(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

I actually moved my base into wasteland from forest to make it more "potent"..
All those Zs just die so fast.. Im on survivalist and 64 zombies hordes; kinda expected to struggle a little here.
Will bandits and mutants show up at some point during horde?
image.png.7aed94c7396b978e1e96739e31cbed51.png
Also loot: this is my loot from horde night in wasteland biome, GS 110, level 64.. and I used Eye Kandy on this haha
I might have biased view on what should hordes feel like; I played another overhaul mod (not sure if I can name here) before this one where I had options (Optional mod addon, so more experienced played could have fun I guess) to make horde night crazy fest bullet eating nightmares that didn't stop coming till 4am.. then I had to switch to "silent" weapons to NOT call-in chains of screamers to cleanup the leftovers from horde night.

7 days to die is lacking the finale end-game stage: I see getting a challenging horde nights is the only way to deal with boredom when you got good gear and weapons.
At this point, after playing dozens of overhaul mods, I only managed to get past gs 500 on only one, multiple times, warrior and survivalist difficulty and even once on permadeath warrior difficulty. Horde nights were hellish nightmares that required extensive build and lots, lots of ammo you had to work your ass for days to craft. It felt good when you managed to live through a night like that.

Throwing a molotov cocktail once every 2 mins and use exploding bolt once every 2-3 mins or so do literally wipe horde over and over its kinda sad tbh.
Im still yet to find a reason to invest into Demolition Expert at this point. Hopefully higher GS will bring some baddies. Turning horde night on everyday now.
image.png.e44092c73547feee72567647c7b826af.png

Little note I forgot to add: for every guard you own horde nights should go UP in difficulty by at least 25%: which includes zombies HP, Resistances, Speed, Armor, block damage etc..

Edited by Yvels (see edit history)

5th day of a horde in Wastelands in a row: I finally got 5 mutants and a couple of mosquitoes joint the horde. Possibly a ghoul too with green fumes..
Horde everyday was a good decision: I'm now actually quite busy: questing, building, repairing, prepping.
Got image.png.ac59bc4c516680b8531a8649b52f2889.pngfrom a yellow bag! /happy
Level 82 GS 140. Horde nights still last till about 1am 😕
An optional "hordes last whole night" modlet would be HUGELY appreciated. (pretty please)
I stopped using molotovs.. making 6000 gas out of 6000 shale and getting 20 molotovs out of it.. ugh

Horde nights def got a bit more variety going.

Thanks mate! I'm not sure why I didn't went and look for it myself. You should still have it on optional on your next 3.16 release :)
Gives players more play range.
Imo Mip-Boy should be the only option for time besides wall clocks. The watch mod should go.
Goes incredibly well with whole Fallout immersion.
image.thumb.png.658c462fc8a2c952964017c95391837c.png

Little question about:

image.png.f38e2953bc10a3cdc6d638c7384f192e.png
What are conditions to make it work? I tried to use tools but it doesn't look like it does anything at all.
Cost me almost 12k from a traider haha. I might be missing something. Cheers.

4 hours ago, Yvels said:

I only harvest 3 crops from planted plants..

A20.6_2023-04-18_16-03-53.thumb.jpg.7d9f48a493ba55a0dba9aefae99a9a91.jpg

Just tested it and I got 4 as expected. So not sure what your issue is. That part is referring to plants you planted yourself, not ones you find. Those are wild crops and it maxes at 3 for those.

6 hours ago, B1ONIC0 said:

sorry, when I go to build cars, a hammer symbol appears, as if a workbench is needed, but I don't understand which one is needed, thanks

What mod are you referring to? Wasteland removed crafting vehicles. You only craft kits needed to repair vehicles you find in the world.

22 hours ago, JustCallMeK said:

Do you have a discord?

I have a channel in Gup's Modding discord. There's a link to it here in...the Tutorials area I think.

