White River - Tools of Citizenship Quests A20, with DF & Multiple Languages

ShoudenKalferas

3 minutes ago, XRedx-xDragonX said:

It's an application off of Nexusmods.com that auto installs mods into the game. It puts them in the correct folder for you. 

Ahhh I already know what you're talking about, I haven't used the Nexus launcher for a while, that's why I didn't know about this new one.
Well it could be that it causes you some error, you could try to install the mod manually and see if it works correctly.
Regards

@XRedx-xDragonX This error would pop up if the REQUIRED mod isn't installed or is otherwise not working. Look in your console output for the list of mods that it is loading. The very first WhiteRiverToC one in your list should look similar to:

2020-11-09T13:18:25 1.251 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: WhiteRiverToC__REQUIRED
2020-11-09T13:18:25 1.257 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: White River Tools of Citizenship (A19.2_1.0a)

If this one doesn't or isn't loading into your game first, then that item "questitem_toc_citizencard_name" won't exist. This specific item is the citizen card.

I did try to use Vortex with the game but ran into odd issues and decided in the end it wasn't worth it. Installing mods is fairly easy and just drag and drop so Vortex doesn't really give any great advantage.

-----

Sorry for the delay on this release. Not to trouble ya'll with real-world problems, but my house's AC went out and my test rig is a small nuclear reactor.. so my work is on-hold until the AC is fixed later this week.

Edited by ShoudenKalferas (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 1:06 PM, ShoudenKalferas said:

@XRedx-xDragonX This error would pop up if the REQUIRED mod isn't installed or is otherwise not working. Look in your console output for the list of mods that it is loading. The very first WhiteRiverToC one in your list should look similar to:

2020-11-09T13:18:25 1.251 INF [MODS] Trying to load from folder: WhiteRiverToC__REQUIRED
2020-11-09T13:18:25 1.257 INF [MODS] Loaded Mod: White River Tools of Citizenship (A19.2_1.0a)

If this one doesn't or isn't loading into your game first, then that item "questitem_toc_citizencard_name" won't exist. This specific item is the citizen card.

I did try to use Vortex with the game but ran into odd issues and decided in the end it wasn't worth it. Installing mods is fairly easy and just drag and drop so Vortex doesn't really give any great advantage.

-----

Sorry for the delay on this release. Not to trouble ya'll with real-world problems, but my house's AC went out and my test rig is a small nuclear reactor.. so my work is on-hold until the AC is fixed later this week.

Thanks. I figured it out. The had to take the other folders out of the main in put into the Mod folder. It was putting the whole folder in the Mod which was causing the issue. The Mod runs fine now. Thanks for all the help. I'm liking it so far. 

• 3 months later...

FYI -- I'll be running through final 19.4 validation of the quests tonight and will then post a new version of this quest pack that is 19.4 tested. Please be aware this next release I publish has a fix for a loophole that was allowing players to craft writs without having accepted the quest initially. This bugfix and change to how these quests flow will mean if you update to the new version of the quest pack on a live server, anyone with a quest will need to drop it and start it over. I'm going to recommend on the release notes that the new version be installed onto new games. This isn't a hard requirement, but just a suggestion. Again, just to reiterate, if you install the 19.4 release onto a live server, anyone with an active Tools of Citizenship quest would have to drop that quest and do it over again (as they wouldn't have the token coin in their inventory to craft the writ to complete the quest)

43 minutes ago, ShoudenKalferas said:

Sorry for the delay on this, but I ran into an issue last minute and ran out of time to get this release out today. All other test checked out other than this one detail. I will be able to wrap up this last item and publish a new release later today (Thursday).

All good and really no rush because the groups I play with are just in the process of making new Worlds to accommodate the update and discussions about the next environment are ongoing. I for one just appreciate that you keep it up to date because it really adds quality to a server experience.

If I had a request for consideration, such as asking if the Leon SMG final quest could give a level 5-6 instead of 4-6 would you prefer we amend that ourselves or request it as a general update? I only ask as this quest is 3 stage and very resource heavy and a level 4 Leon at stage 2 can simply be replaced with a lower level 4 after a long quest collection of pistols and SMGs for the stage 3 reward.

