also let YOU decide if YOU means YOU or anyone...)

(Maybe we need fully qualified geologist answer. And I'll be fine with it as I am sure DV even knows math by the type of games he plays...)

; - )

Lol what games did you have in mind? The witcher 3 comes after part 2.. but i don't think that's very advanced math ^-^

Not so useless if you are late game playing nomadic, not gonna argue.

Mods on vehicles such as this one, could add cool experience in MP.

A one can upgrade to utility 4x4 vehicle for repair and make tools/weapons/armour for the team.

Another could have the blue color dye.

Third one could have a turret installed.

Might there be a one with extra storage for miners or geologists to explore and gather stuff for bases between the bioms, but with lowered speed and lowered HP.

The one who is the fifth wheel in the team could just walk, cursing, too.

#futureisbright

It's cute that you thought of me <3

- - - Updated - - -

I’m a wiki of modern......... adult films

Modern for you? That's at least 2 geological epochs away from my definition of modern.

I just watched a documentery about that clean up. Thank for your clean up services my dude! :)

Combined forces mission, the Air Force flew us out there, the Navy took us from island to island, hauled debris to Runit's Cactus Crater &

The Combat Engineer's picked everything up...

Guess who I was...

What do you mean? I'm starting to feel that the amount of items in the game are starting to be quite a bit more than even a scrapper can afford to manage. Leaving chests left and right gets old and annoying real fast.

Some kind of storage mod for vehicles and backpacks for the player would be awesome.

Bethesda uses a list with weights, so they don't have this particular problem. The way to go here would be backpacks for the player and mods for vehicles.

This game is getting rich in content, so the inventory problem is real.

I meant whatever you were asking for might come in alpha 19 to 21.

after a rainstorm or snowstorm, radiation levels are lowered for a little while until it evaporates and brings it back up. not very scientific, but barely plausible.

I'd rather find the gear and then feel rewarded I can try to get in there to get some stuff, than have it fluctuating. I want it consistent so players know immediately this is a bad place. Imagine a use case where you join a server when its "low" and you run in there, then it goes to normal and you die and cannot get your stuff back.

Wouldn`t that require some sort of weather awareness in the biomes, like a forecast for when it could be possible to creep around with less harm by radiation. This of course, in a matter to take advantage of this change of levels, otherwise would be just a random event happening somewhere that just sucks resources.

Just thoughts here, sounds like a cool dynamics, but probably too complicated.

It is, for reasons I stated and many I didn't :)

Bubo - I normally love your images. But I had tons of bad dreams after seeing Karen Black and Trilogy of Terror the first time. (And even though I am almost as old as a rock - I was pretty young then... And I'll let you decide if it was Karen Black or the movie that I am referencing.... There's that 'or' again...). QB

LOL terrizing kids since 1975. I'm surprised they don't do a remake with modern CG.

I'm an Atomic Cleanup Veteran that cleaned up the Nuclear Test Range in the Marshall Islands & it was hotter than Chernobyl.

They were just sampled again 40 years later this summer & they are still hotter than Chernobyl, so much for the cleanup...

No protective clothing or decontamination stations, picked the ♥♥♥♥ up with our bare hands so I'm very comfortable in this apocalyptical game.

Lojwa Animal, buy our book;

https://www.atomiccleanupvets.com/2017/09/21/from-service-to-sacrifice/

So what happen with the Play Test MM, your Base Crash & Burn on Horde Night?

No I've just been busy stomping out new bugs that surfaced. I'll be back at it in 15 minutes :)

@mm or anyone else: Does anyone know if lcb decay bug has been fixed for a18? LCB still having protection after decay time is expired has been a minor but problematic bug for pvp servers a17. Even though the lcb is expired, other players can place blocks and such the area is still under protected coverage to raid. Has this been fixed? thanks.

another question: how many bugs left?

No idea, sorry.

9 mf.

About upgrading vehicules : 4x4 is pretty useless in solo, could be nice to have mods like a little workbench or a lab on the back seat...

What? I love the 4x4, I go out for 3 days and loot and loot and loot. All the other vehicles I have to go home and drop gear off every day.

Oh God no. Fallout building system is horrible. I much prefer the freedom of block by block building in 7dtd. Being stuck with whole wall segments? No thank you.

Key words: With mods. There were 1/2 walls, 1/4 walls, 1/8 walls, nice snap points. Hell no to one block per meter dude. I want to put 20 clutter items on a desktop, not one. I want to rotate my walls 274.3 degrees. I want to build not on a grid.

The best solution is a hybrid, both have pros and cons. But less than 1 meter thick walls with decorations on them? Yes please.

@Madmole, did it make it into the trader in A18 to be able to buy purely aethetic items like refrigerators, microwaves, coffee pots, etc? I'm hoping because I like to run my server completely unmodded. *fingers crossed*

:dog:

I don't think so. There is some useless ♥♥♥♥ in there. As I said I want to be able to collect that stuff at pOIS with a radial menu hand icon and pickup timer. Then we don't clutter up traders with metal corner pipes and useless bs.

Imagine a use case where you join a server when its "low" and you run in there, then it goes to normal and you die and cannot get your stuff back.

That would be bad. I know from experience. I was blessed with dying on my first day three games in a row when A17.0 launched and I kept getting random rad zones in the middle of my maps. It was a very bad first impression of A17 for me. If I were new to 7D2D, it may have steered me away from the game.

I don't think so. There is some useless ♥♥♥♥ in there. As I said I want to be able to collect that stuff at pOIS with a radial menu hand icon and pickup timer. Then we don't clutter up traders with metal corner pipes and useless bs.

Hey, as long as we can acquire them legitimately in survival (but the creative menu suffices for now), that would be fantastic imo. (: But again, this is fluff.

Non digging zombies is game breaking though. We'll improve it so they follow the way you go in most cases.

Maybe limit digging to ferals? That way, in addition to better pathing there's less swiss cheese landscape and wreckage by RHs but still a balanced way for blood moon hordes to attack bunker bases?

That would be bad. I know from experience. I was blessed with dying on my first day three games in a row when A17.0 launched and I kept getting random rad zones in the middle of my maps. It was a very bad first impression of A17 for me. If I were new to 7D2D, it may have steered me away from the game.

I remember that bug it sucked. I explained to countless players that it was a bug and then of course you have the players who like to argue and say it was a feature lol. They were such a pain to convince it was a bug.

#ArgumentativePeopleAnnoying

Interesting how people reason. MadMole frequently touts this game with a blunt Majority-Over-Minority attitude regarding player preferences and suggestions.

I wonder, if Australia is one of a few countries that would consider child zombies (spoiler alert - zombies aren't real) a reason to ban sale of the game, but if the majority of the world was ok with it, would the devs stick to their MOM point of view.

Or if their business mentality would overturn their attitude and never add child zombies based on profitability and sales of the game.

Doesnt matter what the country is or what the contested item within the software is. Once this happens the Publisher/dev have 2 options.

1) adjust the contested item for the country in question - 2 versions to maintain.

2) adjust the contested item for all - maintain 1 version.

Option 2 generally always wins..

Archived