Sign in to follow this  
madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

oh lol....my bad I thought you meant a button to press over and over...I was like wtf is this guy nuts lmao. *thumbs up*

Yeah, that would be totally stupid lol. My fault for writing my idea really fast and poorly though lel. I was multitasking.

NAAA i want Zombie wolverine's that would be scary then a racoon lol

imagine seeing a zombie version of this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiRpjQBWWGq_liyT3TuCEm46iYpnSZYzTUgUiGf_eNcox6etu_

crawling through your Wires and trying to eat your Face

How about a zombie hamster?

IaWlcFe.jpg

Yeah I'm hoping that as well man. I remember that there was an official exchange rate for the peso, and a blue-market exchange rate.. Was there also such a thing in Uruguay?

I could see the ferry leaving to Uruguay from the office.. never went on it though.

All in all, a very beautiful part of the world. I also visited Salta and the area around San Juan. Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to visit the production office in the town of Nuequén.. because the name of that town sounds like 'having sex' in Dutch ^-^

Lol, yeah, one dollar in argentina worth's 57 argentinian pesos, in Uruguay it worth's 36 uruguayan pesos and both pesos worth almost the same...

Advanced Bellows: Reduces smelting time 50%, anvil reduces crafting time 50%. Crucible unlocks steel production.

Wait, is this an actual thing in A18 or are you just spitballing?

What do you mean? I'm starting to feel that the amount of items in the game are starting to be quite a bit more than even a scrapper can afford to manage. Leaving chests left and right gets old and annoying real fast.

Some kind of storage mod for vehicles and backpacks for the player would be awesome.

Bethesda uses a list with weights, so they don't have this particular problem. The way to go here would be backpacks for the player and mods for vehicles.

This game is getting rich in content, so the inventory problem is real.

You ever heard of how bushmen capture monkeys? They put a nut into a small tree hole. The monkey fetches the nut but his fist is now too big to exit the hole. And the monkey is too greedy to let go again.

The zombies in the wasteland are like bushmen waiting for greedy adventurer-"monkeys" who can't let any loot stay behind. :cocksure:

I dont mind math (mainly the math i need like percentages) but not alagbe i hope the person who made that is trapped in purgatory

you will need it in programming mostly cause it is the gateway to the higher maths needed in programming, physics, and engineering

Don't forget to try Enderal, a total conversion absolutly amazing :

https://store.steampowered.com/app/933480/Enderal_Forgotten_Stories/

I referenced Enderal way back when A17 got released because it's skill points are awarded very much like how 7D2D is doing perks now. (No LBD). I wanted to try it just to see how much I would miss LBD. I didn't and it is a great mod.

Are you suggesting a period of time where the wasteland has reduced radiation than normal?

after a rainstorm or snowstorm, radiation levels are lowered for a little while until it evaporates and brings it back up. not very scientific, but barely plausible.

after a rainstorm or snowstorm, radiation levels are lowered for a little while until it evaporates and brings it back up. not very scientific, but barely plausible.

Wouldn`t that require some sort of weather awareness in the biomes, like a forecast for when it could be possible to creep around with less harm by radiation. This of course, in a matter to take advantage of this change of levels, otherwise would be just a random event happening somewhere that just sucks resources.

Just thoughts here, sounds like a cool dynamics, but probably too complicated.

Pfff don't ask MM, he is a milk drinker... Start with Requiem as your base mod if you want mechanics for real men, Sands of Time to breathe some life into the empty world and make it dynamic, Expanded towns and cities to make Skyrim great again and Deadly Dragons to give dragons theirs balls back.

Meh, some mods are just clunky and break ♥♥♥♥. I play on expert and that combat mod makes bandits pretty tough. I never min max the alchemy smithing potion/fortify enchanting bs either. Role playing can make it hard. Try adding spider phobia or you only eat mammoth cheese lol.

yeah dumb as a rock or old as a rock like me :)

Wait... You used 'or'. Are you trying to mislead us by implying you can't be both at the same time?

(I'll also let YOU decide if YOU means YOU or anyone...)

(Maybe we need fully qualified geologist answer. And I'll be fine with it as I am sure DV even knows math by the type of games he plays...)

; - )

• Like 1

I dont mind math (mainly the math i need like percentages) but not alagbe i hope the person who made that is trapped in purgatory

Nooo! No algebra means no computer code, which means no video games, which means no 7D2D, which means madmole resorts to milk drinking and 10/90 protein to fat diet to fill the void.

Wouldn`t that require some sort of weather awareness in the biomes, like a forecast for when it could be possible to creep around with less harm by radiation. This of course, in a matter to take advantage of this change of levels, otherwise would be just a random event happening somewhere that just sucks resources.

Just thoughts here, sounds like a cool dynamics, but probably too complicated.

it would, but according to MM about 300 pages ago, he said weather is getting love in 19 or 20. so lets see what they do.

giphy.gif

Bubo - I normally love your images. But I had tons of bad dreams after seeing Karen Black and Trilogy of Terror the first time. (And even though I am almost as old as a rock - I was pretty young then... And I'll let you decide if it was Karen Black or the movie that I am referencing.... There's that 'or' again...). QB

Edited by Quantum Blue (see edit history)

it would, but according to MM about 300 pages ago, he said weather is getting love in 19 or 20. so lets see what they do.

Oh I remember that of course, lets see where it`s going, we all need weather.

Meh, some mods are just clunky and break ♥♥♥♥. I play on expert and that combat mod makes bandits pretty tough. I never min max the alchemy smithing potion/fortify enchanting bs either. Role playing can make it hard. Try adding spider phobia or you only eat mammoth cheese lol.

What we really need is another great Skyrim game. How many years now has it been......... I bought Skyrim like 2 months ago, for like the 3rd time lol and i played like 5 minutes before putting it down and thought to myself why did I buy this again, Ive been burnt out for years. I think I've seen every single thing that game has to offer.

Edited by ZombieSurvivor (see edit history)

Are you suggesting a period of time where the wasteland has reduced radiation than normal?

I'm an Atomic Cleanup Veteran that cleaned up the Nuclear Test Range in the Marshall Islands & it was hotter than Chernobyl.

They were just sampled again 40 years later this summer & they are still hotter than Chernobyl, so much for the cleanup...

No protective clothing or decontamination stations, picked the ♥♥♥♥ up with our bare hands so I'm very comfortable in this apocalyptical game.

Lojwa Animal, buy our book;

https://www.atomiccleanupvets.com/2017/09/21/from-service-to-sacrifice/

So what happen with the Play Test MM, your Base Crash & Burn on Horde Night?

Edited by spacepiggio (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I'm an Atomic Cleanup Veteran that cleaned up the Nuclear Test Range in the Marshall Islands & it was hotter than Chernobyl.

They were just sampled again 40 years later this summer & they are still hotter than Chernobyl, so much for the cleanup...

No protective clothing or decontamination stations, picked the ♥♥♥♥ up with our bare hands so I'm very comfortable in this apocalyptical game.

Lojwa Animal, buy our book;

https://www.atomiccleanupvets.com/2017/09/21/from-service-to-sacrifice/

So what happen with the Play Test MM, you Crash & Burn on Horde Night?

I just watched a documentery about that clean up. Thank for your clean up services my dude! :)

Midget zombies confirmed ;)

No such thing as midgets. The world has been trolling everyone by dressing up children as adults and just calling them midgets. ;)

just joking. #LoveForTheLittlePeople #BeingSmallIsTheNewTall