10 hours ago, arramus said:

All good and really no rush because the groups I play with are just in the process of making new Worlds to accommodate the update and discussions about the next environment are ongoing. I for one just appreciate that you keep it up to date because it really adds quality to a server experience.

If I had a request for consideration, such as asking if the Leon SMG final quest could give a level 5-6 instead of 4-6 would you prefer we amend that ourselves or request it as a general update? I only ask as this quest is 3 stage and very resource heavy and a level 4 Leon at stage 2 can simply be replaced with a lower level 4 after a long quest collection of pistols and SMGs for the stage 3 reward.

I accept requests through any means most convenient to the submittor:

• reply to this thread
  • private message here on the forum
  • GIT pull request
  • 7dtd Official Discord Server

Your request makes sense to me and I'll make sure to include it in this 19.4 release. Although its worth noting that I did lower the requirements for basic Leon's. Here are the current requirements:

Basic Level: 2 Pistols (results in Tier 3-4 Leons SMG)

Veteran Level: Degraded Leon SMG + 10 Pistols + 5 SMGs (will now result in Tier 5-6 Leons SMG)

When I play through this on my own server, I usually skip fixing the Degraded Leon's SMG from the Basic level and use that to work through the Veteran level version of the quest. Although this is really more of a "pro tip" of people who know the quest and have been through it. Average players would probably work through obtaining the Basic Tier3-4 Leons SMG first, then realize later they need another Degraded Leon's SMG item to kick off the Veteran's Level quest. It's a round-about way of making the Veteran's level a bit more complicated to work through. ;)

Thank you

1 hour ago, ShoudenKalferas said:

Your request makes sense to me and I'll make sure to include it in this 19.4 release. Although its worth noting that I did lower the requirements for basic Leon's. Here are the current requirements:

Basic Level: 2 Pistols (results in Tier 3-4 Leons SMG)

Veteran Level: Degraded Leon SMG + 10 Pistols + 5 SMGs (will now result in Tier 5-6 Leons SMG)

When I play through this on my own server, I usually skip fixing the Degraded Leon's SMG from the Basic level and use that to work through the Veteran level version of the quest. Although this is really more of a "pro tip" of people who know the quest and have been through it. Average players would probably work through obtaining the Basic Tier3-4 Leons SMG first, then realize later they need another Degraded Leon's SMG item to kick off the Veteran's Level quest. It's a round-about way of making the Veteran's level a bit more complicated to work through. ;)

Thank you

That is very kind, thank you. I shall keep the pro tip a secret and allow regulars to work it out over time :)

• ShoudenKalferas changed the title to White River - Tools of Citizenship Quests A19.4, with DF & Multiple Languages

At long last, I've completed the release and have quite a bit packed into it. Sorry for the long wait on this one. As mentioned before, I would recommend you use this on a new game. But if that is not possible or undesirable, please be aware that anyone with an active quest will have to drop it and start the quest over. There is a critical bugfix in this release that closes a loophole that previously was allowing players to craft a writ for a quest, without ever having started the quest. This loophole is fixed by handing the player a token coin when they first start the quest, and requiring them to use that token when they craft the writ item.

As usual, please let me know if you find any bugs, typos, or otherwise have any issues.

White River Tools of Citizenship A19.4_1.0:

CHANGELOG:

German localization translated by sechsterversuch & Zeeeni. Big thanks to them for this!

All other language translations generated via IBM Watson Language Translator

New Quests Added:
  • Amelia’s Gyrocopter
  • Molino Bulletproof Glass
  • Created Darkness Falls Compatibility Modlet, that allows this quest pack to be used with Darkness Falls.

Additions to Existing Quests:
  • Added a Remington’s Steel 762 Auto Turret to the Remington Steel Ammo quest. This turret fires slower, aims slower, and has a smaller turn radius, but uses the steel 762 ammo and does more damage in turn. 

