BorderlandZ - Let's get the Fun back to GunFighting and Looting!

rucky

Loss of level and XP

Hello Rucky! At the address of folder C: STEAM \ SteamApps \ common \ 7DaysToDie \ 7DaysToDie_Data I look for the file: output_log_ [date + time_stamp] .txt and it does not register it as an error. I leave you capture the error of the console as I comment on youtube.841174665_7DaystoDieScreenshot2019_04.21-19.09_04_86.jpg.8d2f6770340f3cd1c560006bdbc589ad.jpg

Thanks for giving me a solution while to continue playing this mod and I hope you can fix this error so that other players do not experience it.

A greeting.

Hello Rucky! At the address of folder C: STEAM \ SteamApps \ common \ 7DaysToDie \ 7DaysToDie_Data I look for the file: output_log_ [date + time_stamp] .txt and it does not register it as an error. I leave you capture the error of the console as I comment on youtube.[ATTACH=CONFIG]28216[/ATTACH]

Thanks for giving me a solution while to continue playing this mod and I hope you can fix this error so that other players do not experience it.

A greeting.

can you send me the pic via pm please? I can't get it bigger so I can't read it at the moment...

this seems to be a very strange bug as I sadly cannot reproduce it.

1) do you have any other mod(let) installed besides BorderlandZ ?

2) do you play other 7DTD Mods (even on other Installations) between BorderlandZ Sessions?

3) do you have the last Quest still open (that is kill 250 Zeds)?

4) please check the output_log file for any error, you find it here:

look for the correct output_log__{date+time_stamp}.txt

Thank you!

i can reproduce it everytime, i do have other mods installed(using the mod launcher so they all have seperate folders/game installs) but i get the issue regardless if i play any other mods between borderland plays. ill check what quests i have active, and see if there is anything in the output log.

- - - Updated - - -

I think folks getting reset to level 1 has to do with persistent profiles being off by default on this mod. Try turning it back on.

that was my first thought, and persistent profiles was on already

@ rucky

I guess maybe I had the same problem as .. CoBoS87 .. Lost ALL Levels and XP just before horde night ..Game seemed to load OK _ backpack was normal and ammo was good .. everything was in place .. but then got a bunch of errors .. game reset to 0 _ day 1. … Says I have New Player Protection and Element Protection .. Just starting a new game.

1560775298_7DaystoDieScreenshot2019_04.22-10_44_25_70.jpg.cf6d6ecb40565a47e809fdc2a64d8a4f.jpg

Was level 85 and game stage 238+ (don't remember that one for sure when I logged out last night) getting ready for day 14 horde and NO to any other mods …. very disappointed .. day 14 horde 6 z's and that Doesn't even compared to normal wandering group.

@ rucky

I guess maybe I had the same problem as .. CoBoS87 .. Lost ALL Levels and XP just before horde night ..Game seemed to load OK _ backpack was normal and ammo was good .. everything was in place .. but then got a bunch of errors .. game reset to 0 _ day 1. … Says I have New Player Protection and Element Protection .. Just starting a new game.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28219[/ATTACH]

Was level 85 and game stage 238+ (don't remember that one for sure when I logged out last night) getting ready for day 14 horde and NO to any other mods …. very disappointed .. day 14 horde 6 z's and that Doesn't even compared to normal wandering group.

I'm so sorry to hear this, really.

Can you please check the appropriate log file too, there needs to be an error written down in the correct one.

Please copy&paste the error here so I hopefully can find the problem.

But as long as I can't reproduce it on my side I can't fix it...

This being said, I have already a 0.2.3 running here, again no problems. perhaps it's magically fixed or there is something different on my side I still need to find...

Later this Day or tomorrow that version will be released as "Experimental 0.2.3" Version.

WORKAROUND when having that BUG:

UNTIL then, I have a workaround for you SinglePlayers:

1. load the Savegame with CHEAT MENU enabled (under Options)
  2. Ingame, go to the Cheat/Creative Tab where any Item/Block is, and type in "XP" and hit the "DEV Blocks" Button in the middle of the Button row there
  3. Take the "Get_Massive_XP" Quest (not the Ultimate, that's too much), next
  4. Search for "Skills" and take the "Get_50_Skillpoints" or 3x "Get_10_Skillpoints"
  5. Read them and Accept them all and vola, you are back to old Power.
  6. End the Save, deactivate Cheat-Menu again, and reload into the Game, now the correct Gamestage is set and all should be working again.

