(A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

21 hours ago, Ganeshakw said:

Can anyone suggest any youtube channel who has done or is doing a complete series on "The Wasteland" mod ?

I searched on youtube but I couldn't find any.

Thanks in advance.

She has started one recently. It isn't an overly popular mod so I haven't seen too many people making a series with it as of yet.

On 2/6/2023 at 5:03 AM, Ganeshakw said:

Can anyone suggest any youtube channel who has done or is doing a complete series on "The Wasteland" mod ?

I searched on youtube but I couldn't find any.

Thanks in advance.

@arramus - Already posted TGG's YT link (Thank you, arramus!) that I would have done.  I'm one of the aforementioned you might see in the videos or on forums.  😲  Look for my Steam nick - sgt_geoff - in the videos.

We do play The Wasteland a good bit, but I have modded the server to make it more co-op play/world rebuilding friendly, and to better reflect Danny's AD... "Oh, SHINY!  What's that over there?  SQUIRREL!" play/stream style.  🤣

Just want to say that I love the mod. How do you get the airship? I see that it says I unlocked it at tier 5 of grease monkey, but I can't find it in my crafting interface. Also is there a way to decrease the tankyness of the ai and reduce their damage via the config? I looked but could not find anything. I grow tired of turning the corner only to be lasered by a raider with an auto shotty who absolutely demolishes my armor and takes 20-30 shotgun ammo and multiple deaths to be dealt with. 

14 hours ago, Deathpie75 said:

Just want to say that I love the mod. How do you get the airship? I see that it says I unlocked it at tier 5 of grease monkey, but I can't find it in my crafting interface. Also is there a way to decrease the tankyness of the ai and reduce their damage via the config? I looked but could not find anything. I grow tired of turning the corner only to be lasered by a raider with an auto shotty who absolutely demolishes my armor and takes 20-30 shotgun ammo and multiple deaths to be dealt with. 

Lol. Looks like I forgot the recipes for the airship's parts. I made some up real quick if you wanna paste them into Wasteland's recipes.xml. You can easily paste them in at the bottom of the file below vehicleR75motoplaceable. Just make sure to paste it above the </append> bit. Feel free to adjust the counts if needed, I just threw it together real quick. The next update will be removing these parts anyways.

<recipe name="vehicleAirshipcarriage" count="1" craft_area="workbench" craft_time="300" tags="learnable,workbenchCrafting">
	<ingredient name="resourceElectricParts" count="20"/>
	<ingredient name="resourceForgedSteel" count="200"/>
	<ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="50"/>
	<ingredient name="resourceDuctTape" count="25"/>
	<ingredient name="resourceMetalPipe" count="25"/>
</recipe>
<recipe name="vehicleAirshipballoon" count="1" craft_area="workbench" craft_time="300" tags="learnable,workbenchCrafting">
	<ingredient name="resourceForgedSteel" count="250"/>
	<ingredient name="resourceMechanicalParts" count="15"/>
	<ingredient name="resourceLeather" count="100"/>
	<ingredient name="resourceDuctTape" count="25"/>
	<ingredient name="resourceScrapPolymers" count="100"/>
</recipe>

As far as making the NPCs easier, there's no quick solution. You would have to comb through entityclasses.xml and find things like HealthMax and PhysicalDamageResist for raiders, soldiers, and mutant. If you are familiar with mass replacing in something like NP++ it isn't that bad. And just know regular shotgun ammo is about the worst thing against armored types. Slugs will likely work much better. It's not different than the soldier zombie, just that the NPCs are even tougher with a bit more health.

Spoilers for the newest POi added. 

Spoiler

Found what I think is a bug. We got to the Mutant base where you make the FEV Virus and instead of giving us an orange and blue viral it gave us two blue ones so we couldn't make it. I'm not sure what caused it. Honestly probably the coolest POI I have ever seen. Hopefully in the future we can craft the mutant statues. As I really like them. 

