(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

That was a good hint. Now I got stuck with these settings...

<property class="force0">
			<property name="trigger" value="motor0"/>
			<property name="type" value="relative"/>
			<property name="force" value="0, .196, 0"/>
			<property name="ceiling" value="200, 280"/>
		</property>

<property class="force1">
			<property name="trigger" value="motor1"/>
			<property name="force" value="0, 0,.01"/>
		</property>

<property class="force2">
			<property name="trigger" value="inputUp"/>
			<property name="force" value="0, 0.03,0 "/>
		</property>

<property class="force3">
			<property name="trigger" value="inputStrafe"/>
			<property name="type" value="relativeTorque"/>
			<property name="force" value="0, .02, 0"/>
		</property>

<property class="force4">
			<property name="trigger" value="inputForward"/>
			<property name="force" value=".01, 0, 0"/>
		</property>

<!-- <property class="force5">
			<property name="trigger" value="inputForward"/>
			<property name="force" value=".01, 0, 0"/>
		</property> -->

It works very well so far, but I have no way to lower the altitude. So, "C" doesn't bring it down.

Got any idea how to bring this baby back down?

Cheers!

Berytak

Try adding this : you are missing this force . This allows 'C' to push the heli back down .

<property class="force5">
			<property name="trigger" value="inputDown"/>
			<property name="force" value="0, -0.03,0 "/>
		</property>

Edit: After having the gyro controls and getting used to them after so long a time i found it very hard to fly lol ... automatically reverting in my mind to the c and spacebar being tilt .

Ragsy !!

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

Try adding this : you are missing this force . This allows 'C' to push the heli back down .

<property class="force5">
			<property name="trigger" value="inputDown"/>
			<property name="force" value="0, -0.03,0 "/>
		</property>

Edit: After having the gyro controls and getting used to them after so long a time i found it very hard to fly lol ... automatically reverting in my mind to the c and spacebar being tilt .

Ragsy !!

Awesome dude! This woked like a charm. I apprechate your help, thanks a lot.

Cheers!

Berytak

Ah, good eye Ragsy. :)

I might give this setup a whirl and see how it feels. I got pretty used to flying it while I was testing it, but I've had a few mentions about the controls. Guess I could see if this feels better.

Personally, I think the MD500 flies fine, It makes sense that it should fly a little different than a gyrocopter.

I'll be honest. You made a pretty huge collection of various vehicles. I kinda wish there was a mod that would throw them here and there randomly all around the world, some driveable, some broken, but still lootable or useable for resources. Well, I guess this is what Guppy's mod was trying to do, but that fun ended in A17.4... :(

If it becomes doable without DMT, I'll certainly look into it. Without DMT I believe you still have the issue of the vehicle respawning a new one as soon as you move it.

I think Dust might be working on something similar, not sure.

Other thing I could think of is making them into deco blocks like the vanilla sedans and such and give one version of each of them a tiny chance of being one you could take by hitting it or something.

If it becomes doable without DMT, I'll certainly look into it. Without DMT I believe you still have the issue of the vehicle respawning a new one as soon as you move it.

I think Dust might be working on something similar, not sure.

Other thing I could think of is making them into deco blocks like the vanilla sedans and such and give one version of each of them a tiny chance of being one you could take by hitting it or something.

Imagine something like this: You find a useless car that has to be repaired, you have to find wheels, engine, and other important parts and once you collect them all, you can use them to craft a car repairing pack that will be used to "hit" the broken car and you get a working car in return. Fill it with gas and it's ready to drive.

Another way (assuming something like that would be possible): A broken car that has an inventory and when you put the "missing" car parts inside the inventory, it will change into a working car.

I'll be honest. You made a pretty huge collection of various vehicles. I kinda wish there was a mod that would throw them here and there randomly all around the world, some driveable, some broken, but still lootable or useable for resources. Well, I guess this is what Guppy's mod was trying to do, but that fun ended in A17.4... :(

Hi ;):)

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine something like this: You find a useless car that has to be repaired, you have to find wheels, engine, and other important parts and once you collect them all, you can use them to craft a car repairing pack that will be used to "hit" the broken car and you get a working car in return. Fill it with gas and it's ready to drive.

Another way (assuming something like that would be possible): A broken car that has an inventory and when you put the "missing" car parts inside the inventory, it will change into a working car.

Hi Hi ;):) you spying on me?

By the way, guys, do you have any idea why I can't find any bdubyah's vehicle in game? This is the first time I tried this all in one pack and it just doesn't show up in recipes neither in cheat menu. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Your ideas are already implemented... just not released ;)

I'm glad to hear that! ;)

Yeah, once that is all finished up, I'll probably incorporate some form of it into my collection mod. :)

Also, got around to throwing in another gun in the Wasteland Weapons mod. Tweaked some textures as well to help the mod's size. Still got some testing to do to finish these rifles up. Hopefully should be out in the next few days.

Lever Action Rifle:

vRFTBVS.jpg

And the unique variant, Lincoln's Repeater:

wlDW1Oo.jpg

Yeah, once that is all finished up, I'll probably incorporate some form of it into my collection mod. :)

Also, got around to throwing in another gun in the Wasteland Weapons mod. Tweaked some textures as well to help the mod's size. Still got some testing to do to finish these rifles up. Hopefully should be out in the next few days.

Lever Action Rifle:

vRFTBVS.jpg

And the unique variant, Lincoln's Repeater:

wlDW1Oo.jpg

Wow, cool rifles, I think stuff like this is usually pretty rare in survival games, probably given as a quest reward.

That's not a bad idea for the Repeater. :) Was just gonna make it super rare loot, but I might have to look into that.

And I just noticed you were having issues with the vehicle mod. You get it sorted?

Yeah, Mod Launcher is acting weird for me lately, I don't know what's the problem, it has some duplicates, I installed the other copy and removed the first one and that other copy worked, but for some reason when I opened Mod Launcher today, I couldn't see your Vehicle mod pack in the list of installed mods which is weird because I checked if it's still there in the Mods directory and it is, so I'm not sure what's going on, but that's not the only problem I had with Mod Launcher. When mod gets update and I click the Update button, it shows me that it's checking and downloading, but when it finishes, the Update button is still there like if it was never really updated, but checking the versions manually through xmls shows the mod was updated - well sometimes, some other times the update fails and the only fix then is to Uninstall the mod and download a fresh copy. I tried repairing Mod Launcher installation, I tried to reinstall it, but it's still the same. I guess I will have to wait for an update or something. :(

Just bumping this as the Lever Action Rifle is now out. Git is good and Nexus will be updated shortly. :)

Thank you very much, I couldn't even test it yet, because I found some incompatibility issue in my favorite mod list, so I'm trying to find out what's causing the trouble. I can't wait to test your new toy! :)

• 2 weeks later...

UH-60:

Need something with more space than the small gyrocopter? The UH-60 should suit you perfectly!

Has same storage as the gyro, but can carry a total of 6 people.

High fuel consumption, but holds quite a bit.

Has a wide search light.

Does fly a bit odd. Doesn't have any roll to it, so it can be tricky lining up landings just right.

Like the gyro, "W" is lift, "A" and "D" turn it, "S" makes it fall quicker,

"C" rotates the nose down and "Space" rotates the nose up.

Install into the 7_Days_To_Die\Mods folder.

DzlpFdq.jpg

Git: Click Here

Nexus: Click Here

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)