On 4/17/2023 at 7:43 AM, Yvels said:

Little question about:

It only applies to your hands. I'll edit the desc to be more clear. I'm also gonna rework it a bit so it adds significant damage to wood and a bit less to cobble, then even less to concrete/steel.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, B1ONIC0 said:

I'm referring to the Vehicle Madness mod.

i can't create the machines

That isn't my mod...

But it is kind of the same way. I think you need kits and stuff. I believe they have a custom workbench, but not sure.

Ah, yeah, I can probably change that. When I first started messing with that there wasn't a way to prevent it, but sphereii added in some ways to do it. The farmer Utilitron won't trample by default, but NPCs do. But I should be able to make it once they are hired they no longer do.

image.thumb.png.0c743f5466b729bea165323063b4fc89.png

Theres definitely an issue with Pickaxe requiring too many Steel Tool Parts than needed.
This is an example where it wanted to use TWO Steel Tool Parts when ONE was enough to bring it to pretty much full durability.

For the sake of it I DID the second repair :
image.png.edc37320be33d23318f6306473931492.png

So for the 1st Steel Tool Part it got my Pickaxe Sell Price value from 2180 to 2728$ .. Difference of 548$
2nd: 27$. Thats less than 1%. Its actually really annoying when you have to place your Parts away BUT one and do it ALL over ALL your tools and weapons.
Some parts are also really REALLY REALLY hard to find if you're not lucky to find the book so you can craft those.
I finally found my automated weapons parts book on level 132.
Maybe just make those Tool Parts more expensive to craft and make it "Repair to full" so we don't have to micro-manage it?
Penalty dmg is so bad I pretty much never use any tool under 75-80% durability. That extra swing is so annoying when you got 1hp left on ore or whatever. Cheers.

image.png.ae808ac5422bd9997ffc257c230b9e96.png

We are very much lacking a recipe to craft this. Maybe out of corn? Shale?

Also, buying and reading bicycle handlebars recipe from trader does nothing; it wont even show as craftable.
Its actually part of Auger crafting ingredients. Not sure if a bug or as intended.

image.png.8d21200385753840f9c354a11044fe0e.png

Welp it happened: was fighting a big horde and @%$#ton of red popped in my console: instance of an object something...

and my game wont start anymore. fffffffffffffffff

BackupMod boys and girls! Its not a matter of "if" but "when".

image.png.499234d11d48609c50de3c07473abb3b.png

Reloading my latest save now.

image.png.53fc384d22644434ba7ab3a56c1c551d.png

Back to 1h before horde. Time travel! :)

1 hour ago, Yvels said:

Welp it happened: was fighting a big horde and @%$#ton of red popped in my console: instance of an object something...

and my game wont start anymore. fffffffffffffffff

BackupMod boys and girls! Its not a matter of "if" but "when".

Reloading my latest save now.

Back to 1h before horde. Time travel! :)

Awesome! You can relive it all again.

Would you mind sharing the log for the time the NRE warnings appeared? It is a very critical error and there's a chance it could relate to a specific Horde Night entity or something like that. It could also just be a mismatch of mods but it's good to check.

Based on that GS271, it could be inferred something tagged to the Demolisher. I tested for that group with the Behemoths and Scorpions during a BM and spawning was good.

I'm wondering if it was not inherently the BM spawns themselves but an interaction between a custom BM spawn and a Rad Cat helper.

Logs would help though, lol.

Seemingly not. This was all variants of NPC Power Armor/Rad Cat types and all types of custom BM types.
It was pushed hard out there and not a flicker beyond a periodic FPS drop at the very most intense moments.

mhMc3G9.jpg

Ya, logs... Be nice to see what other custom content is happening in there.

3 hours ago, Yvels said:

where is the log file located? I'll copy it when weird stuff happening.

Logs are located here by default these days.
The same area as Mods if you're using the AppData area.

...\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\logs

• bdubyah changed the title to (A21) bdubyah's modlets