Robeloto's A20 modlets

Robeloto

Awesome, thank you.

No prob!

UPDATE!

10 new zombies added!

I have nerfed HP and damage on all zombies so now a lot of zombies can show up more often than before. I am very proud of my Predator zombie. I will make a video preview of every new zombie soon.

I made a new modlet also.

Nerf Them All (might change the name)

You think this game is easy and you are so bored you can't stand it? Good, check out this modlet. The name can be a bit confusing as it can also mean that the difficulty is decreased, but it is not. The 'easy to get stuff' is nerfed and the challenging stuff is increased. Maybe someone have an idea of a better name of this modlet? Anyway, almost everything in this modlet is nerfed to make the game much harder.This is making the early gamestage longer lasting and more challenging.

The white river citizen quest is removed and now you have to find a trader by yourself. Heat map strength for the workstations are increased. Noise heat map strength from weapons is also increased. Do not rely just on weapons, cause that will punish you....with screamers.

Farming takes now 7 hours for the crops to grow instead of 1 hour. Harvesting materials is reduced.

Safes is harder to break up. The wandering hordes is much larger. Stone tools do less damage on metal. All tools/weapons can break. Ammo damage is reduced.

Looting is heavily nerfed and finding a wrench is almost impossible. Auger, Crucible and Steel Pickaxe/Sledgehammer is removed from loot. Better to make them yourself now as it is "supposed" to be, Quest rewards are nerfed. I only buffed up the challenge rewards cause they were way too bad. Traders does not sell as much as in the original and they restock every 2 weeks. In progression I nerfed the Sledgehammer a lot, but it is still OP, just not as much.

I have listed everything that is nerfed down below.

Blocks

• Increased heat map strength, time and frequency with about 20~% for all workstationsThis will attract screamers a bit more than usual.
  • Decreased chance to get honey from tree stumps with 25%
  • Decreased all harvesting resources by 50%~
  • Farming is a lot harder now. Slowed down the crops growing rate with over 600%. It takes about 7 hours for the crops to grow now instead of 1h~.
  • Harder to break up safes, their durability is increased with over 300%. Makes more use of the lockpicks.

Gamestages
  • Get a large horde that is split up in 3 waves, each day.

Items
  • It is not realistic with stone tools do so much damage on safes and other metal objects. Now stone tools do much less damage on metal objects, except from the sledgehammer.
  • All tools and weapons can break
  • All ammo damage is reduced by 14%~
  • All damage from thrown explosives/molotovs is also reduced. The molotov also only lasts for about 8 seconds, instead of the unrealistic 16 seconds.
  • Vehicles durability is reduced by a lot. Now you actually have to repair them.

Loot
  • The chests and weapons bag has less items in them.
  • Removed Auger, Crucible, Steel Pickaxe and Steel Sledgehammer completely from the lootcontainers.
  • Also removed The Pickaxes from all lootcontainers, but you still can get an Iron Pickaxe from quests.
  • Treasure map loot chance reduced from a 0.09% chance to 0.02%. They should be rare to find.
  • Workstations and tool schematics is now much harder to find in the world.
  • Removed the wrench and forge schematic from the common tools group.
  • Wrench is removed from all the lootcontainers, except from the working stiffs with an incredibly low chance
  • Treasure loot decreased by half
  • Nailgun loot chance decreased by 30%
  • Less drinks from the drinks lootgroup
  • Less water from suitcases, luggage and fridges. Decreased water chance by 25%.
  • Lower chance to get water from the microwaves
  • Quest ammo reward is heavily reduced as it was way too much in original.
  • Quest thrown explosive ammo reward is also reduced. Molotov only last 8 seconds instead of 16.
  • Iron Sledgehammer loot chance from tools and the workingstiffs group is decreased

Progression
  • You now need to have Advanced Engineering level 4 to be able to craft a forge, tablesaw workbench, cementmixer and various traps.
  • Unlock wrench at Salvage Operations level 3 instead of 1.
  • Club is nerfed in the perks, nerf is about 20~30%
  • Sledgehammer is nerfed in the perks also. This weapon is still OP, even with the nerf. I would say the nerf is about 30~40%.
  • Stun Baton, only nerfed it a tiny bit as it is really no way an OP weapon, but just to even it out with the sledge and club weapons.