- - - Updated - - -

i can reproduce it everytime, i do have other mods installed(using the mod launcher so they all have seperate folders/game installs) but i get the issue regardless if i play any other mods between borderland plays. ill check what quests i have active, and see if there is anything in the output log.

Can you write down the steps you do to reproduce it?

Thank you!

I'm so sorry to hear this, really.

Can you please check the appropriate log file too, there needs to be an error written down in the correct one.

Please copy&paste the error here so I hopefully can find the problem.

But as long as I can't reproduce it on my side I can't fix it...

This being said, I have already a 0.2.3 running here, again no problems. perhaps it's magically fixed or there is something different on my side I still need to find...

Later this Day or tomorrow that version will be released as "Experimental 0.2.3" Version.

WORKAROUND when having that BUG:

UNTIL then, I have a workaround for you SinglePlayers:

1. load the Savegame with CHEAT MENU enabled (under Options)
  2. Ingame, go to the Cheat/Creative Tab where any Item/Block is, and type in "XP" and hit the "DEV Blocks" Button in the middle of the Button row there
  3. Take the "Get_Massive_XP" Quest (not the Ultimate, that's too much), next
  4. Search for "Skills" and take the "Get_50_Skillpoints" or 3x "Get_10_Skillpoints"
  5. Read them and Accept them all and vola, you are back to old Power.
  6. End the Save, deactivate Cheat-Menu again, and reload into the Game, now the correct Gamestage is set and all should be working again.

I guess I should have waited on Deleting Saved Game and Files … I kept getting an error every time I relogged into game (And Normally if you reload on horde night you get a bigger Horde, but only got the same 6) .. So Deleted it and will Start New .. No Problem .. I do it all the Time on a lot of EA games .. I will save this for later.

Also .. I do use the Mod Launcher .. which is great to keep game separated.

I will reload game on New Update .. or .. do you think it would be Ok now and let it update when released ??

Thank you … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

I guess I should have waited on Deleting Saved Game and Files … I kept getting an error every time I relogged into game (And Normally if you reload on horde night you get a bigger Horde, but only got the same 6) .. So Deleted it and will Start New .. No Problem .. I do it all the Time on a lot of EA games .. I will save this for later.

Also .. I do use the Mod Launcher .. which is great to keep game separated.

I will reload game on New Update .. or .. do you think it would be Ok now and let it update when released ??

Thank you … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

It's still uploading all the files on gitlab, then it needs to be made available through Sphereii...

and as I couldn't reproduce that error on my side sadly, I'm not sure if I have solved the issue.

I could see the error on a youtube screen now, which indicates it has something todo with QUESTS, so problably one of my quests is bugged (not sure how this can be), but as I have reworked them for 0.2.3 anyway, again, this can possible now be fixed.

Still to @Everyone if you have a save where this error is occuring, please do not delete it! I need someone to reproduce it for me, thank you!

it is something to do with the quests, i didnt get the issue until i read the quest notes.

also after i lost the initial levels and gained a few i couldnt reproduce. it seems to happen on the first save of a new game after starting the quests, and then not again until a new game is started.

2019-04-22T11:19:32 645.839 INF Loading players.xml

2019-04-22T11:19:32 645.876 ERR Loading player data failed for player '76561198077953732', rolling back: Failed to read past end of stream.

at PooledBinaryReader.ReadByte () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at JournalEntryTip.Read (System.IO.BinaryReader _br) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlayerJournal.Read (System.IO.BinaryReader _br) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlayerDataFile.Read (System.IO.BinaryReader _br, UInt32 _version) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlayerDataFile.Load (System.String _dir, System.String _playerName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2019-04-22T11:19:32 645.877 ERR Loading backup player data failed for player '76561198077953732', rolling back: Failed to read past end of stream.

at PooledBinaryReader.ReadByte () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at JournalEntryTip.Read (System.IO.BinaryReader _br) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlayerJournal.Read (System.IO.BinaryReader _br) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlayerDataFile.Read (System.IO.BinaryReader _br, UInt32 _version) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlayerDataFile.Load (System.String _dir, System.String _playerName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2019-04-22T11:19:32 645.924 INF Created player with id=1601

2019-04-22T11:19:32 645.925 INF Loaded player

Can you write down the steps you do to reproduce it?

