Jump to content

(A20/A19) bdubyah's modlets


bdubyah

Recommended Posts

Hey, Bdub, quick question. so... i play on survival normaly, tis what i can rock with most of the time since it makes the leveling a little more generous (meaning, when i invest points into skills, its more worthwhile since, bows start to one tap zombies from stealth, rifles are more effective and can put up there weight with em too, it makes leveling more... worthwhile, is better to say). but on this difficulty, your foes are tanky as hell. did you balance the game around playing at the default difficulty? i need to restart the game i had going, but im curious what you would recomend playing on.

Edited by Colin248 (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2022 at 6:05 PM, Colin248 said:

Hey, Bdub, quick question. so... i play on survival normaly, tis what i can rock with most of the time since it makes the leveling a little more generous (meaning, when i invest points into skills, its more worthwhile since, bows start to one tap zombies from stealth, rifles are more effective and can put up there weight with em too, it makes leveling more... worthwhile, is better to say). but on this difficulty, your foes are tanky as hell. did you balance the game around playing at the default difficulty? i need to restart the game i had going, but im curious what you would recomend playing on.

Yeah, it's mostly made for default, that way you can go easier or harder if needed still. They are meant to be tanky, and avoided until you can handle them. You are free to take them on with a primitive bow and stone arrows, but that will obviously be difficult. No shame in running. Lol.

And just to show some stuff I am working on:
Nav Tek POI:
SZfAoH7l.jpg

zHdR7wRl.jpg

YAEYczfl.jpg

 

Some decontamination arches that will be in the Nav Tek POI, and others in the future, to help cure that rad poisoning:

 

Airship:

ojMH111l.jpg

 

A Mutant Bomber:

Their AI was turned off for this btw. They do move pretty quick though. ;)

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the response! main issue i have with how they are balanced currently is that, when i was playing on survivor, super mutants took 2 full mags of assault rifle ammo to the face/chest and they wouldent die. back on normal difficulty they were still tough but nowere near as... troublesome. turning down the difficulty has made playing your mod alot more pleasent. hell, taking shots now isnt the end of everything if i got meds, were as before it was.... brutal. 

been playing your mod for a bit now, i think im mostly ok with the skill system now. however... some spitball ideas to getting more SPECIAL points. 
1: completing magazines should give 1 point. i think this helps with progression as when you complete a magazine series you can improve yourself even if the mag group you find is the clothier one. (lets be fair, that ones useless for the most part aside from the double clothes pocket mod schematic.) 
2: enough saved skill points lets you buy a SPECIAL point instead, from somewhere in the menu. this is more for late game once you maxed your current skills, but its still usefull. 

dont mean to harp on about the Skills system ya got, but i do think its the biggest thing i currently am at odds with. curiously, did you change the amount of EXP needed per level to assist this endeavour or it still at the games default ramping exp needed? 

also, when can we expect the super mutant and zed mixed hordes to come back? with next update? cos thats gona be exciteing :D 

other criticism i dont think i have... its just nice to get into gun fights and have a bla- OH! NUKA COLA CLEAR. that @%$#ing rad zombie in the cage. anything you can do to tweek that? also, a way to access the bottleing plant from a key would be nice, rather then needing to break down a door to get to the recipy room and bottler, to open it from the other side. (or a key somewhere to open that locked door in the offices would also be nice.) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Colin248 said:

Thanks for the response! main issue i have with how they are balanced currently is that, when i was playing on survivor, super mutants took 2 full mags of assault rifle ammo to the face/chest and they wouldent die. back on normal difficulty they were still tough but nowere near as... troublesome. turning down the difficulty has made playing your mod alot more pleasent. hell, taking shots now isnt the end of everything if i got meds, were as before it was.... brutal. 

been playing your mod for a bit now, i think im mostly ok with the skill system now. however... some spitball ideas to getting more SPECIAL points. 
1: completing magazines should give 1 point. i think this helps with progression as when you complete a magazine series you can improve yourself even if the mag group you find is the clothier one. (lets be fair, that ones useless for the most part aside from the double clothes pocket mod schematic.) 
2: enough saved skill points lets you buy a SPECIAL point instead, from somewhere in the menu. this is more for late game once you maxed your current skills, but its still usefull. 

dont mean to harp on about the Skills system ya got, but i do think its the biggest thing i currently am at odds with. curiously, did you change the amount of EXP needed per level to assist this endeavour or it still at the games default ramping exp needed? 

also, when can we expect the super mutant and zed mixed hordes to come back? with next update? cos thats gona be exciteing :D 

other criticism i dont think i have... its just nice to get into gun fights and have a bla- OH! NUKA COLA CLEAR. that @%$#ing rad zombie in the cage. anything you can do to tweek that? also, a way to access the bottleing plant from a key would be nice, rather then needing to break down a door to get to the recipy room and bottler, to open it from the other side. (or a key somewhere to open that locked door in the offices would also be nice.) 

I mean, that's the point of being able to change the difficulty. Mutants are tanky by default. Any difficulty higher than that and they just get worse.

I might consider something like the magazine idea. Maybe. The skill point one would be more diffcult, so probably not.

Didn't touch the exp curve.

Should be in the next update, but can't say for sure when that will be. I've got several things I'm working on, but the Nav Tek POI is something I want done before I release the update.

