CCTVs - A21.2 Vanilla version

xyth

• 1 month later...

Update: Fixed xml errors related to varianthelper, removed same for now. Fixed the brightness during the day, possible FPS improvements.

Fixes the brightness during the day, but you will need to light the cameras viewing area well at night now. It is basically using the same settings as the player camera now, with a much tighter view angle and shorter rendering distance (100 blocks)

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First, this mod does what it does without any added code so it maintains full vanilla compatibility.  Much of what you are asking for would require new code.

You can set each camera to pan by wiring it (add a wire then remove the wire) then pressing E to active the panning of that camera.

On labeling, I guess you could add a player made sign near each one.  The screen 0-3 will display one camera or all 4 (cams 0-3) bepending on your choice after pressing the E key until it is on the camera/cameras  you want then press E once more to lock it there.

• 7 months later...

Great work on this mod, but does this have problems with the latest alphas? I've noticed two issues.

When I place a large monitor, the visual representation is shifted to the right a half block. So, if you have something placed next to it, part of the screen is hidden. The small monitor is fine.

Earlier in the thread you say that there is a small fps drop with each camera. I run with mostly high or ultra settings at 1440 and without cameras I get about 100 fps in my test area. Adding 4 cameras this drops down to low 50s. I have a gtx 1080 and i5-8600k locked at 4.6ghz and they are averaging 65% and 40% load respectively so they are not struggling.

With 2 cameras fps is in the 70s which is ok, and if the large monitors were displayed correctly it will work for what I want.

And one question, is the difference between large and small cameras just displayed size?

23 hours ago, seven said:

Great work on this mod, but does this have problems with the latest alphas? I've noticed two issues.

When I place a large monitor, the visual representation is shifted to the right a half block. So, if you have something placed next to it, part of the screen is hidden. The small monitor is fine.

Earlier in the thread you say that there is a small fps drop with each camera. I run with mostly high or ultra settings at 1440 and without cameras I get about 100 fps in my test area. Adding 4 cameras this drops down to low 50s. I have a gtx 1080 and i5-8600k locked at 4.6ghz and they are averaging 65% and 40% load respectively so they are not struggling.

With 2 cameras fps is in the 70s which is ok, and if the large monitors were displayed correctly it will work for what I want.

And one question, is the difference between large and small cameras just displayed size?

The only difference is the model.  One is large and old school, the smaller is newer design.  I will take a look at the FPS issue.  I did extensive testing in A19 early builds and it was minimal FPS impact.  perhaps something changed in recent builds.

Pushed new version.  Fixed large monito placement offset.  TFP changed multidim orientation.  Fixed invalid layer index warning.  Slowed panning significantly so you can sneak past cameras.  Maybe some improvement in FPS hit but it is significantly worst in 19.3.   Without reducing range and angle of resolution on the cameras, I'm not sure I can do more.  TFP changed something.  Unity always has issues with video components across release versions so hopefully the A20 Unity version will help.

Thanks, that fixed the monitor placement. I didn't notice any improvement in FPS but that's ok. I suppose those range and angle settings are baked into the unity assets and can't be exposed in the xml so we could change them? I did enable advanced rotation so I can put the monitors on the ceiling. That way I can just quick look up, and it saves precious wall space. It didn't seem to cause any problems.

4 hours ago, seven said:

Thanks, that fixed the monitor placement. I didn't notice any improvement in FPS but that's ok. I suppose those range and angle settings are baked into the unity assets and can't be exposed in the xml so we could change them? I did enable advanced rotation so I can put the monitors on the ceiling. That way I can just quick look up, and it saves precious wall space. It didn't seem to cause any problems.

Yea, the camera properties are set in Unity.  I may take another look and reduce the cameras fps load as a variant camera for those who need it.  Maybe a low rez version.

• 1 month later...
  • xyth changed the title to CCTVs - A21.2 Vanilla version