Zip Wire - Emergency escape method

Martial-Law

• 2 years later...
I also support this idea. I dont really see what the technical difficulties would be. There are other systems that have more edge cases. Placing the zip wire would be a bit tricky. It probably should use a different system than the electrical wires, as the distances are way larger and the player might need some time to reach both connection points - like first climbing up a skyscraper, while fighting there. Here I would make the player craft two devices: -hook -zipline cabledrum the player places the hook first at position A, then (only then) its allowed to place the cabledrum at any point B, any time later, IF the zipline has a valid path between point A (hook) and point B (current placing-target). If a path is valid done: zipline is placed. Else the cabledrum will show up in red (invalid position / no active hook) or yellow (no free path). (maybe some command to "forget" the last hook) There could be some limitation about the maximum and minimum angles the zipline will work. And a maximum distance within a technically reasonable radius. ----------- Overall a zipline would be a really fun mechanic. And is not really OP, as its mainly a way to escape a certain position.

Archived