Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I am only trying to help, and the more questions I ask the better I can judge and help. All I am willing to reccomend at this time is make a post in somewhere in the forums for troubleshooting. with an attitude like that though you will have issues finding someone willing to help. You will be bombarded with questions when it comes to troubleshootings.

Best of luck to you to you dude.

Saying "it's a problem with my server" isn't helpful, nor was it relevant since I told you we tried several different hosts, was my point. :p

Yeah if we have time we are going to try yet again to find out how to turn on additional console debugging information so that something useful is outputted instead of it just freezing up. I was posting here to see if anyone knew of a way to do so.

Saying "it's a problem with my server" isn't helpful, nor was it relevant since I told you we tried several different hosts, was my point. :p

Yeah if we have time we are going to try yet again to find out how to turn on additional console debugging information so that something useful is outputted instead of it just freezing up. I was posting here to see if anyone knew of a way to do so.

Correction you never once said you tried more than 1 host. Also I never said it is a problem with your server...atleast not the way you just made it sound. I would never point a finger at the server host unless there is a reason to. Well I am sorry you are having issues. Maybe A18 will fix it up for you and you and friends can game again. Till then best of luck to you dude. :)

I want to like buy everything from the traders. Digging is for savages.

It would be cool if with intelligence I have have better traps and do more tower defense.

It would also be cool if the barter skill or whatever had things to add an amount to spawned building materials.... like if you would normally get a crappy 20 cement spawn at the trader, you instead get 120 or like 220.

A refresh button for trader inventory with high level barter would be cool as well... or something to refresh their inventory better, if you get bad material supply.

That sounds like an adventure! I would boost the reward a bit more than just GS for such a special event.

Maybe one great item per special rad mission. It doesn't have to be OP, just something fun to have. Like a working radio or TV! :)

Cool idea with the armor mods BTW. Edit-2: Dang! the more I think about that the better it is, your really are a great game designer!

Edit: or in one room, there is a working station of every type: Mixer, chem, work, ect. The player places his LCB and picks them all up! I think everyone likes more stuff! :)

I think it would raise your GS, which means you get better loot.

Thanks, all my focus is on becoming the best game designer I can be, and making 7 Days Great Again TM.

That sounds fun. Choose your own adventure.

1) spawn in as patient in hospital

2) student in school

3) military personnel in camp

4) prisoner in prison *wink*

Sounds like a fantastic mod.

Missed one:

Janitor in charge of cleaning Tony Stark's power armor and Steve Rogers backup "Captain America" serum.

<snip>

A refresh button for trader inventory with high level barter would be cool as well... or something to refresh their inventory better, if you get bad material supply.

Normally I do not jsut come out and say this but in this case....bad idea! No need to further explain why that is a bad idea as I am assuming 99% of people will agree thats not a good one. keep new ideas coming though brotha :)

Normally I do not jsut come out and say this but in this case....bad idea! No need to further explain why that is a bad idea as I am assuming 99% of people will agree thats not a good one. keep new ideas coming though brotha :)

I mean being able to refresh the inventory, or make it sooner isn't that bad. It could be very annoying to code though, so it probably wouldn't happen. I wasn't talking about like an actual refresh button where you can just click it over and over again lol.

Correction you never once said you tried more than 1 host. Also I never said it is a problem with your server...atleast not the way you just made it sound. I would never point a finger at the server host unless there is a reason to. Well I am sorry you are having issues. Maybe A18 will fix it up for you and you and friends can game again. Till then best of luck to you dude. :)

Thanks, yeah it's not server power, running a AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor with less RAM than I'd like, 16GBs, but it never comes close to filling that up while running the game so no issues there. Desktops are less powerful but we didn't have problems with this in A16 when hosting on our desktops either.

We might just wait for A18 since it'll hopefully be out next month :dog:

Thanks, yeah it's not server power, running a AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor with less RAM than I'd like, 16GBs, but it never comes close to filling that up while running the game so no issues there. Desktops are less powerful but we didn't have problems with this in A16 when hosting on our desktops either.

We might just wait for A18 since it'll hopefully be out next month :dog:

Yeah since A18 should be dropping soon that does seem like the best course of action. It really does suck you are having these issues. :)

I mean being able to refresh the inventory, or make it sooner isn't that bad. It could be very annoying to code though, so it probably wouldn't happen. I wasn't talking about like an actual refresh button where you can just click it over and over again lol.

oh lol....my bad I thought you meant a button to press over and over...I was like wtf is this guy nuts lmao. *thumbs up*

Maybe spiders, mudcrabs or head crabs lol....original I know....

Roaches is another good candidate. Those have a knack to survive in the worse conditions.

I think something like a zombie raccoon would be interesting. Due the small size he also fits through a small opening. He can climb, has sharp teeth and claws and is quiet. If one of them jumps in your face, you're gonna have a heart attack.

19-21 ish I'd say.

What do you mean? I'm starting to feel that the amount of items in the game are starting to be quite a bit more than even a scrapper can afford to manage. Leaving chests left and right gets old and annoying real fast.

Some kind of storage mod for vehicles and backpacks for the player would be awesome.

Bethesda uses a list with weights, so they don't have this particular problem. The way to go here would be backpacks for the player and mods for vehicles.

This game is getting rich in content, so the inventory problem is real.

I think something like a zombie raccoon would be interesting. Due the small size he also fits through a small opening. He can climb, has sharp teeth and claws and is quiet. If one of them jumps in your face, you're gonna have a heart attack.

NAAA i want Zombie wolverine's that would be scary then a racoon lol

imagine seeing a zombie version of this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiRpjQBWWGq_liyT3TuCEm46iYpnSZYzTUgUiGf_eNcox6etu_

crawling through your Wires and trying to eat your Face

What do you mean? I'm starting to feel that the amount of items in the game are starting to be quite a bit more than even a scrapper can afford to manage. Leaving chests left and right gets old and annoying real fast.

Some kind of storage mod for vehicles and backpacks for the player would be awesome.

Bethesda uses a list with weights, so they don't have this particular problem. The way to go here would be backpacks for the player and mods for vehicles.

This game is getting rich in content, so the inventory problem is real.

say what....what inventory problem???

Archived