Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

They sure are ZombieHorde. Any child actors in games that involves violence/nudity or players using drug use for health gain etc is illegal in Australia. Day Z and Fallout 3 etc stop development temporally because of those rules and had to change the drugs/health issue. You can't get into trouble if you have it but to sell it, the seller can get up to 10 years jail for selling Refused Classification games. I just hope TFP dont add child actors in the games as it will get banned for sale in Steam for Australia.

http://www.classification.gov.au/Guidelines/Pages/RC.aspx

Interesting how people reason. MadMole frequently touts this game with a blunt Majority-Over-Minority attitude regarding player preferences and suggestions.

I wonder, if Australia is one of a few countries that would consider child zombies (spoiler alert - zombies aren't real) a reason to ban sale of the game, but if the majority of the world was ok with it, would the devs stick to their MOM point of view.

Or if their business mentality would overturn their attitude and never add child zombies based on profitability and sales of the game.

I never understand the retards (and yes I am being openly harsh) who claim video game violence translates to real world violence. Sociopathic and more worrying psycopathic behaviour is what leads to the acts of violence or indifference to it, not video games.

You need a pretty horrible person behind the controller of any game to consider harming a child or any other individual.

And by the way, as soon as I look out the window and see child zombies running around outside, crawling up walls and ripping peoples throats out - I will be the first to advocate (selective) violence against children 😂

On a serious other point that I can't get my head around, why are people selectively against violence towards children, but perfectly ok with violence against men and women and the elderly in computer games? Especially when games are not real life, the violence is against zombies (which are equally not real), and when gratuitous violence against anyone, adult or child, is equally despicable 🤔

Interesting how people reason. MadMole frequently touts this game with a blunt Majority-Over-Minority attitude regarding player preferences and suggestions.

I wonder, if Australia is one of a few countries that would consider child zombies (spoiler alert - zombies aren't real) a reason to ban sale of the game, but if the majority of the world was ok with it, would the devs stick to their MOM point of view.

Or if their business mentality would overturn their attitude and never add child zombies based on profitability and sales of the game.

I never understand the retards (and yes I am being openly harsh) who claim video game violence translates to real world violence. Sociopathic and more worrying psycopathic behaviour is what leads to the acts of violence or indifference to it, not video games.

You need a pretty horrible person behind the controller of any game to consider harming a child or any other individual.

And by the way, as soon as I look out the window and see child zombies running around outside, crawling up walls and ripping peoples throats out - I will be the first to advocate (selective) violence against children 😂

On a serious other point that I can't get my head around, why are people selectively against violence towards children, but perfectly ok with violence against men and women and the elderly in computer games? Especially when games are not real life, the violence is against zombies (which are equally not real), and when gratuitous violence against anyone, adult or child, is despicable 🤔

Well, perhaps the majority of players would be okay with having child zombies in the game. However, the number of people who would consider it a deal-breaker probably significantly outweigh the number of people who consider NOT having them to be a deal-breaker. That's the metic to consider.

You need a pretty horrible person behind the controller of any game to consider harminf a child.

And by the way, as soon as I look out the window and see child zombies running around outside, crawling up walls and ripping peoples throats out - I will be the first to advocate (selective) violence against children ��

On a serious other point that I can't get my head around, why are people selectively against violence towards children, but perfectly ok with violence against men and women and the elderly in computer games? Especially when games are not real life, the violence is against zombies (which are equally not real), and when gratuitous violence against anyone, adult or child, is despicable ��

Drugs and Kids are off limits in a few nations, not just Australia, even in the US (child nudity). Doesn't matter it its real or not, its the depiction of the acts which are against the community expectations.

It has nothing to do with 'retards', "who claim video game violence translates to real world violence", not related to the laws. lol

Man...I want to play skyrim again, what mods do you recommend?

Vilja (companion mod). With over 9,000 lines (not words, lines!) of voiced dialogue, this mod is amazing.

For comparison, there are a 60,000 lines of dialogue in the base game...that's every NPC you've met (or not met) combined.

