CCTVs - A21.2 Vanilla version

xyth

the image on the monitors is so dark you can barely see anything. it's like it's always night.

I have heard that at times but I guess it depends on the gamma level the player uses. I will look at adding some emmisiveness to the screens in a later update. i still only see the camera closest to the screen panning, the other 3 do not.

okay so the cameras are now moving for nothing

the output is static

Thats what i noticed, the range from the TV is much shorter in a18 than A17.

The cameras will broadcast without the panning so for now just install the camera and dont set it to Pan. If the field of view isn't sufficient I can increase the FOV but there is a FPS hit if I do that.

Version 1.5 for A18 uploaded.

Panning might be fixed now or at least it seems improved.

Lights were added to each camera to help with darkness issues. Let me know if you all like it that way or would rather just add your own spotlights.

I was not able to resolve the dark TV screen issue inside Unity in a decent way. The issue is the TV screen needs DIRECT lighting on the screen front. A helmet light works perfectly for example, or just brighten up your room and shine a light towards the screens. I will keep playing with this but the video layer is blocking emission which is how this is typically solved.

Looking for input. I'm thinking that it might be best to turn down the brightness of the built in light on the large cameras and remove the light from the small cameras. Id add a flashlight to the large camera recipe. Thoughts?

Would it be possible to get versions of these without the lights? Currently the lights shine straight through walls, which is kind of annoying when you use them inside the base, or if the camera is always panning over a wall that borders on a crafting room.

Yes. I was thinking that leave the lights on the large cameras, but turn down the brightness to 1/2, and remove the lights from the small camera version. Would this work for you?

Version 1.6 : Fixed the TV illumination issue, no front lighting needed now. Removed unneeded light from cameras.

The screens can be very bright in the desert at noon, and turning off bloom in the video setting helps, and other settings provide lesser brightness reduction. This was tested at default gamma so if you play at high gamma I cant help you.

Enabled occlusion culling and HDR on the cameras to help FPS and pretty up the video a bit.

• 4 weeks later...
For lantern thank you that removed, with 60 fps 17 became, here is see until now without land.

Sorry for the transliteration use!

You need to turn off Occlusion culling on the video menu to render the terrain.

My testing shows 1 to 2 FPS lost per camera, and I test by looking at the same spot in game before and after adding cameras.

You need to turn off Occlusion culling on the video menu to render the terrain.

My testing shows 1 to 2 FPS lost per camera, and I test by looking at the same spot in game before and after adding cameras.

Not understand that then so can eat fps!

And as much thank you for this mod. from Russia you friendly tints of. =)

Edited by Westr276 (see edit history)