10 minutes ago, Deathpie75 said:

Spoilers for the newest POi added. 

Hide contents

Found what I think is a bug. We got to the Mutant base where you make the FEV Virus and instead of giving us an orange and blue viral it gave us two blue ones so we couldn't make it. I'm not sure what caused it. Honestly probably the coolest POI I have ever seen. Hopefully in the future we can craft the mutant statues. As I really like them. 

Yeah, I realized it watching Danny stream it earlier. I have it fixed on my end, but not sure when I'll push this update yet. Waiting on a few SCore fixes and then maybe I'll release it.

Glad you enjoyed it though. I had a lot of fun making it. I'll consider maybe adding a way to get the tube blocks.

Is there a place I can find info on how to find stuff like the combat shotgun schematic or how rare it is and how many companions there are and how they work. Like the mutant one, can we give him weapons and can he perma die? I also just want to say again how great this mod is. I genuinely cannot play base game 7 days to die anymore. This mod and the insane amount of work is great. Also, I real quick want to go over some unrelated questions or ideas.

is not being able to open up the airship normal. I can't look at the inventory or mod it at all. 

Please give the vertibird or airship a horn, I really want it to be the entirety of the " we are the BOS" speech from FO4 Because it would be funny, and I love spamming horns at my friends. 

A fast-moving alien ship unlocked by a unique drop that drops from dismantling them given through a recipe that is very rare could be pretty cool assuming the game can even handle it. 

My final question is where the VA for the raiders come from? As my friends and I quote them constantly while playing. 

Once again, Thank you for this mod. If you have a patreon or anything like that please let me know as I love what you make. I cannot express that enough. 

On 2/19/2023 at 1:31 PM, Deathpie75 said:

Is there a place I can find info on how to find stuff like the combat shotgun schematic or how rare it is and how many companions there are and how they work. Like the mutant one, can we give him weapons and can he perma die? I also just want to say again how great this mod is. I genuinely cannot play base game 7 days to die anymore. This mod and the insane amount of work is great. Also, I real quick want to go over some unrelated questions or ideas.

is not being able to open up the airship normal. I can't look at the inventory or mod it at all. 

Please give the vertibird or airship a horn, I really want it to be the entirety of the " we are the BOS" speech from FO4 Because it would be funny, and I love spamming horns at my friends. 

A fast-moving alien ship unlocked by a unique drop that drops from dismantling them given through a recipe that is very rare could be pretty cool assuming the game can even handle it. 

My final question is where the VA for the raiders come from? As my friends and I quote them constantly while playing. 

Once again, Thank you for this mod. If you have a patreon or anything like that please let me know as I love what you make. I cannot express that enough. 

There is no wiki or anything. Most loot is balanced against vanilla counterparts as much as possible. 

The mutants can't change weapons as of now. Not sure if that will ever be possible. I am adding their armor parts to their loot that you can use on the hired ones to give them a bit more protection. And he can die. 

The size of the airship is pushing the limits. Lol. Stand right up against it near the middle and you should be able to get into its storage. 

I might add some horns for them at some point. 

Fast moving vehicles aren't really a good idea. I had considered making the crashed UFO into a vehicle but haven't decided yet. 

If you mean the hostile raider/soldier voices those are vanilla sounds they added back when they first worked on bandits.

There is a donate ink kn the first post. Appreciated, but not required. 🙂

Alrighty, decided to go ahead and release what I've got finished up so far since A21 seems a bit off still. So, here is 3.1!