Bugfixes:
  • Writ exploit/loophole fixed. No longer can players endlessly craft writs without having worked through the quest itself. The fix implements a token coin that is provided to the player when they accept the quest that is an ingredient in crafting the writ. A player without this token coin would be unable to craft the writ.
  • Fixed bug with quest pack’s lootable books.
  • Fixed multiple small typos in various Localization.txt files.
  • Added the proper perk enhancements to the Deschain’s Revolver, Bambi’s Bow, Daryl’s Crossbow, and Rick Danger’s Augers quest items.

Tuning:
  • Completely re-tuned the Dundee’s Knife as it was substantially over-powered in comparison to vanilla. The intention of this quest pack has always been to only provide items that are a notch better than vanilla, so as to not throw off overall balancing of the game.
  • Reduced the amount of bicycle parts and overall higher tier loot provided by the citizen’s crates.
  • Adjusted the loot in BlackBart’s coffin to be gold & silver instead of dukes to better follow the storyline.
  • Made the steel ammo more difficult to craft. Repair kits are easy to come by, so weapon damage alone is not enough of a detriment to the extra damage and ease of crafting that steel ammo provides. Also tuned the ammo to cause more weapon degradation.
  • Adjusted the AI behavior and difficulty of the Spirit of Vengeance boss.
  • Added longShaft tag to Bunyan’s FireAxe, Jason’s Machete, and Rick Danger’s Augers to allow them to hold the burning shaft mod.
  • Added sneak damage bonus to Jason’s Machete
  • Reduced the probability of finding the dark tower books. The item is supposed to be a legendary item, so it should be extremely difficult to collect all the books to obtain it.
  • Reduced the block damage on both Rick Danger Augers as they were too over powered.

@Souhank -- I just ran through this again and the quests only ask you to craft one declaration of citizenship and when you do, it gives you one quest, which when you complete.. completes properly. The game mechanics (And the quest pack) *do* allow you to hold more than one of the same quest at the same time. But the in-game mechanics don't work properly if you complete more than one of the same quest at the same time. It ends up breaking one or more of the quests, requiring you to drop those quests (as they aren't completable). The quest pack is functioning properly and as designed. This is left this way on purpose so that if you lose your citizenship card or would like to pursue a 100Z or 1000Z card, you have the ability to do the basic quest again a second or third time. The trick is to stagger them so they don't complete at the same time. Say if you are working on two 100Z quests, start one, kill 50 zombies, then start the second one, and kill another 50 zombies, then turn in the first quest which completed, kill 50 more, then turn in the second quest.

The download for this modlet isn't working, i've tried to download this and put it into the mods folder on my dedicated server but it won't do anything. in fact it makes my dedicated server console disappear instead. i've tried deleting every modlet i have as well so it definitely isn't compatibility issues unless it isn't compatible with darkness falls but i've also put the DF compatible file into the mods folder as well. whats going on?

On 3/14/2021 at 9:28 AM, ShoudenKalferas said:

@Souhank -- I just ran through this again and the quests only ask you to craft one declaration of citizenship and when you do, it gives you one quest, which when you complete.. completes properly. The game mechanics (And the quest pack) *do* allow you to hold more than one of the same quest at the same time. But the in-game mechanics don't work properly if you complete more than one of the same quest at the same time. It ends up breaking one or more of the quests, requiring you to drop those quests (as they aren't completable). The quest pack is functioning properly and as designed. This is left this way on purpose so that if you lose your citizenship card or would like to pursue a 100Z or 1000Z card, you have the ability to do the basic quest again a second or third time. The trick is to stagger them so they don't complete at the same time. Say if you are working on two 100Z quests, start one, kill 50 zombies, then start the second one, and kill another 50 zombies, then turn in the first quest which completed, kill 50 more, then turn in the second quest.

damn sounds liek a sick mod way to nuke the fun pimps quest system and storyline :)

Question Shoulden would i be able to play it with my potato of a PC?