Thank you!

i have started about 4 games, played normally for a few hours then exited game. not sure which quests i had active on any of them, but when i would load a save i would be back at level one. then id start a new game, rinse repeat.

i opened the game i started last night, error came up on player load. killed a few zed, gained a few levels. tried exiting with quest active(kill 100 zombies) and without, tried reloading the save and reloading game and save. no repeat.

started new game. exited and reloaded, no issue. started doing beginning quest, crafted ax opened crates. read quest notes, set journey to settlement quest active. exited and reloaded back to level 1 and error on player load.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! BUG FOUND!!

started new game. exited and reloaded, no issue. started doing beginning quest, crafted ax opened crates. read quest notes, set journey to settlement quest active. exited and reloaded back to level 1 and error on player load.

Okay, I can verify THIS now!

I did the exact same steps like described, and after reading the "Reread Intro Message"-Quest exited the Game and reloaded. Bamm.

So it's THIS Quest. (That's the Reason I never had that problem on my side, as I never read that Message again - I know that story already...)

Not sure what's the problem (and now I understand why someone thought there is a spell error there), but for now I will deactivate that Quest and remove it.

So, if you want to stay on Version 0.2.2 and did NOT YET have the problem, scrap that Quest paper please ("Reread Starting Intro").

I will push the Fix and also some other Balancing stuff soon...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH @thedu !!

IMPORTANT NOTICE! BUG FOUND!!

Okay, I can verify THIS now!

I did the exact same steps like described, and after reading the "Reread Intro Message"-Quest exited the Game and reloaded. Bamm.

So it's THIS Quest. (That's the Reason I never had that problem on my side, as I never read that Message again - I know that story already...)

Not sure what's the problem (and now I understand why someone thought there is a spell error there), but for now I will deactivate that Quest and remove it.

So, if you want to stay on Version 0.2.2 and did NOT YET have the problem, scrap that Quest paper please ("Reread Starting Intro").

I will push the Fix and also some other Balancing stuff soon...

YELP .. that could be it .. Read quest notes last night before leaving game .. thinking I should read them _ because it might be something important: (silly me) .. but when I returned this morning .. it seemed OK for about the first 20 minutes and then it went back to 0 day 1 .

Glad it was found and I had just started a new game.

the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

BorderlandZ v0.2.3 IMPORTANT BUGFIX UPDATE!!

What's new in the 0.2.3 update:

Here is a list of included Changes from BorderlandZ 0.2.2 to 0.2.3 :

• Added ingame BorderlandZ-Logo
  • Small Bugfixes in localization and recipes
  • Reduced Phase 2 and 3 of the Starting Player Hardening from 40min each to 10min each (so total not 90min but 30min only)
  • Changed the second Trader-Quest, also changed when you get the Security-Box (not at the Trader already, but after the second Trader-Quest fulfilled)
  • Reduced Fight-for-your-life from 15sec to 10sec, propably still too long but for now I want you to have fun ;-)
  • Changed Light brightness on all Vehicles (inclusive Manux' and Dust2Death's that have this feature) to x10 (thanx to Ragsy2145 for the original code!)
  • Increased Bricks Berserking Damage x2-x3
  • Slightly adjustes BOSS-Hitpoints
  • Slightly adjusted weapon drop chances
  • Added 2 more Perk levels to Gunslinger, ShotgunMessiah, AutomaticWeapons and DeadEye
  • Added 2 more Bandoliers for 50% and 75% Reload-speed increase and 2 Absorper Pads for HandArmor
  • BUGFIX for Save/Load-Error after Reading the Quest "Reread Starting Intro" - removed that Quest for the moment.

Here is a list of included Changes from BorderlandZ 0.2.1 to 0.2.2 :

• Added a first version of the BorderlandZ-Menu
  • Added Dust2Deaths HDHQ-Items, but only the Spotlight which is far better than the vanilla one
  • Ammozone Packages rebalanced
  • Another small Reduction of the Loot (still it's way too much, but I want you to test all the cool things in this Mod until it hits a later stage! ;-)
  • After looting standard Garbage and Bird's Nests these will be destroyed
  • Adjusted Recipes and Hitpoints for the Fortified Iron Bars (more ressources needed for a stronger block)
  • Added two more vanilla Gun mods (MuzzleBrake and Silencer) to the QSR enabled mods (that is Quality range + randomized stats)
  • Increased Output window from 6 to 12 Slots
  • Increased possible Crafting-Ingredients from 5 to 10 Slots (thanx to DCM/Baobab)
  • Workaround/Fix for the Sound Bugs on some of Robelotos Custom Zombies

Here is a list of included Changes from BorderlandZ 0.2 to 0.2.1 :