-Morloc

I dont mind math (mainly the math i need like percentages) but not alagbe i hope the person who made that is trapped in purgatory

Oh man I hate math. I know how to add, subtract, multiply and the very basics of devision thats all lmao. All my life I have never been able to retain the ability to do math.

- - - Updated - - -

Drugs and Kids are off limits in a few nations, not just Australia, even in the US (child nudity). Doesn't matter it its real or not, its the depiction of the acts which are against the community expectations.

It has nothing to do with 'retards', "who claim video game violence translates to real world violence", not related to the laws. lol

This dude Zombie_Jam is a troll or someone that just looks at everything glass half empty and yells about it to the world, I lean more towards trolling based upon all the arguements he has started and the dumb crap he spits from his mouth with no factual support for the past 3-4 days. Do not feed the trollls my dude lol. :)

EDIT: props to the man though, his is a very good troll.

Oh man I hate math. I know how to add, subtract, multiply and the very basics of devision thats all lmao. All my life I have never been able to retain the ability to do math.

well my math teacher last year told me that i would need algebra to calculate how long it take to get to work...

i told her that i'll uses a clock and i got in trouble lol.

This is what happens to your collection after you have twin girls...😅

Better than when you have a boy. I had over 100 darth mauls new in package to sell for a profit hopefully one day when I saw 1977 Darth Vaders selling for 1500. Well needless to say he found every one and opened them up, cut him in half for light saber fights, etc.

Hey guys, long time lurked here.

Was think8ng it'd be a fun, rpg-preparatory step to add some starting point alternatives, e.g. the Grimesey hospital wake up, an escape from the Higashi building before [ancient Egyptian spoiler tags], a plain old POW escape - scenario, modified for the games lore.

A18's looking sweet btw, just leaving it here before the next whatever-gate erupts

Being able to do a start from a hospital bed and sneak/run for my life out of the hospital would be an awesome start alternative. Fantastic idea!

I'm so glad we're on the same page. Survival was a side matter in A16 and while I enjoyed the alpha to some degree, I really had to intentionally screw myself over for the game to provide any sort of challenge. The AI was so limited that it could barely path to you most of the time and that's something that no difficulty slider could fix.

People complaining about zombie digging and their ability to destroy concrete should really just reduce block damage in the options menu, but out of some bizarre sense of pride refuse to. They want "realistic" zombies with no supernatural demolishing or sensing abilities, yet still want the player to be a master builder able to single-handedly erect steel and concrete super structures. It just sounds like a recipe for a very boring and unengaging game in my opinion.

I like the direction you guys took with A17 and looking forward to A18.

I concur, I fully support TFP and the direction that are taking the game in. I still reserve my doubts about bandits but other than that, its all good. Everything is looking great again. #Make7D2DGreatAgain

Being able to do a start from a hospital bed and sneak/run for my life out of the hospital would be an awesome start alternative. Fantastic idea!

That sounds fun. Choose your own adventure.

1) spawn in as patient in hospital

2) student in school

3) military personnel in camp

4) prisoner in prison *wink*

Sounds like a fantastic mod.

Child zombies have been discussed ad nauseam and the first post states they won't be in A18 so maybe y'all should make the same points that have been made over and over at each other in a new thread in General Discussion.

Exactly. I think I am the one that brought up child zombies about 2 weeks ago. thats when "+ No Child Zombies in A18" was added to the front page. No one every got beack to my question but that same day that popped up so it answered my questions lol.

This really needs 0 discussion until alpha 19+ as the devs clearly do not want that spoken about. We have enough dead horses to beat on haha. I agree with you, general discussion post would be ideal for this or pimp dreams.

Exactly. I think I am the one that brought up child zombies about 2 weeks ago. thats when "+ No Child Zombies in A18" was added to the front page. No one every got beack to my question but that same day that popped up so it answered my questions lol.

This really needs 0 discussion until alpha 19+ as the devs clearly do not want that spoken about. We have enough dead horses to beat on haha

not even a dead horse more like the Dust of the dead horse

Archived