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz    54 °C
    Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM
    4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
    Hewlett-Packard 3048h (XU1 PROCESSOR)
Graphics
    DELL 1704FPV (1280x1024@60Hz)
    DELL 1704FPV (1280x1024@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (ZOTAC International)    64 °C
Storage
    465GB Seagate ST3500413AS (SATA)    40 °C
    465GB Seagate ST3500630NS (SATA)    44 °C
Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50
Audio
    High Definition Audio Device

On 3/12/2021 at 11:06 PM, ShoudenKalferas said:

At long last, I've completed the release and have quite a bit packed into it. Sorry for the long wait on this one. As mentioned before, I would recommend you use this on a new game. But if that is not possible or undesirable, please be aware that anyone with an active quest will have to drop it and start the quest over. There is a critical bugfix in this release that closes a loophole that previously was allowing players to craft a writ for a quest, without ever having started the quest. This loophole is fixed by handing the player a token coin when they first start the quest, and requiring them to use that token when they craft the writ item.

As usual, please let me know if you find any bugs, typos, or otherwise have any issues.

White River Tools of Citizenship A19.4_1.0:

CHANGELOG:

German localization translated by sechsterversuch & Zeeeni. Big thanks to them for this!

All other language translations generated via IBM Watson Language Translator

New Quests Added:
  • Amelia’s Gyrocopter
  • Molino Bulletproof Glass
  • Created Darkness Falls Compatibility Modlet, that allows this quest pack to be used with Darkness Falls.

Additions to Existing Quests:
  • Added a Remington’s Steel 762 Auto Turret to the Remington Steel Ammo quest. This turret fires slower, aims slower, and has a smaller turn radius, but uses the steel 762 ammo and does more damage in turn. 

Bugfixes:
  • Writ exploit/loophole fixed. No longer can players endlessly craft writs without having worked through the quest itself. The fix implements a token coin that is provided to the player when they accept the quest that is an ingredient in crafting the writ. A player without this token coin would be unable to craft the writ.
  • Fixed bug with quest pack’s lootable books.
  • Fixed multiple small typos in various Localization.txt files.
  • Added the proper perk enhancements to the Deschain’s Revolver, Bambi’s Bow, Daryl’s Crossbow, and Rick Danger’s Augers quest items.

Tuning:
  • Completely re-tuned the Dundee’s Knife as it was substantially over-powered in comparison to vanilla. The intention of this quest pack has always been to only provide items that are a notch better than vanilla, so as to not throw off overall balancing of the game.
  • Reduced the amount of bicycle parts and overall higher tier loot provided by the citizen’s crates.
  • Adjusted the loot in BlackBart’s coffin to be gold & silver instead of dukes to better follow the storyline.
  • Made the steel ammo more difficult to craft. Repair kits are easy to come by, so weapon damage alone is not enough of a detriment to the extra damage and ease of crafting that steel ammo provides. Also tuned the ammo to cause more weapon degradation.
  • Adjusted the AI behavior and difficulty of the Spirit of Vengeance boss.
  • Added longShaft tag to Bunyan’s FireAxe, Jason’s Machete, and Rick Danger’s Augers to allow them to hold the burning shaft mod.
  • Added sneak damage bonus to Jason’s Machete
  • Reduced the probability of finding the dark tower books. The item is supposed to be a legendary item, so it should be extremely difficult to collect all the books to obtain it.
  • Reduced the block damage on both Rick Danger Augers as they were too over powered.

Thank you so much. Incredible work!

On 3/14/2021 at 9:28 AM, ShoudenKalferas said:

is there anyway i can get this on vanilla through the mod launcher :)

• 2 months later...

These quests are totally broken and exploitable. The code is bloated with redundant entries that should have been addressed by creating master items and extending those rather than coding each individually. There should be checks written in to prevent multiple 10z, 100z, and 1000z quests from being done at the same time as I have tested crafting and completing 300 10z quests simultaneously. There is no limit in the game on how many quests can be active at the same time that I have reached so far (400+ in testing so far) and it literally takes more time to read and accept each quest than kill the whole 10 zombies needed to max out every attribute and perk.

