(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

It is updated. Just forgot to post. Lol. Everything should now be updated except for the Nuka Factory prefab.

For anyone using the mod launcher, they may not be updated yet. I made a new repo on Git to keep A17 and A18 mods separate. So I gotta check with Sphereii and see if he can update it.

Ok that's what i was wondering thank you. (rules that right out)

As an aside, i went through the xml, and tried to scale FUEL to be more in line with the games default vehicles.

also gonna test Brake Force out and see what happens. I don't know what i can do about turning, but for example, the Willie jeep has a very large turning circle compared to the Vanilla 4X4, I'm Not sure if that's related to the higher speed or a simple .xml setting. or a careful balance between turning and sliding/drifting that you had to settle on.

Notice Vanilla 4X4 Brake Force and Fuel.

<vehicle name="vehicle4x4Truck">

<property name="brakeTorque" value="5000"/>

<property class="engine">
   <property name="fuelKmPerL" value=".1"/>
<property class="fuelTank">
   <property name="capacity" value="400"/>

BDub's Mod

<vehicle name="vehicleWillyJeepTopless">
   <property name="brakeTorque" value="1000"/>
<property class="engine">
      <property name="fuelKmPerL" value="1.15"/>
<property class="fuelTank">
      <property name="capacity" value="50"/>

Btw I love the Jeeps big tires and long travel suspension, I love the way it leans, It feels like a Baja/Trophy Truck a bit. Especially when im hauling ass.

Any thing in the .xml to help make it climb over a 1 meter block when its starting from a stop right up against it? or is that also unity files.

Oh and is this game actually using 4 wheel drive? as in each tire is where the power and traction actually comes from?

I believe they are all 4 wheel drive by default. Could be wrong though. Never really tested it.

The brake force was intentional. Compared to the much newer 4x4 with smaller wheels, the Willy shouldn't stop very well. ;)

Climbing over things like that is just wonky in general. The collision physics aren't the best.

The fuel thing is A18. They redid all the vehicles capacity and fuel usage. I haven't really checked that as I didn't notice it till after I updated everything. I knew MM has talked about nerfing gas, but I assumes you'd just find less of it. But they went they other way. Guess I need to hop in a game and ride around for a while.

It should still work out similar, though I purposely made a lot of my vehicles use more fuel than vanilla stuff as a trade off for speed and stuff. Although they seem to have made theirs use even more fuel now. Like you posted, the 4x4 could go 40km on a tank, while the Willy would go 57.5. So I guess they need some tweaking.

I'm not sure about the turning. I'd bet it's due to the traction physics I set in Unity. It's a total PITA adjusting and testing changes. I'm not aware of a "steering angle" type setting anywhere.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

Mostly just some tweaks to the recipes so they work with the crafting perks. Few small physics changes and some seating changes for the UAZ.

Haven't updated the collection mod yet as I'm about done with another vehicle and I'd rather only have to upload it once due to my crap internet. Lol.

If you take request, I have 1 or 2.

An ATV.... AKA Four wheeler https://powersports.honda.com/atv/recutility/fourtrax-rincon/-/media/products/family/fourtrax-rincon/trims/trim-main/fourtrax-rincon/2020/2020-fourtrax-rincon-red-650x380.png

And for ♥♥♥♥s and giggles and lots of fun a Baja Trophy Truck Unilimted class.... https://blog.dupontregistry.com/sponsored/2019-brenthel-trophy-truck-for-sale/

I noticed that the high speed of the jeep allowed me to glide over rough terrain and have fun just driving around Like a total Jackass. It Made me think about a Trophy Truck.

As for the ATV, it's just a logical choice for a doomsday/lone survivor/scrounge parts transportation.

I always mod my vehicles to carry 2 people that means the motorcycle and gyro, jeeps I mod to 4 People.

I Also mod the horn.... To the only choice anyone should make.... The "Dixie Horn"

It's funny as hell flying over a hill and letting loose on the Dixie Horn.

I have a quad I found I might add in at some point. I've also got a dirt bike I'm working on, but getting the physics right for it has been a real pain.

A trophy truck isn't a bad idea either. We'll see what happens. ;)

Also, I have updated every mod so that the localization should now load with the mod. I didn't realize A18 allowed for this. Servers still don't seem to push it, but since all my mods have to be installed client and server side, it should work fine. So now I don't need the extra script and you shouldn't have to do any copy and pasting. :)

Manux's ATV was our Favorite, my friend would get to excited when I'd drive her around the map exploring on it.

It really Suprised me how good Manux made the physics work on His Four Wheeler, somehow it was very stable. Looking at you'd expect it to drive like ♥♥♥♥ and flip constantly, but it honestly drove great and didn't flip.

- - - Updated - - -

any chance of a riding lawn mower? you know so we can knock back some of Grandpa's Moonshine and cruse around the apocalypse in true red neck style maybe even cut some grass along the way.

Dude a riding Mower that actually cuts grass.... That would make this one of the most popular mods by far.

Manux's ATV was our Favorite, my friend would get to excited when I'd drive her around the map exploring on it.

It really Suprised me how good Manux made the physics work on His Four Wheeler, somehow it was very stable. Looking at you'd expect it to drive like ♥♥♥♥ and flip constantly, but it honestly drove great and didn't flip.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude a riding Mower that actually cuts grass.... That would make this one of the most popular mods by far.

Not sure if the really cutting grass could be a thing, but if it was I would not care if the mower was slower than walking then maybe when we could mod vehicles we could go all Tim the Toolman Taylor with it and ad a jet enginelrtm155.jpg.e4f8564bdc4c447d5274a32be85dbef7.jpg

Grass Blocks:

Was a request but I figured I'd release it for everyone.

Adds in 4 different grass blocks. Crafted the same as vanilla terrain blocks. Will not mesh with the ground like vanilla terrain blocks.

More for custom building for a cleaner look.

Requires 16 lumps of clay per block. Same material as dirt. Can be crafted in the player's inventory.

Each block has 500hp.

nRLSj4t.jpg

u2g5jPU.jpg

wMlOJI2.jpg

mUixAUd.jpg

Git: Click Here

Nexus:Click Here