Quests
  • White river citizen quest is removed, so now you have to find a trader yourself without any help.
  • Better quest reward for the common challenges. Not a nerf, but these should have better rewards, cause everyone often ignores and scrap them for paper.

Recipes
  • Harder to make gunpowder. 50% more resources is needed. If it was a way to decrease the veins of coal and nitrate powder, I would have done that too.
  • Junkturret ammo now needs 5 iron instead of just 3.

Sounds
  • Noise heat map strength increased on all guns. Relying too much on ammo and weapons will punish you with screamers.

Traders
  • Removed Auger, Steel pickaxe, Steel sledgehammer, Crucible, Wrench, Forged iron/steel, placeable motorvehicles and workstations. Go make them yourself as it is "supposed" to be. Do not rely on traders so much!
  • Ammo is scarce so now the traders sells much less ammo. Ammo is often considered gold in this postapocalyptic world.
  • Building materials is also reduced, like cobblestone, cement and concrete mix.
  • Traders has less items to sell and the restock day is now every 2 weeks instead of daily.
  • Less items in vending machines and they never restock, well, they do... in 999 days, but who has gone so far in game days? It is not realistic that they get restocked so often in the original.

Thanks to Snufkins amazing discover on attaching prefabs to zeds I am going to rework on some of my zombies. Atm, I am just testing how the zombies look.

I attached the electric prefab to the shocker and maybe I am going with this if it doesn't cause any huge fps-drops.

A18.4_2020-03-18_12-08-521.jpg.cd5121fd6715d7f07dc309f18472b233.jpg

Edit:

A18.4_2020-03-18_13-27-00.jpg.7c4e81b1d5db559fb4ce345f8edb2810.jpg

There is some fps drop, mostly because of the shocker. Not much though. But I guess with 10 shockers, the fps would drop a lot. But you would never face so many anyway.

Edited by Robeloto (see edit history)

I am having too much fun testing this out. Have a fever atm, so currently I can only sit for about 30 mins, then I have to rest for a while again.

This is how Chroma look atm, yes he has a tail lol: https://streamable.com/p7z2o

The sparkling color thing is giving yellow errors (Particle System is trying to spawn on a mesh with zero surface area) in the console, but other than that I see no problems.

I am having too much fun testing this out. Have a fever atm, so currently I can only sit for about 30 mins, then I have to rest for a while again.

This is how Chroma look atm, yes he has a tail lol: https://streamable.com/p7z2o

The sparkling color thing is giving yellow errors (Particle System is trying to spawn on a mesh with zero surface area) in the console, but other than that I see no problems.

:biggrin-new:

https://streamable.com/xvxyi

I was so happy with their looks. With the burning particles(p_smoke) from their hand. But this was also giving yellow spam errors in the console. There is no way to turn yellow errors off in the console?

Any way to use these without the buffs? Id love to use these on my server without any of the custom buffs.

I could make a version without buffs. Can upload one later. You can do it yourself also. In the items.xml, check for these lines and set everyone to a value of 0.

<passive_effect name="BuffProcChance" operation="base_set" value="0"

And in entityclasses. xml

Just remove this line under Base Effects for every zombie that has it

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfFirstSpawn" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff=""/>   

For the shark what you could do is attach the prefab to another animal and using "TransformSetActive" to make the original mesh invisible.

