Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

What do you mean? I'm starting to feel that the amount of items in the game are starting to be quite a bit more than even a scrapper can afford to manage. Leaving chests left and right gets old and annoying real fast.

Some kind of storage mod for vehicles and backpacks for the player would be awesome.

Bethesda uses a list with weights, so they don't have this particular problem. The way to go here would be backpacks for the player and mods for vehicles.

This game is getting rich in content, so the inventory problem is real.

Some vehicle storage upgrades would be welcome for me, but the only extra player backpack I ever wanted was a trapper keeper for all these magazines and maybe books.

While we're on again about the little zombies, anyone else hoping to see some little zombies pop out of some big ones someday? Fat tourist must be pregnant with at least twins. I always kind of wished he was full of snakes, dozens of snakes. Anyone else ever smoosh a spider that was carrying an egg sack and watch the little ones spread like a simulation map of an outbreak in a movie? I did once and I shudder every time I remember that.

Some vehicle storage upgrades would be welcome for me, but the only extra player backpack I ever wanted was a trapper keeper for all these magazines and maybe books.

While we're on again about the little zombies, anyone else hoping to see some little zombies pop out of some big ones someday? Fat tourist must be pregnant with at least twins. I always kind of wished he was full of snakes, dozens of snakes. Anyone else ever smoosh a spider that was carrying an egg sack and watch the little ones spread like a simulation map of an outbreak in a movie? I did once and I shudder every time I remember that.

wtf, you have one twisted mind my friend. I like :)

wtf, you have one twisted mind my friend. I like :)

Ha, I should have clarified that I was just trying to take care of the spider. I didn't realize I was making 10000 orphans with grudges. Now I usually catch and take them outside because of that and so they'll catch pests(mostly to avoid another trojan horse incident, though:laugh:).

Ha, I should have clarified that I was just trying to take care of the spider. I didn't realize I was making 10000 orphans with grudges. Now I usually catch and take them outside because of that and so they'll catch pests(mostly to avoid another trojan horse incident, though:laugh:).

LOL I had something like that happen to me as well....it was weird. I seen hundreds of little specs on my white wall. me and my brother sat there staring at these little dots moving being like wtf are these things. After looking closer we realized they were tiny baby spiders that came from the mom after i killed her. she must have been carrying an egg sack.

Content warning: If you have a fear of spiders do not watch.

<--that would be scary as hell to see.

EDIT: I think we killed them all with just our thumbs but can you imagine if only like 10-30 of them got away grew up and came back to me remembering i killered there mother! I learned never to kill a spider, instead I ask them to leave and if they do not lsiten ill just capture them and place them outside. 9/10 times bugs will leave if asked.

I know sounds crazy talking to bugs but when i moved in with my ex her mother would not allow anyone to kill a bug in her home including flies. she said we just need to speak with the bugs and ask them kindly to find a new home. I thought she was nuts until I witnessed her do it and she never had bug problems the whole year i lived there. this was on a farm surrounded by woods. it was crazy she had no bug issues and could ask them to leave.

I've been doing that ever since watching her....it actually works. sounds crazy i know, give it a try for like 6 months and you will see.

Note: If the bug can kill me I do not ask for it to leave, I kill it. All other bugs I ask for them to leave.

Clowns are not really an issue anymore. The crazy clowns have kinda died down in america in the past 3 years. I have not spoken to any police lately regarding the "clown issue" but I have not heard any news reports as of lately.

I wouldn't say that. Some bad things are going to happen because of the release of the upcoming Joker movie, for instance. Threats have already been issued out, the U.S. military is getting involved. It's crazy.

I wouldn't say that. Some bad things are going to happen because of the release of the upcoming Joker movie, for instance. Threats have already been issued out, the U.S. military is getting involved. It's crazy.

Oh yeah I forgot that movie is dropping. I think I jsut read a news article about the military CID issueing concerns. Ok then yeah its safe to assume the clown craze is probably coming back. damn, damn shame. Hopefully these clown freaks do not start killing again.

Bubo - I normally love your images. But I had tons of bad dreams after seeing Karen Black and Trilogy of Terror the first time. (And even though I am almost as old as a rock - I was pretty young then... And I'll let you decide if it was Karen Black or the movie that I am referencing.... There's that 'or' again...). QB

LOL, So say we all =)

YlUqp35.jpg

That would scary the crap out of me!

Fast moving, stabbing for 5-10 damage, can rarely hit them.