If you mean the rad ghoul that emits the big AOE that kills you, that will be changing in the next update. I used them to block higher tier POIs till you could get rad meds or armor mods to deal with it. The idea it still there, it's just now going to be blocks that emit the radiation, and there will be trader quests where you have to clean up those blocks. So there will still be POIs you simply can't enter on day 1. I need to work on more POIs for that as well. If you just meant the bulletproof glass, that will be changed as well. I did that on purpose to keep that rad ghoul there so you couldn't easily lure him away.

Not sure what you mean about the recipe room. The path of the POI leads you to it. What door are you meaning you have to break to get to it? There is like one commercial door that is locked that has to be broken, but that shouldn't take very long. The roll up door right after the vault door that comes out to the entrance area can be opened with a key rack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

only reason i brought up the rad ghoul is, needing to destroy high hp blocks just to complete a quest sucked. especily since i only got a iron pick. i remember the intention behind the rad ghoul, tho im glad your going with a steadily ramping damage type, as apposed to, hes just spawned and your in the middle of the POI, guess you die. X3 tho the idea of rad blocks i greatly appreciate! such as radation barrels and the like. :3 as well as a new quest type, again, always neat when more is added this way. 

so... the way your POI is pathed, is that you start in the offices, then you head into the flooded basement, then come out the other side to the other group of bandits. wipe them out, then make your way to the kitchin but... i aint seen a clear path from there. so you return to the lobby with the big locked door, but theres no way to open it.... from this side. 

you gota head back to the offices, find the one door there thats locked, break it down, and then go that way to unlock the Lobby door from the other side. the flow of the POI is a little whacky, is what im trying to say. XD 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Colin248 said:

only reason i brought up the rad ghoul is, needing to destroy high hp blocks just to complete a quest sucked. especily since i only got a iron pick. i remember the intention behind the rad ghoul, tho im glad your going with a steadily ramping damage type, as apposed to, hes just spawned and your in the middle of the POI, guess you die. X3 tho the idea of rad blocks i greatly appreciate! such as radation barrels and the like. :3 as well as a new quest type, again, always neat when more is added this way. 

so... the way your POI is pathed, is that you start in the offices, then you head into the flooded basement, then come out the other side to the other group of bandits. wipe them out, then make your way to the kitchin but... i aint seen a clear path from there. so you return to the lobby with the big locked door, but theres no way to open it.... from this side. 

you gota head back to the offices, find the one door there thats locked, break it down, and then go that way to unlock the Lobby door from the other side. the flow of the POI is a little whacky, is what im trying to say. XD 

 

It's really not though. Lol. When you come out of the flooded area there is a hallway that leads to stairs. As soon as you get to the top of those stairs there is a locked door on the right. Break it open. I guess I can make it the door with a window and maybe add a light or something but it really isn't that hard to spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, bdubyah said:

It's really not though. Lol. When you come out of the flooded area there is a hallway that leads to stairs. As soon as you get to the top of those stairs there is a locked door on the right. Break it open. I guess I can make it the door with a window and maybe add a light or something but it really isn't that hard to spot.

thats... a fair point. @%$#. X3 and i suppose some locked doors is good to prevent the bandits swarming as soon as you arrive. 

altho, the police station POI with bandits, making a single hole means they all get stuck running at you. duno if thats something you want to peek at. 😧

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

First, I give my thankful to the modders 
Thanks for your hard job 
I m sorry for my bad english , 
I remember i played this mod with war3zuk  in alpha 19 , its worked great in the past i love the weapons and the shapes of cars in the roads , the npc soldiers and the monsters in wasteland.
but now , its very hard to combine it with other mods because the attributes of perks i think , or i don't know.. 
i would love to see this mods separets with modlets , like modlets of the weapons , modlets of vehicles, modlets of npc or zombies, modlets of the armors , modlets of melee etc .... thats would be amazing.. its great mods , i love it 
Peace. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bassemsdj95 said:

First, I give my thankful to the modders 
Thanks for your hard job 
I m sorry for my bad english , 
I remember i played this mod with war3zuk  in alpha 19 , its worked great in the past i love the weapons and the shapes of cars in the roads , the npc soldiers and the monsters in wasteland.
but now , its very hard to combine it with other mods because the attributes of perks i think , or i don't know.. 
i would love to see this mods separets with modlets , like modlets of the weapons , modlets of vehicles, modlets of npc or zombies, modlets of the armors , modlets of melee etc .... thats would be amazing.. its great mods , i love it 
Peace. 

Not gonna happen, sorry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@bdubyahIn file named, RagsnBdubstyleoldvehicles.xml , on line 145, <property name="position" value="0, 1.1 , -0 .5"/>, I think you have a typo with an added space between the 0 and the decimal (.).  

I got an error when a 4th person got in the 500 helicopter, "5532.235 EXC FormatException: Unknown Char: . (input: '0, 1.1 , -0 .5')"

 

Caused the person to stick out the bottom of the heli and be stuck in a seated position until they left the server and came back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RizenRPM said:

@bdubyahIn file named, RagsnBdubstyleoldvehicles.xml , on line 145, <property name="position" value="0, 1.1 , -0 .5"/>, I think you have a typo with an added space between the 0 and the decimal (.).  

I got an error when a 4th person got in the 500 helicopter, "5532.235 EXC FormatException: Unknown Char: . (input: '0, 1.1 , -0 .5')"

 

Caused the person to stick out the bottom of the heli and be stuck in a seated position until they left the server and came back.

I'm not sure what that file is. What mod is it from?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...