• 1 month later...

First off, I want to let you know that I and my entire group (The Fluffy Bunnies) just LOVE your quests and hope that more are to come.  They are easily the best thing we have seen in a while and definitely help relieve the boredom of only doing fetch, dig or clear quests.  However, we have found an issue with the Kuva's Red Armor quest.  It appears that when you go to make the writ the quest does not recognize the Red Dye.  I have tried finding the dye, buying the dye, getting the dye from another player and even using Admin Commands to spawn it and nothing seems to work.  I will say that we are also using the 42 Total Dye Workstation from https://7daystodiemods.com/server-side-xml-mods-by-highope/  Could that be an issue?  If not and its a bug can you let me know to fix it until you have time to update the mod?  If it IS the issue, can you let me know how to fix it so it will work with that other mod since we have a few people that love having more dye colors than vanilla.  Thank you again for some really great quests.

• 1 month later...

Anyone remember how to start the Spirit of Vengeance quest (kill the big demon)? I started it and started fighting him but ran out of bullets - so took off back to my base to stock up on more bullets and when I returned he wasn't there anymore. So I abandoned the quest and forgot what I need to start it again...

Like materials or something or a letter or...?
Thanks.

Nevermind - I figured it out. I forgot about creating the different quests cards that reward you the Elite/Veteran cards etc which gives you different quest choices. I'm doing the 1000 zombie quest again. Going to load up on 7.62 bullets, Recog and Fort Bites next time...  He's going down NEXT TIME...

Edited by Sugarfree (see edit history)

On 6/6/2021 at 6:23 AM, Griz1231 said:

These quests are totally broken and exploitable. The code is bloated with redundant entries that should have been addressed by creating master items and extending those rather than coding each individually. There should be checks written in to prevent multiple 10z, 100z, and 1000z quests from being done at the same time as I have tested crafting and completing 300 10z quests simultaneously. There is no limit in the game on how many quests can be active at the same time that I have reached so far (400+ in testing so far) and it literally takes more time to read and accept each quest than kill the whole 10 zombies needed to max out every attribute and perk.

Pretty harsh criticism here. The game currently does not let you complete more than one quest at a time that are named the same. So hypothetically if you created 20 citizenship quests to kill 10 zombies, then went out and killed the 10 zombies.. the game would only let you turn in one quest. Although with that said, you aren't the first person to suggest it is a bit OP to have this specific quest give a skillpoint. I'll take another stab at seeing if I can come up with some way to restrict this quest somehow. At the moment, offhand, I don't know of any way to do this. If you have a suggestion here, I'd appreciate it. It does seem a bit unfair to call the entire modpack broken and exploitable because one quest in it gives out 1 SP. You can easily change that one quest to not give a skillpoint out and fix this.

The code being bloated and redundant. I am aware that there is some duplication of vanilla code when I create a custom weapon, for example. But this doesn't affect the usability of the modpack and as best as I've seen in my testing doesn't affect the playability or performance of even a moderate gaming machine.

On 7/17/2021 at 12:04 PM, raymondbarberjr said:

First off, I want to let you know that I and my entire group (The Fluffy Bunnies) just LOVE your quests and hope that more are to come.  They are easily the best thing we have seen in a while and definitely help relieve the boredom of only doing fetch, dig or clear quests.  However, we have found an issue with the Kuva's Red Armor quest.  It appears that when you go to make the writ the quest does not recognize the Red Dye.  I have tried finding the dye, buying the dye, getting the dye from another player and even using Admin Commands to spawn it and nothing seems to work.  I will say that we are also using the 42 Total Dye Workstation from https://7daystodiemods.com/server-side-xml-mods-by-highope/  Could that be an issue?  If not and its a bug can you let me know to fix it until you have time to update the mod?  If it IS the issue, can you let me know how to fix it so it will work with that other mod since we have a few people that love having more dye colors than vanilla.  Thank you again for some really great quests.