• Reverted Heat Reduction of all Ranged Weapons, increased Pistol Heat, but still reduced ALL(!!) silenced Weapons Heat to 50% (Vanilla was no Reduction at all)
  • Reduced Money and Ammo Loot
  • Reduced Sell prices and increased Buy prices about 10% each
  • Reduced Ammozone Shotgun shipment to 50% (prizes of Ammozone are between Ammo crafting prices (lowest) and Trader Ammo prices (highest))
  • Reduced Berserking Damage Reduction (from max +60 to generally +30 Points, was way too OP)
  • Doubled Zombie Sight Range (from 30m to 60m, still lower than Vulture 70m)
  • Slightly increased Biome Zombie spawning

Manual Installation : UPDATE 0.2.3! You need an older BorderlandZ Mod v0.2.x for this!

>> Dropbox-Link BorderlandZ v0.2.3 UpdateOnly (22MB) <<

BorderlandZ is updated in the ModLaucher @Sphereii so please hit Pre-Sync Mod on the Mod Page first before playing!

(Dedicated Server Files will be made available when requested)

So that's where the bug came from. That makes sense, since you first see that note when you start the game, so if you reread it, the game thinks you're starting from the beginning again?

So it's good to know I won't have to worry about that bug anymore, since that paper is gone. I'm torn on whether to update, because I like the loot as it was, but those extra bandoliers sound sweet... :)

Installed this mod through the mod launcher. And I thought Ravenhearst was hard, wow. Nicely done, I really love that you have to run and gun and barely get a moment's rest. I stood on top of a dumpster to deal with my skills til a cop came up on me. Great mod! Love the guns!

Installed this mod through the mod launcher. And I thought Ravenhearst was hard, wow. Nicely done, I really love that you have to run and gun and barely get a moment's rest. I stood on top of a dumpster to deal with my skills til a cop came up on me. Great mod! Love the guns!

Just Wait until You SEE the BIG Guys Have Fun and Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Just Wait until You SEE the BIG Guys Have Fun and Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

:-)

right you are!

PS: I will push another small Update soon, it will be 0.2.3 Save Game compatible, so no new beginning needed, but will have a better Intro into the Mod.

Now, if people won't read the intro messages, I can't help them of course, but at least I'm trying ;-)

(REALLY! GUYS! YOUTUBERS!!! I really appreciate you streaming my Mod, really!!! REALLY!

Only do me a favor, or better do YOURSELF a favor, READ the intro description! You WILL MISS OUT 90% OF WHAT THE MOD HAS TO OFFER!!

Serious.)

right you are!

PS: I will push another small Update soon, it will be 0.2.3 Save Game compatible, so no new beginning needed, but will have a better Intro into the Mod.

Now, if people won't read the intro messages, I can't help them of course, but at least I'm trying ;-)

(REALLY! GUYS! YOUTUBERS!!! I really appreciate you streaming my Mod, really!!! REALLY!

Only do me a favor, or better do YOURSELF a favor, READ the intro description! You WILL MISS OUT 90% OF WHAT THE MOD HAS TO OFFER!!

Serious.)

I Think i have done a good job at that! :)

It helps to have played a lot of borderlands though!

Please work your magic, and give us Maya Phaselock! :) (Joking)

I Think i have done a good job at that! :)

It helps to have played a lot of borderlands though!

Please work your magic, and give us Maya Phaselock! :) (Joking)

Yep! I think you were one of the first using the ActionSkills!

+1

(Not sure which ActionSkill I will add later on, mostly sure is some "DeathWing" kind "Spawning Creatures" which will hunt down all enemies near you, what else isn't clear yet... But before this, I will rework all Skills and complete Progression, so all different Action Skills are only ONE Skill in that "Character" level tree and it will be a bit more complex and difficult to choose the one "Class" you wanna play... 0.3 will propably have a first draft of that...)

right you are!

Serious.)

@ rucky

I Think I know whom we are talking about .. as HE stumbled thought just opening stuff .. I tell them ALL that I've asked to play .. Take a Look at INTRO First ..

Anyway .. I'm having Fun with it so far … We have some strange Z's in this Mod. .. As I always say .. Have Fun and Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

PS: Thank goodness .. with No restart .. Just got done this morning @ about 2:30am EDT with base build .. more or less.

When can we expect a server pack for those of us that want to run multiplayer with friends and family

You can do this now. Just install the mod on the server, then every client that wants to play on the server will have to have the mod installed.

With this type of mod, it is not currently possible to make it server-side only.

Archived