The Wasteland

Updated to 3.1, for A20.6

Built on:
SCore v20.6.422.831
NPCmod v20.6.02.0
Full Auto Launcher v1.1.2
Random Mainmenu Background v1.0.1

Download at Git or Nexus

NEEDS NEW GAME

-----FIXED/CHANGED-----
!!!EAC MUST BE OFF!!!
-Added: Reworked the starter quest. Now it locks you in place and blacks out your screen until you use up your SPIFSAL points. Once your SPIFSAL points have been used up, you are free to progress and will receive the normal 4 skill points.
-Added: New vehicle system. No more vehicle crafting. Find them, salvage them, use the parts to fix another one. Each vehicle has a specific repair kit. All current vanilla and Wasteland vehicles can be found in the world. Most have several stages, from almost running to a basic wreck. The wrecks are more common, the rest are rare with even a tiny chance of a working vehicle spawning.
-Added: Enabled fire spreading from SCore(should affect wood/grass/cloth/organic blocks only atm)
-Added: Enabled crop management from SCore(crops can be trampled, need water nearby to plant/grow crops; there are metal pipes to carry water from a source or you can place water nearby; water blocks are consumed over time)
-Added: Enabled VehicleNoTake from SCore. Vehicles can no longer be picked up
-Added: Advanced Lockpicking from Xyth and sphereii(<3)
-Added: Made the wrecked Ambulance a drivable vehicle
-Added: New Atom Coupe vehicle (Thanks Ragsy for setting it up <3)
-Added: Rad quests now have a green "Radiated" to show that those quests/POIs need rad protection(Thanks to Alter for the patch <3)
-Added: Multiple radiated version of custom zeds(Fisherman, Drowned)
-Added: Quadruple and Quintuple Storage Pocket mods, as well as two backpack mods to reduce encumbrance
-Added: Plasma Caster energy weapon
-Added: Several energy weapon bundles to quest tier rewards
-Added: Survival and Luck boosting clothing items
-Added: Mutant armor pieces looted from enemy mutants can be used to add armor to a hired AEM mutant
-Changed: Reworked farming slightly. Got rid of the 50% bonus harvest chance from LotL. Now as you increase the perk level the chance of getting the seed back also increases. Seeds also cost less to craft at higher LotL levels
-Changed: Reduced raw meat gatherd from animals, added a small variance to it
-Changed: Reworked Radiated POIs so that they won't show for quests other than Clear Rad quests
-Changed: Tweaked illnesses and critical injuries so that they no longer insta-cure. Things like concussions and pneumonia will cure in a random time after taking the necessary med item(These effects will kill you if untreated unless actively healing. Taking meds quick enough should cure it before it can kill you from full health). Heatstroke can be reduced by drinking certain beverages.
-Changed: Added working stations back into the world(workbench, etc)
-Changed: Made some tweaks to entitygroups(mostly adding the new rads into groups like specialinfected)
-Changed: Made some perk name/desc changes to suit things better
-Changed: Made Scrap Laser Pistol recipe unlocked, added Laser Shotgun to New Age Cowboy instead
-Changed: Armor pocket mods limited to legs and chest
-Changed: Tried to get energy weapons in line with normal weapon tiers in loot
-Changed: Reworked my lever action rifle to use the vanilla holdtype, added a better scope for it
-Changed: General loot balancing, still a WIP
-Fixed: All Rad types(including vanilla ones) should now correctly have a chance to give you rad poisoning(or greatly increase its % if already sick)
-Fixed: Game time was still visible on the Journal page
-Fixed: Updated 10mm Pistol icon for the newer model
-Fixed: Missing recipes for some armor mods
-Fixed: Missing item loc, redid some to make more sense
-Fixed: Nav Tek-incubator loot was wrong
-Fixed: Rad hound and scorpion were missing radiated tag so Rad Remover mod didn't work on them
-Fixed: Repair Kit recipe wasn't replacing vanilla properly

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! I'm super new to modding 7DtD.
How will these vehicles be obtained by the players in a pre-generated map?
Do I need to add a new trader to the map in creative mode? Not sure how to add new locations to an existing map just yet.

9 hours ago, Starbeanz said:

Hi there! I'm super new to modding 7DtD.
How will these vehicles be obtained by the players in a pre-generated map?
Do I need to add a new trader to the map in creative mode? Not sure how to add new locations to an existing map just yet.