You run to your Gyrocopter... Higher... higher and free!

Looking back. 40 of them are all over you copter!!

:)

+1

Forget all that we can kill to birds with one stone here. Imagine how many people hate clowns so have a zombie clown running around ;)

+2 for "Terrifier" clown

Oh yeah I forgot that movie is dropping. I think I jsut read a news article about the military CID issueing concerns. Ok then yeah its safe to assume the clown craze is probably coming back. damn, damn shame. Hopefully these clown freaks do not start killing again.

5 movie theater threats already (undisclosed locations, except one; the same movie theater that was "under fire" in 2012 during one of the Dark Knight screenings).

The movie's message is good, imo. It needs to be said, but it cannot be said. The world is too crazy to hear it.

@mm or anyone else: Does anyone know if lcb decay bug has been fixed for a18? LCB still having protection after decay time is expired has been a minor but problematic bug for pvp servers a17. Even though the lcb is expired, other players can place blocks and such the area is still under protected coverage to raid. Has this been fixed? thanks.

another question: how many bugs left?

I just said it doesn't matter who hosts the game, it craps out, and we've started new games on 17.3. Also how is any of what you said helpful especially after telling you it doesn't matter which one of us hosts the game? X3

Well now you have heard of someone reporting problems!

It's not like the game is flawless: https://7daystodie.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?69-PC-Bug-Reports

I rent a server & have no issues. I think the issue is with players hosting a server themselves. Anytime I join a person-hosted server, it gets real laggy. We always supposed that it’s because the person hosting does not have enough bandwidth. It was explained to me that bandwidth has nothing to do with download or upload speed but has to to with the “width” of the data stream. The bigger the width, the more data can be sent at once. Server providers have big internet pipelines where most individual consumers do not. Please someone with more knowledge pipe in here.

That's only a handful of SJW being outraged about a white male using whiteface or something insane like that.

Oh, and of course he's bat♥♥♥♥ crazy but that's really the whole point with this character.

Just a normal day on the internet.

That's only a handful of SJW being outraged about a white male using whiteface or something insane like that.

Oh, and of course he's bat♥♥♥♥ crazy but that's really the whole point with this character.

Just a normal day on the internet.

I thought the same thing, and I agree with you. But threats have already been issued out (and the U.S. military is getting involved in a minor manner), so regardless, the world is bat♥♥♥♥ crazy. (Pun not intended.) I'm sure it will be a fantastic movie. But it could lead to tragic results. We will see.

Edit: And no, I'm not an SJW. LOL I'm a centrist.

But moving on.

You ever heard of how bushmen capture monkeys? They put a nut into a small tree hole. The monkey fetches the nut but his fist is now too big to exit the hole. And the monkey is too greedy to let go again.

The zombies in the wasteland are like bushmen waiting for greedy adventurer-"monkeys" who can't let any loot stay behind. :cocksure:

One thing is to top your inventory every hour and another is being full at 2 minutes in. Flash news: Every single thing in the game is quite useful and managing nor scrapping is always enough. In Fallout you have some crap. A good design would be to have the achievable amount of slots match the maximum amount of loot and scrapping you can get in singleplayer completely removing everything from a tier 3 POI with hands and teeth.

I'm not pack rat here. And I feel always having to leave stuff behind stops being fun after a while. If you try it with more space and It's a HUGE relief then something is wrong with the slot amount. 4x4 and gyro are very late game, and when I get them I feel like space is just enough for me to not rant.

That's why I suggest backpacks/vehicle storage mods. +9/+18/+27 more slots would be awesome while not affecting gameplay in a bad way.

Salutations :p

About upgrading vehicules : 4x4 is pretty useless in solo, could be nice to have mods like a little workbench or a lab on the back seat...

Not so useless if you are late game playing nomadic, not gonna argue.

Mods on vehicles such as this one, could add cool experience in MP.

A one can upgrade to utility 4x4 vehicle for repair and make tools/weapons/armour for the team.

Another could have the blue color dye.

Third one could have a turret installed.

Might there be a one with extra storage for miners or geologists to explore and gather stuff for bases between the bioms, but with lowered speed and lowered HP.

The one who is the fifth wheel in the team could just walk, cursing, too.

#futureisbright

With mods their building system was a lot better. Snap n build I think it was called improved all the snap points to where it was great.

Oh God no. Fallout building system is horrible. I much prefer the freedom of block by block building in 7dtd. Being stuck with whole wall segments? No thank you.

Archived