Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

@mm or anyone else: Does anyone know if lcb decay bug has been fixed for a18? LCB still having protection after decay time is expired has been a minor but problematic bug for pvp servers a17. Even though the lcb is expired, other players can place blocks and such the area is still under protected coverage to raid. Has this been fixed? thanks.

another question: how many bugs left?

here is a perfect example of someone else on forum that has noticed the lcb bug

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/1/1637542851349900152/

Digging zombies are not a challenge. They are just annoying.

I often hear them before they have completely dug themselves down to me. Then I go up and there they sit in their hole and I can shoot them down like fish in a barrel. And then I have to plug the hole so I don't fall in. Wandering hordes have already caused a collapse in two of my mines. I spent several days stuffing the huge hole. So if you're into hole stuffing, digging zombies is the right thing for you.

By the way, the option to adjust the block damage of the zombies is only available since A17.2. That means those who complained about the high block damage before couldn't change anything in the options. This has nothing to do with pride.

Non digging zombies is game breaking though. We'll improve it so they follow the way you go in most cases.

I just said it doesn't matter who hosts the game, it craps out, and we've started new games on 17.3. Also how is any of what you said helpful especially after telling you it doesn't matter which one of us hosts the game? X3

Well now you have heard of someone reporting problems!

It's not like the game is flawless: https://7daystodie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?69-PC-Bug-Reports

Sounds like you are hosting on one of the players' PC? Unless you have a BEAST of a PC that is just not going to work. Needs a dedicated server, preferably a company like Blue Fang etc then there is no problem. Again, it's NOT a game problem, it is a server host problem. Tons of people play on servers everyday and do not have the issue you describe.

One thing is to top your inventory every hour and another is being full at 2 minutes in. Flash news: Every single thing in the game is quite useful and managing nor scrapping is always enough. In Fallout you have some crap. A good design would be to have the achievable amount of slots match the maximum amount of loot and scrapping you can get in singleplayer completely removing everything from a tier 3 POI with hands and teeth.

I'm not pack rat here. And I feel always having to leave stuff behind stops being fun after a while. If you try it with more space and It's a HUGE relief then something is wrong with the slot amount. 4x4 and gyro are very late game, and when I get them I feel like space is just enough for me to not rant.

You probably missed #backpackgate that is happening about every 6 months in this forum. Essentially backpack space is always less than people want or too big depending on who you ask.

According to TFP backpack space is deliberately limited to make you choose what to take with you and what to leave behind, like other survival games do too(?). There is always the method to organize your scavenging operations with sub-bases or and storage chests in front of POIs. Or using a backpack mod.

I felt backpack space to be a bit constricting in A16 when part of the backpack was really closed off until you learned packmule. Now in A17 I have the full space available from the start and can't remember ever thinking of it as a problem. Maybe I just got used to it.

Man, hating algebra is like hating Universe.

If there was no math and its laws, we would be just particles or less. Respect that.

"Don't mistake the map for the territory"

- Discordian proverb

The universe can be described by maths, it isn't made of maths. It can be described by words though not composed of words.

Man, hating algebra is like hating Universe.

If there was no math and its laws, we would be just particles or less. Respect that.

whats wrong with hating the univserse? lol

Math is just one way of describing the way the machanics work in this game we call life, aka simulated universe theory.

I hate math but I greatly respect those who do understand it. I admire the fact these people, who have an amazing understanding of math which are able to see the finger print of God in his creation, are capable observing the world/universe using numbers. Having said all that, I still hate math lol. :)

You probably missed #backpackgate that is happening about every 6 months in this forum. Essentially backpack space is always less than people want or too big depending on who you ask.

According to TFP backpack space is deliberately limited to make you choose what to take with you and what to leave behind, like other survival games do too(?). There is always the method to organize your scavenging operations with sub-bases or and storage chests in front of POIs. Or using a backpack mod.

I felt backpack space to be a bit constricting in A16 when part of the backpack was really closed off until you learned packmule. Now in A17 I have the full space available from the start and can't remember ever thinking of it as a problem. Maybe I just got used to it.

Lol. I might've skipped those backpack tea talks. I'm ok without backpacks as long as vehicle storage mods get in someday.

- Discordian proverb

The universe can be described by maths, it isn't made of maths. It can be described by words though not composed of words.

Some science sub tread is needed for such a people like us. I can talk about that for weeks.

Well said bud !

lol...sorry to hear that. Kids can be...amazing lol. Kids can be kind, loving, and just all around cute and little devils at the same time. Children, weird creatures I say. :rapture:

Its no worries, they are selling on ebay for 1.99 so its not like he destroyed some awesome investment lol.

You could have asked me, I'm a walking wiki of modern zombie vampire films.

What is your favorite zombie and vampire movies of all time?

Not counting I Am Legend as its debatable if those things are actually zombies.

My personal fav vamp movie is "Interview With The Vampire" with Brad Pitt.

I have no fav when it comes to zombie movies. Maybe the original day of the dead...or dawn of the dead. I cannot remember which came first. If I Am Legend was part of this, my fav zombie movie would be that one.

Being able to do a start from a hospital bed and sneak/run for my life out of the hospital would be an awesome start alternative. Fantastic idea!

Glad you like like it. It actually takes me back to New Vegas, beginning with a bullet in your skull and a score to settle; it would be awesome for these new origins to be tied with some story-driving NPCs in the future, or some really custom settings, I.e. beginning infected and searching for a batch of antiserum within the hospital

#a dudes gotta dream

- Discordian proverb

“Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty—a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of painting or music, yet sublimely pure, and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show.” - Bertrand Russell

“Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty—a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of painting or music, yet sublimely pure, and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show.” - Bertrand Russell

"So far as the theories of mathematics are about reality, they are not certain; so far as they are certain, they are not about reality." -Albert Einstein

It takes a very special type of person to have the much coveted geologist job. Only few people are worthy of such a heavenly job, am I right or am I right. Can I get a rock on instead of a hallelujah people. Rock on!

You want some money or what? ^-^

- - - Updated - - -

No child zombies are coming. Something small perhaps.

Hmm.. something small is coming.

* Turns around *

Oi! SnowDog! He's talking 'bout you!

- - - Updated - - -

yeah dumb as a rock or old as a rock like me :)

Hehe those are not insults man!

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds bad. I prefer "Smart as a rock and twice as tough".

Now we're talking!

Archived