Are you referring to Bdub's Vehicles? If so, they work the same as vanilla. You won't get the custom trader on a pregen map, but it isn't a requirement to make any of the vehicles, just a cool trader POI. You could use the world editor to place it on your map if you really wanted. There's several YT tutorials on how to do that.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing the most recent version of The Wasteland mod and I'm enjoying it a lot. I have a few questions about it:

1) How does AP and HP ammunition compare to standard? AP has a bonus to armoured targets, but in some alphas and mods it does the same damage as standard to unarmoured targets and in others it does far less damage than standard to unarmoured targets. Same situation for HP, just reversed. Which is the case in The Wasteland?

2) Is there a way to extinguish fire? I haven't found one, which means that if a cop pukes or a zombie triggers a landmine the only option is to abandon the POI ASAP because both those things always start a fire. I did once manage to extinguish a fire a cop had started outdoors in a field in a farm POI by frantically digging up the topsoil and I was just able to outpace the spread of the fire. But that's a rare case. Have I managed to miss fire extinguishers?

3) I'm a a full suit of power armour (sealed - you've added a sealing noise when the player puts on a full set, a nice touch) and I'm also wearing the two clothing pieces of hazmat gear (which can be worn in addition to armour, unlike the other pieces of hazmat gear). That seems to give me no resistance at all to radiation. Is that as intended? Even with a dose of RadZ, I had to run away and heal 3 times before I could destroy a 2000hp container (to clear the radiation), using a modded level 5 steel pickaxe and with rank 4 in the perk that does more damage with tools. Radiation is far more dangerous than anything else.

4) Is there a way of finding out what parts you need to repair a vehicle? It was day 43 before I found a schematic for an impact driver, so that was the first day I could attempt to repair a vehicle. I'd finally found the hyper-rare parts needed to craft a repair kit (motorcycle) a couple of days before, so off I went to repair a damaged motorbike I'd marked on the map on the first day. Only to find that what I needed was motorcycle handlebars, which I'd sold because it's impossible to craft a motorcycle (or any other vehicle) in this mod. I bought a motorcycle from a trader ~day 15, but I'd like to repair some vehicles.

I think the ammo should do the same damage to unarmored targets. 

I may have forgotten to include extinguishers in the last update. Lol. They will becoming in the next one. Hopefully soon. 

Currently power armor doesn't help with radiation on its own. It does have a mod that gives you full resistance though. I might tweak it so a full set gives you maybe 50% or something. Hazmat should protect you, but only a full suit. 

Each vehicle is usually bumpers, glass, doors and parts like that. What part you need depends on what stage it is at. But until you have an impact driver you won't know until you learn them. I don't know of an easy way to provide that info beforehand. You could always check the blocks.xml if necessary. 

And about the parts, did you spec into Grease Monkey at all?

Hi bdubyah,

Thanks for amazing mod (Playing 3.1); being a fan of fallout 4 it was nice to see BOS guys roaming around.
Little question: do you have a discord for this mod? I looked around and couldn't find nothing. Cheers.

On 4/4/2023 at 11:33 PM, bdubyah said:

I think the ammo should do the same damage to unarmored targets.

I may have forgotten to include extinguishers in the last update. Lol. They will becoming in the next one. Hopefully soon. 

Currently power armor doesn't help with radiation on its own. It does have a mod that gives you full resistance though. I might tweak it so a full set gives you maybe 50% or something. Hazmat should protect you, but only a full suit. 

Each vehicle is usually bumpers, glass, doors and parts like that. What part you need depends on what stage it is at. But until you have an impact driver you won't know until you learn them. I don't know of an easy way to provide that info beforehand. You could always check the blocks.xml if necessary. 

And about the parts, did you spec into Grease Monkey at all?