I'll take a look at this soon and let you know what I find.

@raymondbarberjr Okay so HighHope's Red Dye mod appears to add a ton of new dyes to the game that have the same visible name as the existing dyes. There are actually TWO different items that show up in the admin list of items with the name "Dye: Red" item# 1157 is the correct item to use with the mod. I don't see any evidence that his mod removes the original vanilla dyes... but he adds all his to the loot table.. and there are MANY more of them than the original. So this greatly decreases your chances of finding the "correct" red dye. Sadly, there isn't anything I can do about his mod working that way. Even if I were to create my own dye item in my mod instead of using the vanilla, that would not increase the chances of finding this dye instead of HH's.

On top of that, I am sadly now able to confirm that with the 19.6 version, the game now allows players to turn in countless/infinite number of the zombie quest.. making this modpack exploitable. Even setting repeatable=false on the quest does not prevent this. The only way I can see around this is to give new players the declaration of citizenship quest item, and make it so they can NOT craft new declarations. I can also add the base citizenship card to the world with a low drop rate. This should ensure no one can abuse this mechanic until they fix the repeatable=false flag on the quest code.

• ShoudenKalferas changed the title to White River - Tools of Citizenship Quests A19.6, with DF & Multiple Languages

White River Tools of Citizenship A19.6_1.0:

Modified the way a new player obtains the +Declaration of Citizenship quest starter to kill 10 zombies. Instead of it being craftable, now you are given one of these from the trader initially, or you may find one randomly in the loot inside a zombie lootbag. This means this questpack can still be either dropped into a new game or an existing game. I *DID NOT* retest the Darkness Falls compatibility modlet with A19.6. I do acknowledge the above report that there might be an issue with the compatibility modlet and I'll take a look at that for the next release. I wanted to make sure to pus this bugfix out first to eliminate the exploit that was possible. TFP changed the quest code between A19.4 and A19.6 which is what allowed that exploit to occur. Many apologies for the long delay since my last posts earlier this year. Like many families in this pandemic, I experienced loss that took time for me to come to terms with.

CHANGELOG:
Changes:
  • Reduced all citizenship quest skillpoint rewards by 1, effectively ensuring the 10z quest no longer gives players a skillpoint.
Bugfixes:
  • Fixed bad exploit that was allowing players to create infinite number of declarations of citizenship, then killing 10 zombies, and obtaining infinite skillpoints. Now the player is given ONE Declaration of Citizenship from the trader when they start. Beyond that, they may randomly find other previous citizen's cards in zombie lootbags.

White River Tools of Citizenship A19.6

So one thing I am all of a sudden seeing is:

When I complete a quest for them - and you get the crates...  I have busted open the crates to loot the boxes - and the boxes are NON-INTERACTIVE. I don't know what's causing this all of a sudden. But it's not just that - I went to do the quest for the red gear (Kauva or whatever) and when I found the location, dug down to reveal the chest to open - it was ALSO non-interactive....

Has this happened to anyone else or is there a fix for it?

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Sugarfree said:

White River Tools of Citizenship A19.6

So one thing I am all of a sudden seeing is:

When I complete a quest for them - and you get the crates...  I have busted open the crates to loot the boxes - and the boxes are NON-INTERACTIVE. I don't know what's causing this all of a sudden. But it's not just that - I went to do the quest for the red gear (Kauva or whatever) and when I found the location, dug down to reveal the chest to open - it was ALSO non-interactive....

Has this happened to anyone else or is there a fix for it?

Thanks.

@SugarfreeAre you running other modlets or just this quest pack?

5 hours ago, ShoudenKalferas said:

@SugarfreeAre you running other modlets or just this quest pack?

I have about 40 assorted mods running from all different creators. But I have done these quests before - and have gotten the Trader reward crates and been able to open them before. It's all of a sudden that I can't... Let me try to think to my recent mods installed and see if anything might be causing a conflict...

• ShoudenKalferas changed the title to White River - Tools of Citizenship Quests A20, with DF & Multiple Languages