That works?...

then please add a hitbox to the behemoth! o.o

<entity_class name="zombieBehemoth" extends="zombieTemplateMale">

<property name="Prefab" value="NPC4m"/>

<property name="SoundRandom" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Male2/zombiemale2roam"/>

<property name="SoundAlert" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Male2/zombiemale2alert"/>

<property name="SoundAttack" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Male2/zombiemale2attack"/>

<property name="SoundHurt" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Male2/zombiemale2pain"/>

<property name="SoundDeath" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Male2/zombiemale2death"/>

<property name="SoundSense" value="Enemies/Base_Zombie_Male2/zombiemale2sense"/>

<property name="Mesh" value="Monsters/Behemoth/BehemothRagdoll"/>

<property name="AvatarController" value="AvatarZombie01Controller"/>

<property name="ModelType" value="Standard"/>

<property name="WalkType" value="9"/>

<property name="ExperienceGain" value="6735"/>

<property name="MaxHealth" value="5000"/>

<property name="DeadBodyHitPoints" value="700"/>

<property name="PhysicsBody" value="zombieStandardFemale"/>

<property name="RootMotion" value="true"/>

<property name="HasDeathAnim" value="true"/>

<property name="ReplaceMaterial1" value="entities/zombies/materials/Z_eye1"/>

<property name="HandItem" value="meleeHandZombieBehemoth"/>

</entity_class>

For the shark what you could do is attach the prefab to another animal and using "TransformSetActive" to make the original mesh invisible.

Yes, what I did was adding the shark mesh over a swimming fish from Sphereiis mod A Better Life.Problem was, no attacking or HP. If I set it to a vanilla entity that does not swim or float it will walk at ground level, and it does not work well with the vulture entity. He will start to float up towards the air and he will disappear and NREs will appear in the console. It worked well with the lion mesh, but then it will be at ground level and will not swim and it will look really weird when the shark chases you on ground level. xD Without the mod, I am not sure how to get it to spawn in the water without the mod. This problems can probably be solved, but I am out of clues.

edit:

Yea, you could add the behemoth mesh over a normal zombie, but it will look weird as the ragdoll animations from the normal zombie will not sync with the behemoth mesh.

This one is really unrealistic. A corpse riding a gyrocopter with a minigun shooting at you. Only way to kill this one is to shoot at the gascan. Then it will explode.

This mod is going more and more unrealistic. I know some of you doesn't want too much fantasy so I am going to make another version that has only the most simple zombies and animals.

I will look into the Behemoth when I have some time.

I had a hacky idea for a working shark, will upload a video if it works >:3

Nice, hope you will get it working. Are you good with Unity? Wish I was more experienced with it and how it works. Maybe the ragdolls could be exported to Blender somehow? I see in Unity that the Behemoth ragdoll has no collider. If this can be added without any problems, maybe the Behemoth will have a working hitbox?

Nice, hope you will get it working. Are you good with Unity? Wish I was more experienced with it and how it works. Maybe the ragdolls could be exported to Blender somehow? I see in Unity that the Behemoth ragdoll has no collider. If this can be added without any problems, maybe the Behemoth will have a working hitbox?

Yeah, but the fun is in making it without resorting to external resources. I was able to add collision meshes to the behemoth like I did with my vehicles, but sadly it doesn't register raycasts, only collisions with blocks and entities :c

I was so happy with their looks. With the burning particles(p_smoke) from their hand. But this was also giving yellow spam errors in the console. There is no way to turn yellow errors off in the console?

I could make a version without buffs. Can upload one later. You can do it yourself also. In the items.xml, check for these lines and set everyone to a value of 0.

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfFirstSpawn" action="AddBuff" target="self" buff=""/> 

Ah okay nice thanks so much!

Edit I did what you said and these errors popped up in console. https://imgur.com/LT33PwG

Edited by Copendub (see edit history)

Edit I did what you said and these errors popped up in console. https://imgur.com/LT33PwG

Ok, try this one: https://easyupload.io/fqpcrl

I cannot try this out atm, so tell me if this works.

Yeah, but the fun is in making it without resorting to external resources. I was able to add collision meshes to the behemoth like I did with my vehicles, but sadly it doesn't register raycasts, only collisions with blocks and entities :c

Damn =/ So it is still missing something. Maybe the working ragdolls could pinpoint what it's missing?

V 2.7 added. 4 new zombies: CopterCorpse, FireFly, FireSnake and SkullBird.

Also some new items that is useful in end game; supernailgun, steelbootsofhaste, magicplatearmor

New looks on zeds.

xml only version please =)

• Robeloto changed the title to Robeloto's A20 modlets