I'll go with AP ammo then. If you're going with the setup from vanilla A20, there isn't a damage penalty for AP against unarmoured (or for HP against armoured). But there was in A19 and in some overhaul mods (including some otherwise based on A20, such as the most recent version of Darkness Falls).

I'm glad I wasn't missing something obvious regarding fire extinguishers. If it's practical to do so it might be a good idea to make them available as a modlet compatible with this version of The Wasteland. Being unable to extinguish fires is quite a big problem when POI-consuming fires can be started so easily. Zombies triggering landmines is quite common from day 1 and cops puking becomes quite common quite early on. I assume it would also make it wildly impractical for players to use any explosives or molotovs except in the context of a horde base containing absolutely nothing that can burn. I don't use either, but many players do. It could be worse (e.g. the sparks from beating into a safe with a pickaxe could start a fire) but it's quite a big problem.

Which power armour mod gives you full rad resistance? The only power armour thing related to radiation resistance I can see is the the power armour mod "Rad Resistant" which is described as "Makes you immune to radiation sickness from ghouls". Not "Makes you immune to radiation".  Just immunity to radiation sickness, the disease in your mod that works like a faster-acting version of the zombie infection. Not to the AoE damage of radiation. Am I missing something?

For vehicle parts, I don't see a way of learning to make them. They seem to be found or bought from traders only. Trying to repair a vehicle without the part required for the next stage provides a tiny icon of the missing part in the corner of the screen, but that's not much help. Is there any sort of FAQ showing what part is needed for which stage for each vehicle? Guess I'll look through blocks.xml. Or just stick with the motorcycle I bought from a trader.

I didn't spec into Grease Monkey at all in this attempt. I did in my previous attempt, who was killed on day 19 (I play permadeath). It didn't make any noticeable difference. It's only a small increase in the chance to find the very rare vehicle parts, so I decided not to put a third of the entire available attribute points into int just for that.

For the same reason, I can't make power armour mods either. I set int to 4. +1 for the int power armour statue and +1 for nerdy specs gives me 6 int. Need 7 for Grease Monkey and 8 for High Tech (for PA mods) but there's no way of increasing int (or any other stat) any higher. The harsh restrictions on attribute points might be the biggest change The Wasteland has over vanilla. It radically changes the game by forcing players to rigidly specialise and to be completely cut off from most skills and perks.

1 hour ago, Yvels said:

Hi bdubyah,

Thanks for amazing mod (Playing 3.1); being a fan of fallout 4 it was nice to see BOS guys roaming around.
Little question: do you have a discord for this mod? I looked around and couldn't find nothing. Cheers.

I have a channel in Gup's discord. Link is in the...Tutorials section if I remember right.

12 minutes ago, Angilion said:

I'll go with AP ammo then. If you're going with the setup from vanilla A20, there isn't a damage penalty for AP against unarmoured (or for HP against armoured). But there was in A19 and in some overhaul mods (including some otherwise based on A20, such as the most recent version of Darkness Falls).

I'm glad I wasn't missing something obvious regarding fire extinguishers. If it's practical to do so it might be a good idea to make them available as a modlet compatible with this version of The Wasteland. Being unable to extinguish fires is quite a big problem when POI-consuming fires can be started so easily. Zombies triggering landmines is quite common from day 1 and cops puking becomes quite common quite early on. I assume it would also make it wildly impractical for players to use any explosives or molotovs except in the context of a horde base containing absolutely nothing that can burn. I don't use either, but many players do. It could be worse (e.g. the sparks from beating into a safe with a pickaxe could start a fire) but it's quite a big problem.

Which power armour mod gives you full rad resistance? The only power armour thing related to radiation resistance I can see is the the power armour mod "Rad Resistant" which is described as "Makes you immune to radiation sickness from ghouls". Not "Makes you immune to radiation".  Just immunity to radiation sickness, the disease in your mod that works like a faster-acting version of the zombie infection. Not to the AoE damage of radiation. Am I missing something?

For vehicle parts, I don't see a way of learning to make them. They seem to be found or bought from traders only. Trying to repair a vehicle without the part required for the next stage provides a tiny icon of the missing part in the corner of the screen, but that's not much help. Is there any sort of FAQ showing what part is needed for which stage for each vehicle? Guess I'll look through blocks.xml. Or just stick with the motorcycle I bought from a trader.

I didn't spec into Grease Monkey at all in this attempt. I did in my previous attempt, who was killed on day 19 (I play permadeath). It didn't make any noticeable difference. It's only a small increase in the chance to find the very rare vehicle parts, so I decided not to put a third of the entire available attribute points into int just for that.

For the same reason, I can't make power armour mods either. I set int to 4. +1 for the int power armour statue and +1 for nerdy specs gives me 6 int. Need 7 for Grease Monkey and 8 for High Tech (for PA mods) but there's no way of increasing int (or any other stat) any higher. The harsh restrictions on attribute points might be the biggest change The Wasteland has over vanilla. It radically changes the game by forcing players to rigidly specialise and to be completely cut off from most skills and perks.

I'm hoping to get the update out ASAP. I'm not gonna waste time separating the extinguishers just for it to not be needed in potentially a few days. Worst case you can turn the fire stuff off at the top of blocks.xml for the time being if it a problem. I have made some tweaks so that vomit will no longer cause fires, so that should tone it down a bit. And fire is really only a problem for wood stuff at the moment, so if you have cobble you are good.

That is the correct mod. The description just hasn't been changed since I reworked ghouls and radiation.

There is no way to learn them. Buy, loot, or salvage. And figuring out what part you need is part of it. Everything doesn't need to be spelled out. It's a survival game...survive. 😛

GM should help a decent bit when it comes to finding parts. Though there were a few missing bits for some of the part salvage events, so the parts might be a bit more rare than intended.

I've heard more than enough fussing about the limited points, I'm not hashing that out again. You've just made a character that isn't good at crafting high tech things. I don't see that as an issue. People are just too used to being able to do everything. The vanilla skill page may as well just be one big list and you can buy whatever, whenever. There no hard choices or consequences. Besides, you have clothing that can boost it as you mentioned, and there are drugs that can give decent temporary boosts. And there is always the forget'n elixir to respec if needed.

1 hour ago, bdubyah said:

I'm hoping to get the update out ASAP. I'm not gonna waste time separating the extinguishers just for it to not be needed in potentially a few days. Worst case you can turn the fire stuff off at the top of blocks.xml for the time being if it a problem. I have made some tweaks so that vomit will no longer cause fires, so that should tone it down a bit. And fire is really only a problem for wood stuff at the moment, so if you have cobble you are good.

That is the correct mod. The description just hasn't been changed since I reworked ghouls and radiation.

There is no way to learn them. Buy, loot, or salvage. And figuring out what part you need is part of it. Everything doesn't need to be spelled out. It's a survival game...survive. 😛

GM should help a decent bit when it comes to finding parts. Though there were a few missing bits for some of the part salvage events, so the parts might be a bit more rare than intended.

I've heard more than enough fussing about the limited points, I'm not hashing that out again. You've just made a character that isn't good at crafting high tech things. I don't see that as an issue. People are just too used to being able to do everything. The vanilla skill page may as well just be one big list and you can buy whatever, whenever. There no hard choices or consequences. Besides, you have clothing that can boost it as you mentioned, and there are drugs that can give decent temporary boosts. And there is always the forget'n elixir to respec if needed.

I was thinking it would be months until the next update, not days, when I wrote "If it's practical to do so" about possibly making fire extinguishers available as modlet. You run a fast pace of development work on your mod!

Now I know what power armour mod to look for in particular when clearing supermutant lairs. Just an out of date description, no problem. By coincidence, in today's video from the series by More2Me4Life that you referred to a few posts back, they rejected using power armour because they also assumed the mod description was accurate and therefore that the mod didn't provide resistance to radiation.

Figuring out what part is needed would be easier if what could be seen in the gameworld was an accurate depiction of the state of the vehicle in the gameworld, e.g. it's missing a seat, a bumper, whatever. But a player can't see that, so the only way to know is to know. It's not just a matter of "doesn't need to be spelled out". There isn't a clue. It's not about survival. I'll survive in the game using the motorcycle I bought from a trader and ignoring the vehicle repair system. I survived for the first 10 days on foot, then another 8 or 9 on a bicycle I got from a trader. Repairing vehicles isn't required for survival. It was just something that I thought was a nice idea and wanted to play with it. But my character won't die if they can't repair vehicles. It's not a survival thing.

I wasn't "fussing" about the limited points. I was acknowledging the existence of it, arguably the biggest difference between vanilla and the Wasteland, in the context of choosing to not put a third of the entire available attribute points to get one skill that slightly increases the chance of finding vehicle parts. You talk about hard choices - that's not a hard choice. There are obviously far more useful things to use a third of the total available attribute points on. Maybe it would be a good choice in a multiplayer game where one player was roleplaying a mechanic. Which would be interesting and entertaining to some players. Probably including me. I like some car mechanic games. 7 Days to Die meets My Summer Car. I'd buy that game if it existed.

Anyway, I'm wandering off the point. Thanks for the mod, it's great fun. Time for me to head back into the wasteland and find more supermutants to kill for their bags of good loot.

Edited by Angilion (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Angilion said:

I was thinking it would be months until the next update, not days, when I wrote "If it's practical to do so" about possibly making fire extinguishers available as modlet. You run a fast pace of development work on your mod!

Now I know what power armour mod to look for in particular when clearing supermutant lairs. Just an out of date description, no problem. By coincidence, in today's video from the series by More2Me4Life that you referred to a few posts back, they rejected using power armour because they also assumed the mod description was accurate and therefore that the mod didn't provide resistance to radiation.

Figuring out what part is needed would be easier if what could be seen in the gameworld was an accurate depiction of the state of the vehicle in the gameworld, e.g. it's missing a seat, a bumper, whatever. But a player can't see that, so the only way to know is to know. It's not just a matter of "doesn't need to be spelled out". There isn't a clue. It's not about survival. I'll survive in the game using the motorcycle I bought from a trader and ignoring the vehicle repair system. I survived for the first 10 days on foot, then another 8 or 9 on a bicycle I got from a trader. Repairing vehicles isn't required for survival. It was just something that I thought was a nice idea and wanted to play with it. But my character won't die if they can't repair vehicles. It's not a survival thing.

I wasn't "fussing" about the limited points. I was acknowledging the existence of it, arguably the biggest difference between vanilla and the Wasteland, in the context of choosing to not put a third of the entire available attribute points to get one skill that slightly increases the chance of finding vehicle parts. You talk about hard choices - that's not a hard choice. There are obviously far more useful things to use a third of the total available attribute points on. Maybe it would be a good choice in a multiplayer game where one player was roleplaying a mechanic. Which would be interesting and entertaining to some players. Probably including me. I like some car mechanic games. 7 Days to Die meets My Summer Car. I'd buy that game if it existed.

Anyway, I'm wandering off the point. Thanks for the mod, it's great fun. Time for me to head back into the wasteland and find more supermutants to kill for their bags of good loot.

Well, trying to upgrade a vehicle would pop up the picture of the item needed. Sure, it doesn't tell you the name, but most of them should be obvious enough so that when you manage to buy or salvage one, you'll likely know it's the needed part. I could add it to the name you see when looking at the block, but I fiddled with stuff like that when I added that feature and I didn't like how it looked.

Grease Monkey also unlocks the vehicle mod crafting, as well as gas and oil. But it isn't any more necessary than several of the other perks. Just up to what you wanna be good at. :)

Playing 3.1 and ran into farming issue: farming plots now require water nearby. I got 5 water pipes in a farming package and a bucket.
Am I supposed to place pipes and dump water over those? It doesn't work.. I didn't found any way to craft more pipes neither.
I finally placed about 20 plots near a little lake by my base and planted it all (i could plant it so it seems fine). It started growing for a bit to then it all turned into dry grass. Stuff you get 3 wood from. ALL of it. Do you have any tutorial about farming in 3.1? I planted 5 more plots, near lake, I'm visiting everyday to see whats up.. spacer.png

5 hours ago, Yvels said:

Playing 3.1 and ran into farming issue: farming plots now require water nearby. I got 5 water pipes in a farming package and a bucket.
Am I supposed to place pipes and dump water over those? It doesn't work.. I didn't found any way to craft more pipes neither.
I finally placed about 20 plots near a little lake by my base and planted it all (i could plant it so it seems fine). It started growing for a bit to then it all turned into dry grass. Stuff you get 3 wood from. ALL of it. Do you have any tutorial about farming in 3.1? I planted 5 more plots, near lake, I'm visiting everyday to see whats up.. spacer.png

You need either a pipe valve block placed on the pipes, or a sprinkler. The normal pipes carry water, the valve types and sprinkler are what actually water your crops. There should be a journal tip you got when messing with them that explains it.

14 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Well, trying to upgrade a vehicle would pop up the picture of the item needed. Sure, it doesn't tell you the name, but most of them should be obvious enough so that when you manage to buy or salvage one, you'll likely know it's the needed part. I could add it to the name you see when looking at the block, but I fiddled with stuff like that when I added that feature and I didn't like how it looked.

Grease Monkey also unlocks the vehicle mod crafting, as well as gas and oil. But it isn't any more necessary than several of the other perks. Just up to what you wanna be good at. :)

It does pop up a picture. but it's a very small one and my eyesight isn't up to the job even with glasses. Without glasses I wouldn't be able to see anything on the screen, so thank goodness for glasses. My natural eyesight is dire. I tried a comparison with normal test once but couldn't get a result because the scale only went up to 20/800 and my eyesight is worse than that.

I got lucky with the vehicle mods and found the ones I wanted in loot. Supercharger and fuel saver and good to go. I find that with that setup I can get all the fuel I need from wrenching vehicles, so it all works out. The motorbike is pretty efficient with fuel, especially with the fuel saver mod.

I went with being good at bashing zombies with clubs and a secondary aptitude for shooting zombies with machine guns. It's working out pretty well.

On 4/7/2023 at 7:43 PM, Yvels said:

Hi bdubyah,

[..]

I'm a fan of the Fallout franchise too. 1, 2, 3, NV, 4 and even 76 (a bit). Finding Fallout stuff (with some name changes) in 7DTD was great. I don't use power armour in the Fallout games, but this mod has shown me what power armour needs - an armoured, spiky zombie-fighting motorbike. It looks exactly right.

11 hours ago, Yvels said:

[..]
I finally placed about 20 plots near a little lake by my base and planted it all (i could plant it so it seems fine). It started growing for a bit to then it all turned into dry grass. Stuff you get 3 wood from. ALL of it. [..]

I've done almost no farming because farming is almost worthless without the living off the land perk and I can't get it without respeccing to be far worse at fighting zombies.  But I did some farming to make use of the seeds I find in loot and maybe buy from traders, mainly because I chose to build my house with a pond in the back yard. I found that farming worked in this mod with a natural body of water but only for plots right next to the water. If there's even one block distance, nothing grows. Maybe not even as much as one whole block. I have a rectangle of a single line of farm plots around the pond, right on the edge of the pond (overhanging it a bit for a couple of the plots) and even then one of the corner plots doesn't work because the shape of the pond makes it slightly further away from that plot than the others.